The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1097 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
You told a delightful story with such a wonderful message! Keep writing!
08/09/07
You, my dear, are an encourager! Your Luke sounds like a wonderful child. You are blessed, and thanks for the metaphorical reminder through your story about Luke, that sooner or later, we all will get our turn, if we are patient. Good job!
You captured a little boy's joy and anticipation for ice cream very well. I found myself smiling. Luke sounds precious. Nice message at the end, too.
08/14/07
Wonderful! I appreciated your approach to the topic and enjoyed the story you told.
08/15/07
What a neat thought! I love how you turned Luke's anticipation into a lesson for us--definately something to keep in mind when I'm (impatiently!) waiting for something. Hugs!! :-)
Cute story, wonderful message. Good job.
I love this story. Your grandson is a delight and yes, we can learn a lot from children. Great lesson and story.
08/15/07
This is delightful and refreshing! I love looking at life through a child's eyes. Your writing is very clear and descriptive. I especially like the sentence in which Luke is counting out how many steps until he reaches his ice cream! Great entry. :)
08/15/07
I liked the story a lot. You captured the essence of a child's eyes and propelled it into meaningful statements. You might want to have someone proof your work to catch some of the small boo boos. Good stuff, keep writing.
Thanks for the sweet picture of Luke and the lesson he teaches us all.
08/16/07
I love THIS, and Luke, and the message. A real gem - I needed to hear this.
02/29/08
Excellent analogy Lenda!