The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 856 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I like this "nature granny" she's got spunk and a good outlook on life that will last her. You did great with the backstory, by not dumping it out that she was a widow and alone mostly, but it was handled very well. Nice job.
07/09/09
Go granny! She reminds me of an aunt who went to heaven. You definitely gave us a clear and engaging picture of this wonderful lady. Good job!
07/10/09
I like the attitude. Things seldom go the way we dream, but much of it is even better, because God does all things well! Good job
07/15/09
good descriptive content. Remember to try and think of as title for your peice rather than using the theme. This will make it stand out from the others and entice people to read your good writing.
07/16/09
Congratulations on your first place win. I also liked the term "nature granny".
Lisa
07/16/09
Congratulations on your EC achievement--first place! This was an inspiring read for anyone of any age. Good descriptions throughout this piece made it an enjoyable read.

Sabino Canyon was a favorite hiking place for my daughter when she lived in AZ--so I've seen the beauty you described.
Congratulations on your 1st place win!
07/18/09
Congratulations on your excellent win, Margaret. Not only 1st Place in Level 1, but you also made it into the highest rankings, placing 23rd overall. A fantastic result for a Level 1 entrant.

Time to move up to Level 2 now.

If you would like to check the highest rankings for yourself, you can see them here:

http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26236

Keep up the great writing. Deb (Challenge Coordinator)