Can I Brag?

These lessons, by one of our most consistent FaithWriters' Challenge Champions, should not be missed. So we're making a permanent home for them here.

Moderators: mikeedwards, RedBaron, glorybee, mikeedwards, RedBaron, glorybee, mikeedwards, RedBaron, glorybee

Cinnamon Bear
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)

Can I Brag?

Post by Cinnamon Bear »

I know there is a cheering section on the forums, but I don't know anybody there.

Today, the spring issue of Mused Literary Review, a quarterly magazine, was posted. Here is the link to my poem:

http://www.bellaonline.com/review/issue ... /p018.html

The editors of Mused discourage rhymed poetry submissions, because they believe that it is almost impossible to meet their standards. I decided to submit a rhymed poem anyway. :D

I truly believe that Jan's lessons, not only on poetry, but also her commitment to excellence and attention to detail, made it possible for me to get this poem published.

I would also like to thank my Challenge buddies and friends, Koos (JK) Stenger, Milly Born, Kat Kane, Rachel Barrett, and Kon Michailidis for their constructive criticisms.

Mused also publishes free verse, short fiction, nonfiction, art, photography, and an occasional play.

Cinnamon Bear
Laurie
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Re: Can I Brag?

Post by Laurie »

Congratulations! :clap Having something published is so much fun. :)
glorybee

Post by glorybee »

It's beautiful, Virginia! Congratulations!
Jan Ackerson -- Follow me, friend me, give me a wave!
http://www.superioreditingservice.com
Twitter: @janackerson1
Instagram: janackerson
Facebook: Jan Worgul Ackerson, Superior Editing Service, Jan Ackerson, writer
rcthebanditqueen
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by rcthebanditqueen »

Wheeeeeeeeeee!! How thrilling for you, Virginia! Congratulations!! *happy dance*
TracePezzali
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by TracePezzali »

Hi Virginia

What a beautiful haunting piece, flawlessly executed - they'd have been foolish not to include this evocative poem that captures bygone days and our grief over their loss. How sterile our environments seem now. My emotions were definitely impacted by this piece. You've done an exceptional job. Well done.
Trace Pezzali

"It is written: 'I believed; therefore I have spoken.' With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak... so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God." 2 Cor 4:13-15

Return to “Jan's Writing Basics”