Return to Content
Read Our Devotional
Opportunities to be Published
The Home for Christian Writers! Matthew 6:33
ENCOURAGE AUTHOR BY COMMENTING
Add to Favorites
Jesus took our sicknesses The Divine Exchange
Free to Share
Author requests article critique
Jesus took our sicknesses by The Divine Exchange
It was a Divine Exchange that God the Father brought to mankind. It was not limited to Salvation alone. It was not that Jesus just died for our sins so we can make it to Heaven. NO! Isaiah wrote, and with HIS stripes we are HEALED. This is not spiritual Healing, this is clearly defined by Matthew and Peter as Physical Healing. Jesus took our infirmities and borne our sicknesses Matthew wrote in (Matt. 8:14-17 NKJV) quoting Isaiah 53:4-5 NKJV; and so did Peter (1 Peter 2:24 NKJV). Matthew and Peter saw Jesus in action as HE Healed the sick and delivered people who were demon possessed during HIS earthly Ministry around A.D. 30-33. And Peter and Matthew affirmed and confirmed that this TRUTH is Physical Divine Healing.
After Jesus died and God raised Him from the dead, Jesus commissioned HIS disciples to train the following generations by teaching them all things HE taught them (Matthew 28:18-20 NKJV). Jesus taught HIS disciples to Heal the sick and proclaim that Divine Healing is available. Peter obeyed the instructions and Peter Ministered to the people and Preached that Jesus Heals (See Acts 2, 3 and 10). Then in A.D. 60-65, Matthew and Peter wrote their Books and included the TEACHING of THE DIVINE EXCHANGE—BY WHOSE STRIPES YOU WERE HEALED (1 Peter 2:24 NKJV/ Matt. 8:14-17 NKJV)
Notice the ongoing TRUTH of DIVINE HEALING. Peter and Matthew left us clear records in their Letters that JESUS provided the DIVINE EXCHANGE IN THE AREA OF DIVINE HEALING.
Why is DIVINE HEALING such a controversial topic?
The reason why any topic in Scripture is controversial is because it’s poorly presented and taught—which it then becomes misunderstood Doctrine as it’s misapplied. So people who hear that GOD HEALS but fail to experience it—become bitter and say GOD ONLY HEALS SOME PEOPLE, BUT NOT EVERYBODY. Others say God stop Healing people after the last Apostle died. So then, it supports the theory of Theologians who have not experienced Divine Healing. You see, it’s not false Doctrine that hurts the Body of Christ—it’s poorly presented Doctrine that hurts the Body of Christ and causes disharmony. False Doctrine can easily be caught if we are good students of Scripture and sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
However, what Modern Theologians who have not experienced Divine Healing tend to agree with other immature believers, that Divine Healing is not for everybody. Or that Divine Healing ceased when the last Apostle died. Do you know that Jehovah Witnesses, as well as, other Religions hold to this concept and use Scripture out of context to support their opinion. I read their materials and I’m fully aware of all the passages of Scripture they misquote to support their opinion that Divine Healing is no longer available.
So when they come to me with their unbiblical teachings, I take them on a clear-cut presentation of the topic of Divine Healing. They stay there in amazement as they hear the TRUTH of GOD’S WORD clearly taught, rightly interpreted, and practically presented with testimony. This is why I have to write many articles to give readers the clear picture of the topic that is being taught.
DIVINE HEALING IS A DIVINE EXCHANGE!!!
Isaiah, Matthew and Peter gave us clear TRUTH about DIVINE HEALING BEING A DIVINE EXCHANGE. This is where we must begin to understand the TRUTH of DIVINE HEALING. It was given to us by way of a DIVINE EXCHANGE. JESUS received 40 stripes or whips on HIS back and as a result provided us with DIVINE HEALING. This is part of the REDEMPTIVE PACKAGE OF SALVATION. Jesus did not only die for our sins, but HE received 40 whips to provide us with DIVINE HEALING.
You see, we were supposed to be punished for our sins—but GOD made Jesus to become sin for us (Isaiah 53:4-5 NKJV). Isaiah went further and wrote, Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise HIM (JESUS); (Isaiah 53:10 NKJV). Wow! Meditate on that!!! God the Father was pleased to bruise JESUS? Yes, that’s what Isaiah said. This clearly show us the depth of God’s DIVINE LOVE to provide us with the DIVINE EXCHANGE FOR DIVINE HEALING.
The other misconceptions that Christians struggle with is, why many Christians are not HEALED?
1. BECAUSE WE ALLOW MISINFORMED THEOLOGIANS AND OTHER BELIEVERS TO CONVINCE US OTHERWISE—THAT GOD HEALS ONLY SOME PEOPLE NOT EVERYONE. OR WORST YET, GOD STOP HEALING WHEN THE LAST APOSTLE DIED. (THIS CONCEPT COMES FROM JEHOVAH WITNESSES AND OTHER RELIGIONS)
2. WE TRY TO BE SUPER HOLY AND WHEN WE FALL SHORT OR GET AFFLICTED WE THINK THAT WE ARE LIVING IN SIN AND GOD IS CHASTISING US WITH THE SICKNESS AND WE MUST FAST AND PRAY TO BE HEALED (THIS CONCEPT COMES FROM PENTACOSTALS/ CHARISMATICS). GOD DOES NOT CHASTISE US WITH SICKNESS WHEN WE DISOBEY OR FALL SHORT—THEN WHEN WE REPENT AND TURN TO HIM HE WILL HEAL US. (THAT’S AN OXY-MORON FROM A NEW TESTAMENT BIBLICAL PERSPECTIVE AND A MIXTURE OF OLD TESTAMENT JUDGMENTS).
3. WE TRY TO GAIN EVERY THING FROM GOD BY EARNING IT—INSTEAD OF RIGHTLY BELIEVING FOR IT. WE SAY, IF WE ARE GOOD ENOUGH--THEN MAYBE GOD WILL HAVE MERCY AND HEAL US. (THIS CONCEPT COMES FROM BELIEVERS WHO MIX THE OLD TESTAMENT PENALTIES OF JUDGEMENT WITHOUT CONSIDERING THE NEW TESTAMENT TRUTH. AND THEY DON’T KNOW THE TRUTH OF THE DIVINE EXCHANGE—IT’S BY FAITH WE BELIEVE UNTO RIGHTEOUSNESS [ROMANS 10:9-10/ 2 CORINTHIANS 5:21 NKJV] IT’S BY FAITH IN THE TOPIC OF THE DIVINE EXCHANGE FOR HEALING THAT WE ENCOUNTER DIVINE HEALING). FAITH COMES BY HEARING AND HEARING BY THE WORD OF GOD ABOUT THE DIVINE EXCHANGE FOR HEALING.
4. WE CANNOT MIX OLD TESTAMENT CONSEQUENCES OF JUDGMENT WHEN WE MISS IT, WITH NEW TESTAMENT MERCY AND GRACE WE CAN OBTAIN FOR DIVINE HEALING (HEBREWS 4:13-16 NKJV). WE ARE INSTRUCTED BY PAUL ON HOW TO SEEK GOD FOR MERCY AND GRACE TO RISE ABOVE OUR FAULTS AND FAILURE’S AND BE RESTORED.
5. WHAT ABOUT PAUL’S THORN IN THE FLESH? PAUL EXPLAINED THAT HE PRAYED FOR GOD’S GRACE TO BE DELIVERED. SECONDLY, IT WASN’T GOD WHO AFFLICTED HIM--IT WAS A MESSNGER OF SATAN. WE MUST RIGHTLY INTERPRET SCRIPTURE WITH SCRITURE. GOD SAID PAUL HAD ENOUGH GRACE TO OVERCOME THE HARASSMENT OF THE ENEMY. IT WAS AN ANNOYING PERSON AFFLICTING PAUL WHO WAS BEING INFLUENCED BY SATAN. NOT A DISEASE OR AN EYE SICKNESS.
6. THE OTHER MISCONCEPTION IS THAT WE PLACE OUR FAITH IN A MAN OF GOD TO HEAL US INSTEAD JESUS. YOU SEE, GOD ANOINTS PEOPLE TO ADMINISTER HEALING TO THOSE WHO ARE AFFLICTED. HOWEVER, WE MUST BE CAREFUL TO HEAR WHAT THE MAN OF GOD IS PREACHING AND IF HIS TEACHING IS CORRECT ABOUT JESUS WHO IS THE HEALER—WE MUST PLACE OUR FAITH IN JESUS WHO PROVIDED US WITH HEALING. AND THE MAN OF GOD IS JUST A SERVANT WHO WILL HELP US RECEIVE OUR ANSWER FOR PRAYER TO BE HEALED.
7. WE MUST BELIEVE THAT JESUS RECEIVED 40 STRIPES ON HIS BACK TO PROVIDE US WITH DIVINE HEALING—THIS IS THE DIVINE EXCHANGE. (ISAIAH 53:4-5 NKJV)
8. JESUS TOOK OUR INFIRMITIES AND BORNE OUR SICKNESSES (MATTHEW 8:17 NKJV)
We must believe this Biblical Truth right here—right now to experience Divine Healing. Jesus took our infirmities and borne our sicknesses. Say it over and over until it clicks. Until you capture a Supernatural revelation of this TRUTH. The more we proclaim this TRUTH the more it will become a spiritual reality in our lives. This is where we must place our FAITH and BELIEF. This is the foundational TRUTH we must base our FAITH in. Pray Father, in Jesus’ name we ask that YOU open our spiritual eyes to see and receive this Biblical TRUTH. It pleased YOU Father to allowed Jesus to receive 40 stripes for our PHYSICAL HEALING (Isaiah 53:10 NKJV). Grant us revelation to be impacted with this TRUTH and be inspired to experience it. We thank YOU Heavenly Father for providing HEALING for us through JESUS CHRIST. And we trust and believe YOU will manifest YOUR MERCY and GRACE and HEAL US from our afflictions in JESUS’ Holy Name, Glory Halelujah.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR BELOW
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Reader Count & Comments
This article has been read
Read more articles by
or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)
Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
FaithWriters offers Christian reading material for Christian readers. We offer Christian articles, Christian fiction, Christian non-fiction, Christian Bible studies, Christian poems, Christian articles for sale, free use Christian articles, Christian living articles, New Covenant Christian Bible Studies, Christian magazine articles and new Christian articles. We write for Jesus about God, the Bible, salvation, prayer and the word of God.
Link To Us
Become A Member