The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1235 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Heart-wrenching. I could really feel for this teen girl, so young to give up something so precious, yet she was able to release a little part of her, so that Amy could have a better future, the one she couldn't have. This was great. Nice job. Lots of emotion is packed in here and I love the voice.
07/25/09
I love how you picked up on the Moses angle and pointed out that love can sometimes mean letting go.
07/28/09
Touching story of a mothers love and sacrifice...very well done.
Congratulations on EC for this beautiful story that tugs at the heart and stays in the memory.
07/30/09
congratulations beautifully written. A well dererved win!
07/30/09
Strong and raw subject matter written with emotions. Congrats on the EC.
Mona
07/30/09
There is much real emotion in this tender story. Well done--congratulations!
07/30/09
What a beautifully heartfelt story. I felt the young mom's pain; this story almost moved me to tears. What a brilliant parallel to the story of Moses and his mother. Giving up a baby so she can have a better life is one of the most noble and unselfish deeds a person can do. Beautifully written. Congratulations! I look forward to reading more of your wonderful writing!
07/30/09
Wonderful story - and I love the thread of hope at the end. Well done.
Heart rendering, yet beautifully written. I especially liked the way you were able to present an age old Bible story and cause another to see its relevance into today's time and circumstances. Emotions, it seems, never change. Congratulations in placing with this wonderful piece. Look forward to reading more of your work in the future.
Emotion packed - wow. Simply wonderful. Congratulations on your EC!