The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 727 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is small too common story. It is quite easy to stay at home and avoid people.

I was a little confused if the speaker was remembering Daisy because there weren't quotation marks around that part but when I got to the end I figured it all out.

I really like your message and it's one I definitely need to be reminded of. Thanks for sharing. I hope it will helpme to conquer my fears as well.
This is a very nice story, and a pleasant reminder of how God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

In reading through the paragraphs, I came across some sentences that may be classified as run-on, otherwise, I really enjoyed your story.

Very powerful piece! God bless!
Aw, very nice story! A message we all need to take to heart.

10/24/10
Many who are painfully shy will really relate to your main character.

I'd have liked to get to know her better--the narrative about Daisy was a lot of 'tell', but not much 'show'. And I felt the topic of face-to-face communication was only lightly touched on.

I liked that you showed Daisy having a gradual transformation rather than a totally sudden change--very true to life and inspiring.
10/25/10
Inspirational, especially to those who are truly intimdated by person to person conversations. I enjoyed the process of working through that.
10/26/10
I like the approach the conference speaker took in introducing herself to the group. Thanks for writing and keep it up.