Return to Content
Read Our Devotional
Opportunities to be Published
The Home for Christian Writers! Matthew 6:33
ENCOURAGE AUTHOR BY COMMENTING
Add to Favorites
A Mother's Wish List
Free to Share
Author requests article critique
The New Year is a time to fanaticize, dream, and wish, even if you know that’s what you’re doing. I am the father of five grown children who have their own families, and between their mother and three of my four daughters who are mothers, I’ve learned to appreciate and admire motherhood. It takes a special person to carry the title of mother. Based on watching them in action, here is wish list for them. The list is versatile, and any mother can add or subtract as she wants.
• Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches that have the daily required nutritional values a child needs. This of course includes the nutritional element that allows them to play without screaming and yelling, put away their toys, and look forward to taking a nap long enough for Mom to get a few moments rest and relaxation.
• The ability for Mom to find a time when she can tie up the bathroom long enough to take a relaxing bath, and not have someone knocking on the door that the other bathroom is in use, and they have to go so bad they can’t hold it any longer.
• A day that the kids realize they are siblings, and need to learn to get along with each other, and do.
• That someone would invent food that self-destructs when taken out of the kitchen.
• A way to program kids to say “You bet, Mom, I would love to do that,” and as an added attraction ask if any clothes need folded.
• A car with seat belts that really restricts a kid’s movement, so they can’t turn far enough to respond to a perceived wrong someone did to them. With them restricted, it would be nice to have a soundproof window that lowers behind the front seats, and shuts out the noise of them complaining about the restrictive seat belts.
• A body that would not get squatty with age, no matter what Mom does or doesn’t do, or at least slow the process.
• On the subject of bodies, one that didn’t ache would be nice, or a pill that has the same effect as a night of uninterrupted sleep.
• A husband that will sometimes miss Monday Night Football and offer to clean up the kitchen after dinner, and occasionally say to his wife and mother of his children, “I appreciate what you do.”
• A fairy god mother with a magic wand to make the above come true.
Remember mothers, it doesn’t hurt to dream, and with modern technology, who knows.
AchieveMax Blog: A Tribute to Mothers at Christmas: live.com
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR BELOW
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Reader Count & Comments
07 Jan 2011
Congratulations! This has been chosen to be highlighted on the Message Boards in the Cheering Section. You can see it by clicking here:
FaithWriters Jewel Chest
01 Jan 2011
hehe - what a fun piece. I'd take any of these :) Thanks!
This article has been read
Read more articles by
or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)
Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
FaithWriters offers Christian reading material for Christian readers. We offer Christian articles, Christian fiction, Christian non-fiction, Christian Bible studies, Christian poems, Christian articles for sale, free use Christian articles, Christian living articles, New Covenant Christian Bible Studies, Christian magazine articles and new Christian articles. We write for Jesus about God, the Bible, salvation, prayer and the word of God.
Link To Us
Become A Member