The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1223 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/18/10
Great job. You took a well known happening and made it more than interesting to one who knows the outcome. Again, I say that was a great job of writing, and even small children would get the impact of the story
02/19/10
Nice imaginative angle on one of my favorite truths. The two unnamed spys just reek of humilty. Nice job
02/20/10
Super job without tainting any truth. I would like to see more.
02/23/10
Oh, this is great!

I would have ended this one line sooner. Rehab's last thought is enough of a summary.

I think you captured Rehab's thoughts perfectly. Great job!
Very good job of retelling a bible Story. You made it seem fresh and interesting. The suspense was great.
02/23/10
You did a good job of adhering to the Biblical story while making it come to life to your readers. I like how Rahab's dialogue were direct quotes from the Bible. The ending was powerful. I've been a Christian for almost 40 years and it's given me a new perspective on the scarlet cord. Well done.
02/24/10
Rahab is such an intersting Biblical character. You've brought this Bible story to life. I like your comparison at the end with the scarlet cord. Nice work!
02/24/10
Great job. I have always been struck by the fact that Rahab was in Jesus' line of descent. Rahab, a prostitute. The awesome forgiveness of God!
02/25/10
LOVE IT! You have a great gift for bringing Bible stories to life! I could just feel the desperation of Rahab and the spies as she helped them hide from the soldiers. Suspenseful! I also love your descriptions. Like the chieftain who's "arrogance followed him out the door." Very well-written!
02/25/10
Yay, Kristi! Highly Commended!!! Right after getting 1st place last week! Can't beat that. :)