The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 942 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/01/05
This was very funny in a weird sort of way!
If you had spaced paragraphs it would have been a little easier to read through. God bless ya, littlelight
08/02/05
The ol' switcheroo! Good play back and forth. I ditto the spacing. Without mentioning God, you showed the emptiness of life without Him.
08/03/05
A touch of Walter Mitty :) I enjoyed this.
what? what? come on you're not going to finish! Good job. I agree with spacing to make the read easier
I really enjoyed this story! Good job! I agree about the spacing between paragraphs. Also, I noticed you used the word "women" (at the pro shop) and then said "she", indicating singular. I notice a lot of people use the word 'women' instead of 'woman'. It seems to be a common misuse, and one of my pet peeves lol.

I was hating this selfish, self-centered man at first, then realizing as I read he was 'dreamin' (hence the name of the title I think). You did a great job with your descriptions (was grossed out by the booger one lol). Keep up the great work!!
08/09/05
Rick, I liked this. It was a fun read. The only trouble was that it was way over the maximum word count allowed for Challenge entries (750 words). Your entry came in at 932 words, so unfortunately it had to be disqualified.

Be encouraged though. I like your style and I'm sure your future entries will be a great addition to the Challenge. Just keep the limits in mind - 150 minimum and 750 maximum.

Love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)