The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1108 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/16/07
Very touching story of the body of Christ ministering to a woman in need.

I got lost in the time line a few times--a few paragraphs in particular covered an awful lot of time in her life. Maybe just focusing on one episode would give you more room for plot and character devolopment?

I was glad that she was comforted by her faith and fellow believers.
12/16/07
Since you changed the names, I have a strong feeling that this is a true story. It's wonderful how a church family can step in and be a family for each other in times of need.
12/17/07
I liked how you started with the dialogue. I suggest you put little more feeling by inserting your own thoughts...at your father's casket, etc.
The message is so true. The church is a wonderful supporting family.
12/19/07
Lovely story. And you captured the true church.
Wonderful example of the what the church should do in people's lives.

I think I might have put only one asterisk in the story itself (for the song reference), then added the footnote that the story was true, although the names had been changed.

Some really great thoughts here!
12/20/07
I'm guessing this story was somewhat true because of the asteriks and I could really relate. The only thing that bothered me was when I read that the husband had been in seminary. The rest of the time,I wondered why a Christian couple couldn't work things out. I understand that Christians get divorced too but because you weren't able to go into detail, I wish that part had been left out. The seminary part, not the divorce part. Only because, then it distracted me from the point of the story. But overall, it actually brought tears to my eyes, as I have been there myself. You did a good job.