Return to Content
Read Our Devotional
Opportunities to be Published
The Home for Christian Writers! Matthew 6:33
ENCOURAGE AUTHOR BY COMMENTING
Add to Favorites
Mathematics of an awesome relationship
Author requests article critique
Many times we hear "I love him" or "I love her", "I can't let him go" "I have such a wonderful feeling for him/her" only to find out weeks, months or a few years later that the "once beautiful" thing they shared is no more there!
A beautiful relationship is more than having some "chemistry" or feelings for a man or woman. Feelings go away and can many times be deceptive. It is just a hunger that needs to be satisfied. A beautiful relationship is also more than having a clean, intelligent and beautifully shapped woman or well shaved, handsome, rich guy.
A beautiful relationship is not:
• Just a feeling
• Great sex
• Having a millionaire man or a beautiful/celebrity lady
• Colonizing a woman into submission
• Badmouthing your man
• Marrying a christian
• Keeping malice with your spouse
• Achieved by fasting or prayer
There are proven God-given principles that will give a beautiful relationship anyday, anytime - GUARANTEED!.
A beautiful relationship means:
• Having peace with the one you love
• A two-way lifetime commitment between two people
• An unending romance with the one you have chosen to love regardless of what happens.
Some people dread going into a relationship because of what they've seen, heard or experienced. They think it's very complex and cannot work! Some people have fasted, prayed and some have even given up!!
In mathematics, 1+2=3, 2.5+.5=3, 0+3=3 1.5+1.5=3, 100-97=3, 1*3=3 etc. Just as it is in maths so also it is in life. You need the right variables or combinations to get your desired answer. 1+4 will never be equalled to 3 no matter how hard you try! So it is for your relationship. If you have the wrong combinations, there will be no peace. It will not work except you apply God- given formulas.
A wise woman + An understanding man = A lasting relationship
We've discussed the right hand side of the equation. Now let's look at left side.
1. A wise woman
2. An understanding man
A wise woman: Proverbs 14:1 says "A wise woman builds her own home but a foolish woman pulls it down with her hands". You can't build your relationship by the feminist theories or women liberation movements. That's not God's wisdom! A wise woman uses God's wisdom; else you're a foolish woman. Many women blame their husbands saying "he doesn't love me", "he's stingy", "He's not considerate", "He's not funny and doesn't play with me"...the list is endless. But the creator of the relationship (God) says "for you to get at your man's heart, you need wisdom". To build that home, to enjoy peace in that relationship you need peace.
The first step here is to watch your association. Associate with those who have great relationships. Your association shows your destnation. Don't sit around and talk with people who run down their husbands or fiance. Don't go sitting around with those who are bitter with their man or ex-man beacause they were foolish or are by-products of divorce, separation. Here are some of the things every wise woman should do in building her home/husband. They will give you a headstart.
• Be a friend of Jesus
• Pray for the love of your life (Very important)
• Know your man
• Obey him - feminist theories are against this but I tell they can't give you peace
• Study and understand your man's weaknesses plus cover up for him.
• Verbalise Praise to him
• Look your best even if you don't have too much
• Be humble no matter your achievements
• Be prudent with his and your money
• Give up arguments
• Extended family comes next - your relationship first
• Give food and sex (only for the married) as occassion demands
• Lavish love on him selflessly and endlessly
• Make him feel like a king/make him feel like he owns you (every man likes this)
If you start up with this, you'll experience a great change in your relationship.
2. An understanding man: I Peter 3:7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.
Many Christian men quote "wives obey your husband in all things" or "wives be submissive to your own husbands" - thereby forcefully collonizing their wives into submission! I am not a fan of women liberation neither am I for opression in a relationships. Scriptures says "Submit yourselves to one another in the fear of God" Eph 5:21. The man as well as the woman need to submit to themselves.
You need to understand your woman as a weaker vessel. Let's put it this way. She's got a label on her that reads "FRAGILE: HANDLE WITH CARE". She may look strong to you but she always needs a shoulder she can lean on. She needs to know that my man though he's leading me is also supporting me.
Here are a few things an understanding man will do:
• Make Jesus your friend and adviser
• Pray for your woman
• Understand her needs - there's no leader without a follower
• Love her endlessly
• Ask for her opinions on issues - it shows she's valued
• Help with the house chores
• Give her a bedroom name - jewel, princess, honey, stainless, priceless etc
• When she runs her mouth, pretend u never heard - a leader does not respond to every accusation
• Ask yourself "what does she really want and why"
• Put yourself in her shoes
• Even when she's hurt you, let it pass
• Spend time with her
• Tell her she's beautiful and you have her back
• Buy her gifts
• Touch her/cuddle
• Show her you respect her
Like I usually say, it may be hard, it may be tough, but it's worth a try. I pray in the name of Jesus that your relationship will be a model for others to follow in the name of Jesus.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR BELOW
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Reader Count & Comments
18 Mar 2011
Congratulations! This has been chosen to be highlighted on the Message Boards in the Cheering Section. You can see it by clicking here:
FaithWriters Jewel Chest
16 Mar 2011
This is a very good teaching and sound Biblically. Thanks for sharing.
This article has been read
Read more articles by
or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)
Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
FaithWriters offers Christian reading material for Christian readers. We offer Christian articles, Christian fiction, Christian non-fiction, Christian Bible studies, Christian poems, Christian articles for sale, free use Christian articles, Christian living articles, New Covenant Christian Bible Studies, Christian magazine articles and new Christian articles. We write for Jesus about God, the Bible, salvation, prayer and the word of God.
Link To Us
Become A Member