The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1074 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/06/08
wow! What an example of God's care and the generosity of others.
I would have enjoyed a little more description of England, but I realize the word count limits you.
I liked the reference to "Oliver Twist", one of my favorite stories.
Good job, keep writing.
03/07/08
I love your title! Know Provisions -- very good! This sounds like a most exciting trip!
Laury
I loved reading this and it was a fun and delightful read. I love the reference to Joseph and his response to his brothers regarding the Lord using their evil for good. What an awesome Heavenly Father we serve Who can certainly turn evil (dark clouds) into good (silver linings)!! You did well with your experience showing this theme.
03/10/08
Superb title, and as a teacher who is going to England for the first time this summer, I feel that I've been duly warned.

There were some problems with punctuation, and with the formatting of dialogue. Just a few quick edits would take care of it.

I love the pun on no/know in your title, and your literary allusions.
Very weird having my name in a story ..LOL..not to mention having my wallet stolen ;-) Very neat story.. I love how everyone started helping out at the end.
03/12/08
Nice job. Great way of tying in the silver lining at the end. I had a chuckle when people asked about their "arrangement."
03/12/08
I felt like I was right there traveling with these ladies. There are some punctuation errors and a few awkward word/phrase choice. Overall, an enjoyable read. Good job.
03/12/08
I liked it. That was a great scripture reference at the bottom. How much better off would we be if we kept that in mind regularly? It was also a great illustration of trusting in God. Good job.
That's so neat for all of them to come together and lend a hand. I also loved the 'arrangement' of paying with Judy's credit card when buying chocolate and fudge. Yum! It sounds like a great trip, and loved your ending! ^_^
03/12/08
Too cute! I LOVE the title!
03/13/08
That's how God works! What a neat testimony of His provision through others.