Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

wheelygirl58
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by wheelygirl58 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:33 pm

Hi eveyone! I've noticed there are a few of us (make that a lot of us) going through a lot 'ca-ca'--I think, because we're obeying our Lord, and not satan, he's doing his best to mess us up, putting blocks in our path. Any thoughts on this?
I'm having a great difficulty in getting any work done with my story. This is making me nuts! :o
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28 This is,another of my life verses!!

Shann

Post by Shann » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:20 pm

A few years ago, I would have thought it a exaggeration, but I feel quite differently after some clear attacks. I know God is providing me love notes at just the right time. It's great knowing he is on my side.

He worked through Becky tonight. She texted me at just the right time and really lifted me up. God is cool and good about doing those things. I wonder how many of his love notes I miss. I bet there's a lot just because I'm being stubborn or too self-absorbed, yet he keeps sending them. :bow
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

RachelM
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by RachelM » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:37 am

jaybird wrote:Thanks for dropping by Becky, Leah, and Rachel. Rachel I miss your blogs.

My CT scan with contrast went smoothly. I can't believe the nurse got a vein on first poke for the IV! Praise God!
My blog, jaybird? I'm just not sure how many other Rachel's there are under the board names. :D I'm unsure what to do with my blog since I think I should change it up a bit and make it more of an author's blog. I've been using all my writing time to work on my book.

I can also relate to the joy of them finding a vein on the first poke! I've had lab staff say to me, "Oh no, not you." Lol! I now bundle up, drink something warm, and put a hot water bottle on my arm--and no more trouble!

Nice to see you on here again, wheelygirl! Yes, so much going on right now. It looks like I have an infection in my gum where they removed my wisdom tooth a couple months ago. Today is Remembrance Day, so nothing's open. I'll try and get it dealt with tomorrow. It's been about a week of unrelenting pain. Ugh.

Shann, praying you'll be better soon!
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by Rebecky » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:46 pm

Shann wrote:A few years ago, I would have thought it a exaggeration, but I feel quite differently after some clear attacks. I know God is providing me love notes at just the right time. It's great knowing he is on my side.

He worked through Becky tonight. She texted me at just the right time and really lifted me up. God is cool and good about doing those things. I wonder how many of his love notes I miss. I bet there's a lot just because I'm being stubborn or too self-absorbed, yet he keeps sending them. :bow
I'm glad I helped and I meant every word!
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:28 pm

Hi. :mrgreen:

Oops, wrong thread.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

RachelM
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by RachelM » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:50 pm

Hi :D

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:54 pm

RachelM wrote:Hi :D
Unless you have a twin, Rachel http://cherishingthemoment.net/2015/11/11/we-remember/
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:58 pm

My birthday began a day earlier with my long time penpal, Brett and his wife from Canada came to celebrate. He's a long-haul trucker and visited me once. I haven't met his wife - it was fun visiting. They got me a pillow which says Canada and something else, plus a furry hat, and audiobooks.

​My mom decorated with Happy Birthday banners. The big party was the next day- First 2 former nurses and 1 current.. Mom wanted to play Pin the tail on the donkey - so we did.. Music, conversation, food, and fun. Mom served 7-layer Mexican dip, crab pizza, humas, veg/fruit tray. A few church friends and another former nurse came. And finally Holly, my sister and husband Josh came. They brought me a huge 40th bday balloon; they got me Chewy and Yoda bobble heads, Star Wars shirts, and Jurassic World DVD (it was pretty good but not as good as the first 1). Mom got a Kindle Fire.

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:43 pm

The Gospel message of salvation is hidden in the meaning of the 10 names leading from Adam to Noah.

Adam...means, man
Seth .... means, Appointed
Enosh ..means, Mortal
Kenan ...means, Sorrow
Mahalalel... means, The Blessed God
Jared ...means, Shall come down
Enoch ...means,Teaching
Methuselah... means, His death shall bring
Lamech ...means, The Despairing
Noah ...means, Rest, or comfort.

The Gospel
Man is appointed mortal sorrow; but the Blessed God shall come down teaching that His death shall bring the despairing rest.

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:32 pm

Jay.. sounds like you had a good B-day then. Star Wars is definately you. :lol:

And speaking of B-days, my little Monkey turned 4 today. I thought it was funny, I stopped by to see them and Slug, the older sister, would not let me out of her sight. The little one was too hiped up to even notice I was there passed the first few minutes of greeting, then... she would have had to litterally fight passed her sister to even get a hug. You could definately tell she hadn't seen me in a while. :mrgreen:

It was a short visit, just enough to make me miss them even more. :(

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:03 am

Sounds like a nice birthday Jay and a nice visit Pup. I know what you mean by missing them.

I can't believe how much Payton can change between visits. It had been about 3 plus weeks and she can pretty much sit with minimal support. She also is starting to get separation anxiety. She definitely gives better smiles with Mommy nearby. When I said Mommy, she spun right around and looked at M. I love watching kids learn. They absorb so much those first 3 or 4 years. It's pretty amazing. Imagine if we kept learning g that much...

I'm not sure if any of you saw a new group that's trying to form. It's called an accountability group, although I'm not sure that's the best name. Basically, it's to focus praying for one another, setting goals, and then encouraging each other to meet those goals. I think we also can share our writings and get feedback, but that's not the main focus. Plus it doesn't matter if your goal is to enter the challenge, work on your book, or even just journal. I thought some of you might especially enjoy it. I'd love to see some more guys. What say you Pup, Jay, and Rich (if you're out there still)?
I thought of you too Rachel. Becky, I know you aren't writing as often, but you're great at encouraging. I bet you'd be great and maybe it would encourage you to write more, even if it's just a tiny bit each week.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

RachelM
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by RachelM » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:56 am

jaybird wrote:
RachelM wrote:Hi :D
Unless you have a twin, Rachel http://cherishingthemoment.net/2015/11/11/we-remember/
Nope, that's me. :D Just didn't want to go, "Hey, thanks!" and then find out you were talking to someone else, 'cause. . . I've done that before, and it's embarrassing. :oops:

Glad you had such a great birthday!

Pup, I think it's pretty special those girls have you in their life . . . and vice versa.

Shann, that group does sound pretty cool. I should check that out. Going to try getting 1,000 words written in my book tonight first, though.

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:12 pm

Yeah.... I love the little monsters. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:49 am

Happy Thanksgiving to my dearest friends. I love you all so much, and each one of you has touched my heart or pulled me up when I was stumbling in the dark. You, my friends, are in my prayers today and everyday. I'm especially thanking God for bringing you into my life. :D :thankssign
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:23 pm

Love you too Shann. :hugs2

JesusPuppy Profile

Return to “The Water Cooler”