The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 904 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/16/08
Very interesting! I really enjoyed the whole first paragraph, especially the capital Someone. Thanks for using your imagination with a seldom considered side of that story.
Well Done!
I had my suspicions, but then you threw me off track with the hunters and then back to the ark. Just the right amount of suspense at the beginning,

I love how you started with the one drop and the sadness from the Creator.

I hope this places this week.
05/17/08
Refreshing to read the familiar Noah's Ark story from another point of view. I enjoyed it very much!
Nice writing and creative slant on the topic. Great description in the first paragraph. :)
05/20/08
I enjoyed this creative look at the pre-deluge story. It held my interest throughout.
05/21/08
Well written; nicely descriptive. I like the assumed history of the story (similar to Francine Rivers), but it would have been nice to read more about the in-law aspect of her life (most of it was about her and not her in-laws). However, what you did write was nicely written and easy to follow.
Congratulations on your Highly Commended.
Looking forward to more from you.
This is a very creative entry. Loved it and congratulations on your win!
05/24/08
Congratulations on your Highly Commended. I really enjoyed reading this story. I, too, did a story based on one of Noah's sons--but with a bit of sarcasm.
05/26/08
Great use of the topic. Loved the Biblical backdrop. Well told story. I write Bible-character monologues and perform them for church occasionally. It reminds us that our Bible super-heroes were human just like us. Well done and congratulations!