Return to Content
Read Our Devotional
Opportunities to be Published
The Home for Christian Writers! Matthew 6:33
ENCOURAGE AUTHOR BY COMMENTING
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
As A Member
Add to Favorites
Philosophical Christian Thoughts
Free to Share
Author requests article critique
1) One important aspect of restoring spiritual vitality in the church, is we need to remember that Jesus was an extremely intellectually competent person who knew what he was talking about. He was the philosopher of philosophers (of truth), obviously even more so than King Solomon. Revitalizing philosophical reflection in the church and not just only theological reflection will help us to see Christ in his full wisdom, boldness, and intellectual competence. There is a place for Theology but we also cant forget about Christian philosophy!
2) Christianity is the most non-apathetic experience of faiths. Before I became a Christian I pursued every single religion, (buddism, new age, hinduism, witchcraft, paganism, satanism, channeling, wicca, etc...) all of which drove me mad because of the level of apathy that arose from them. Christianity and a relationship with Christ is the only path I've ever found where there was no apathy involved.
3) The narrow Christian path may be tough, and even lonely at times, but at least it is guaranteed to be a path of far less apathy!!
4) Truth never changes, and rationality always changes over time. Our culture is obsessed with our ability to rationalize, and it is obsessed with our own worldly intellect and the worship of our own minds. Jesus sets us free! Grab onto him and grab onto something that never changes and will never fail you; TRUTH.
5) Measuring your faith purely by rationality is a dead end, because rationality changes over time and comes in degrees. Rationality is of the flesh. It is a survival mechanism of the world. Guage your faith by truth. Truth is of Christ and is of the divine. Take the leap!
6) Since rationality is making decisions based on logic. Having faith in Christ is a non-rational fuelled decision. A supernatural indwelling of the Holy Spirit occurs when we decide to believe in Christ. All other worldly faiths(Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Satanism, Buddism, etc). don't involve the supernatural indwelling of the Holy Spirit of God. So that means that all other faiths other than that of a faith in Jesus Christ is a purely logical and rational choice. I'd rather have a non-rational-fuelled faith with the Holy Spirit in me, than a rational-fuelled faith with no Holy Spirit in me.
7) Only Obedience in Jesus gives us the ultimate desired state of tranquility. Many practices such as Buddhism and New age try to capture that ultimate desired state of tranquility. but the only way to reach that state of tranquility is to be obedient to Jesus. I've tried every way and the only time I ever felt truly tranquil was when I humbled myself and became obedient to Jesus; the author of tranquility.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR BELOW
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
AS A MEMBER
Reader Count & Comments
This article has been read
Read more articles by
or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)
Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
FaithWriters offers Christian reading material for Christian readers. We offer Christian articles, Christian fiction, Christian non-fiction, Christian Bible studies, Christian poems, Christian articles for sale, free use Christian articles, Christian living articles, New Covenant Christian Bible Studies, Christian magazine articles and new Christian articles. We write for Jesus about God, the Bible, salvation, prayer and the word of God.
Link To Us
Become A Member