The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 658 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/11/11
Hehehe This was great.

I would have made it a bit clearer about who was talking. I got that it was the daughter, but who was the second person? Her son? Her son-in-law?

Very good over all! Very funny.
03/11/11
Well crafted dialog. I can imagaine my wife and I having the same conversation in a few years.

Well done!
03/11/11
Nice surprise ending. I did a little double take at first. It was hard to keep up with who was speaking with whom during the whole thing - the guy or the girl. I wonder if a few he saids, she saids might have helped. I really liked it though, you had me intrigued.
03/12/11
The dialog between the MCs was right on target. Even though parents nervously watch out the window; they want to give the impression that it was just a normal evening.
Funny! Loved the ending!
I had A feeling they were talking about then mom, but I still enjoyed the bantering. It can be stressful when parents start dating!
03/13/11
I liked the switching of rolls as I figured it was the daughter and son having this discussion. Nice to have the kids worry about the parents for a change. Good job.
dialog can be difficult to write...as can a short, truly witty piece -- A on both counts!
03/15/11
Good Stuff. I am a fan of the O'Henry books of years ago and the thing I enjoyed the most was the twist at the end. You never knew how they would turn out. You did well with your "twist".
03/15/11
Witty and engaging with a great twist! Well done, Aunt Debbie!
03/15/11
My mom used to tell me stories of her and her sisters waiting for their mom to come home from a date. They were hilarious! Great job.
03/16/11
An O.Henry look-a-like indeed.
Took me a half second to stop scratching my head:-) Nice!
03/16/11
O'Henry...the other O.Henry was not a look-a-like:-)
03/17/11
I was thinking of my husband and I someday with our one and only girl. She has 3 big brothers for look outs too! I joke about secretly sending one ahead to where ever the date is to be! I LOVED the surprise ending! Some he said, she said would've been helpful. Keep up the great work!
03/17/11
Awesome! You capture the basic dialogue of a worried couple, anxiously awaiting their daughter's return home from a date and then ... we realize the tables were completely turned! Now I know why you left out descriptions of the characters. ;) Superb!