Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

deejay
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by deejay » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:29 pm

AnneRene, I believe you are referring to tonguethaied. I miss several people, especially Cori. I know she stopped being a surrogate, but is still in charge of her own surrogate service.

RachelM
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by RachelM » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:13 am

Rebecky wrote: So I have BIG news! My Best friend got engaged last weekend! She asked me to be her Maid of Honor and her sister is going to be her Matron of Honor.
That's awesome that you will be the Maid of Honor for your best friend!!!
I'm sorry things have been so tough lately, though.

Wheelygirl, these folks keep me laughing too! :D
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:43 am

:sofa
Dum Spiro Spero

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:17 pm

Rebecky wrote::sofa
what ya doing hiding behind that couch ya little munchkin?

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:43 pm

deejay wrote:AnneRene, I believe you are referring to tonguethaied. I miss several people, especially Cori. I know she stopped being a surrogate, but is still in charge of her own surrogate service.
thanks deejay. do u remember her real name? me thinks it was Kara, Kiara? something like that...I bet shannikins remembers. and pup...u must really be hating life right now with your boss (with braces) Image :heehee as u aint checked in as I think u said u r on almost every day? what days do u have off now?

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:49 pm

OK...I cracked me own self up on that one!

k, over & out for tonight.

RachelM
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by RachelM » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:54 am

I love the pictures that you post, AnneRene! Your posts always make me smile. :D
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

b24bomb
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by b24bomb » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:00 am

AnneRene' wrote:
deejay wrote:AnneRene, I believe you are referring to tonguethaied. I miss several people, especially Cori. I know she stopped being a surrogate, but is still in charge of her own surrogate service.
thanks deejay. do u remember her real name? me thinks it was Kara, Kiara? something like that...I bet shannikins remembers. and pup...
Yup, her name is Kara. :D

Lauren Bombardier

I always thought I was strange until I discovered FW. Now I know its just cause I'm a writer. ~ Julie Ruspoli

"Why do books have to have so many pictures? It's annoying!" ~ Sierra, age 9

b24bomb
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by b24bomb » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:13 am

So I went to critique group tonight for the first time in a loooong time. I took my little sister (the one in my quotes at the bottom - she's now 16 years old! :D ) who is writing her first book series, and she got some excellent feedback. The group is led by a man who was essentially my first writing mentor, and I have a lot of respect for him. He's also a somewhat well-known author, so my respect doubles because he knows what he's talking about. Anyway, I'm excited to get started on my book, but I feel just a little intimidated about the whole process. *sigh* It's been a long time and I am so out of practice...lol.

Lauren Bombardier

I always thought I was strange until I discovered FW. Now I know its just cause I'm a writer. ~ Julie Ruspoli

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:26 am

Bomber, you will do fine just keep at it slowly until inspired fully.

And, a note in response to sister's quote.... Pictures are for those people with limited imagination. That way they can see what the words are telling them about... without having to use their brains to imagine it. It was the same people that started the whole gossip magazine thing. :roll:

Not to be coupled with "Weekly World News" of course, which is a very informative news paper. :wink:
AnneRene' wrote:do u remember her real name? me thinks it was Kara?
And it still is her name. :tongue
what days do u have off now?
Umm.. All of them. :roll: The manager messed up big, and I just couldn't take it any more.

In his infinite play to SEEM like he knew what he was doing... the MAN signed our store up for ten operatives, like a total reset of the store, plus consigning a full 50% of the place to NEW organics. (We already have a good 50-50 mix which will be set to Overstock and piled up in the back-room.)

SO... The store is undergoing a remodel-reset. They take ALL the product and change the shelves around, some even to the opposite end of the store. The company hired a crew to do all the reset, but our MANager doesn't think they are getting it done fast enough and offers to help.

HOW???? By having the day shift employees, who have never done resets, put all the new product out. Lucky for him they caught him before he was able to get more than the one pallet of stock out. They kept placing things in the wrong spot according to the company's schematic floor plan.

So what does he do then to make up for his mistake..? Schedules freight crew to straighten it by working two DAYS a week (as in day time, not the night shift we normally work). One of the DAYS I was marked for was a normal day off, the one I do work for the landlord. AND he wanted me to paint the backs of the shelves for a new wine section that will be moved AGAIN in another two weeks.... :shock:

Taking me a week off then going back to remodels. The landlord was wanting to get a property management thing going in this area..... :roll:

Full time maintenance, painting and repair, mostly just lawn care. I could handle that. I just couldn't take any more of that place, it was killing me. Too much stress to me ole goat body, and way too much for my brain. :(
Last edited by JesusPuppy on Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:06 am

AnneRene' wrote:CYPBER-MONKEYS....thaaaat's why mes hasn't been around for so long but they swore me to secrecy and threatened to take others if I said anything.
That wasn't cyber-monkeys that was the aliens hiding in your neighbors basement. :tongue
Allison wrote:
Shann wrote:I knew I was forgetting someone important. :sorry
*snickers* Hehe It seems like when I post things about being "back" or "here," you seem to think it's because you've "forgotten" me and I'm NEVER thinking about you not mentioning me. I promise.
*snickers even more* Yeah, Shortstuff is probably busy getting ready for Christmas.... she normally starts in August. :wink:

JesusPuppy Profile

Allison
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Allison » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:31 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:
AnneRene' wrote:CYPBER-MONKEYS....thaaaat's why mes hasn't been around for so long but they swore me to secrecy and threatened to take others if I said anything.
That wasn't cyber-monkeys that was the aliens hiding in your neighbors basement. :tongue
Allison wrote:
Shann wrote:I knew I was forgetting someone important. :sorry
*snickers* Hehe It seems like when I post things about being "back" or "here," you seem to think it's because you've "forgotten" me and I'm NEVER thinking about you not mentioning me. I promise.
*snickers even more* Yeah, Shortstuff is probably busy getting ready for Christmas.... she normally starts in August. :wink:
Hehe Nope. No big Christmas musical at church this year.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

b24bomb
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by b24bomb » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:25 am

JesusPuppy wrote:Bomber, you will do fine just keep at it slowly until inspired fully.
Oh, Pup. You better be careful. You are perilously close to being called sweet!

Seriously, thank you for your encouragement. :)

Lauren Bombardier

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:33 am

SWEET???

That's it, I take it all back. :wink:
Hehe Nope. No big Christmas musical at church this year.

What, no Christmas special? You must be bummed. :sorry

JesusPuppy Profile

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:48 am

Hi guys!

Wren....thank you for settling that for me with Kara...been thinking about her and wondering if she is still in Thailand. Anyone know?

And Miss Rachel...thank you for your kind words....I adore laughter...outside of Jesus...it truly is our best medicine to keep our bones from becoming brittle (my words)...Proverbs 17:22.

As for you pupperoni...my heart goes out to you. Been there more times than I care to admit. I believe those incidents took a few years off my life and your right on....it just isn't worth it! I've thought about the possibility of becoming a resident manager or cleaning crew. I haaaate sitting so like to be moving around. I'm glad you have an opportunity like that.

Btw...I was torn between the raccoon and these kittys greeting y'all this morning, so here's both.

I have 4 feral kittens right now, had 8. looking for homes for 2 more. 2 of them will never adjust to another person so gonna keep the 2. Anyway, I was feeding the mother this summer and she brought them to me during the hot spells. I'm working with an organization called fluff buddies to place them.

gotta go feed them and off to work for now. Have a blessed day peeps.

Return to “The Water Cooler”