The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1048 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/17/08
Your dad will leave a lasting legacy to all his children and grandchildren with this kind of life lesson he's providing! What a lovely story-I really appreciated reading about his act of kindness and the effect it had on your nephew, too.
04/18/08
What a marvelous story!

You had a few punctuation problems, and I was a little bit confused by Joshua. At first I assumed he was collge age, because of his scholarship and job, but then he seemed quite a bit younger later in the story. Maybe some clarification of that would help.

My heart was warmed by this lovely entry.
What a wonderful example. Thanks for the reminder that others are watching our actions. Good job!
Heart-warming tribute. Nicely done. I got a little "lost" by all the family relationship references, i.e. my mom, my sister's trailer,etc. Might have been a little easier to follow the family ties if they had been presented from Josh's perspective in the story- Grandmother, mom, etc. -Just a thought. :) Thank God for people like your dad who give so much.
What a wonderful, inspiring story. I aspire to be like your dad, and I love how Josh was inspired and acted on what he witnessed your dad doing. If only there were more people in this world like your dad. God Bless.