The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1461 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/27/10
Beautiful writing!

A teensy suggestion--you may have a few too many sentences with semicolons for such a short devotional.

I really love the comparisons to Nehemiah--surely one of the OT's most inspiring characters.
05/27/10
An inspiring read. Well done with the lesson conveyed. This spoke to me too, "As Nehemiah received instruction from God so will a writer who seeks His face" Thank you for your good writing.
I think you nailed it. Inspiration does, ultimately, come from God. And I loved the bit about pursuing the Giver, not the gift. Too often we do that, don't we? Great job.
AMEN! Great job. You nailed this weeks challenge and beautifully done.
Good writing with a great message.
06/01/10
Good job. You really accomplished the assignment with beautiful writing.
06/01/10
Very creative take on the topic! I love the story of Nehemiah, but I never would have thought to relate his experiences to those of a writer. The comparison certainly works, though. Enjoyed it!
06/01/10
Wonderful devotional for any writer. I especially loved the last paragraph "Silent resignation to present circumstance is not God’s plan. Purposeful pursuit of the Giver, not the gift, is." This is a great reminder in life as well as in writing (or using our other gifts).

This shed a whole new light on the story of Nehemiah for me. Thanks.
06/01/10
Your first paragraph was strong, setting the tone and mood for the rest of this well-written piece. Excellent representation for this week's challenge. (You won't be in Beginners very long with this quality of writing.) Well done!
06/01/10
Thank you for such an inspirational and challenging piece. As a very new member to FaithWriters and certainly a Level I, I will benefit so much from this word.
Nancy K. Sullivan
This is a vibrantly descriptive piece.
Maria,
Congratulations on your win! I enjoyed this piece. The part that struck me the most was "As Nehemiah received instruction from God so will the writer who seeks His face." Lovely encouragement.
Congratulations on your win!
06/09/10
Congratulations to you for taking first place with this winning entry. Thanks for the reminder that we must pursue God, not the gift--wise words.