Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Sparrow

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by Sparrow » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:36 am

AnneRene' wrote:AND Beakers....I'm guessing...it's the getting your license thingy? If you didn't pass....
Oooo, I'll bet you're right, Holly. That must be incredibly frustrating, Becky. Hugs.

My nose is still running a lot but I'm feeling a little less stuffed up. Pup, sorry for giving it to you. You should have worn a mask while on this thread. :roll:

I went over to my friend Holly's house tonight. We were planning to chat and pray a little and then do some writing, but not surprisingly we never got to the writing part. But she's going through some tough things right now so it was good to just talk it through and pray together.

Then I wrote late tonight and got 2,000 words in so I only have 900 to write tomorrow. I forgot to update NaNo before midnight, though, so it's showing today's words on tomorrow's graph. :( I feel silly being so obsessed with my graph, but I am. :P

One lady in my town, Amanda Morris, isn't a writer but participates in NaNo by drawing pictures of people's characters. I got one done of Renee, the little neglected girl in my story. I'll attach it to this post. It's pretty cool. 8)
Attachments
ReneeInk smaller.jpg
Illustration by Amanda Morris
ReneeInk smaller.jpg (25.23 KiB) Viewed 3226 times
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

AnneRene'
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by AnneRene' » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:34 am

Iam4Him wrote:I have no energy or ? to write, but praise God for all of you. Can't see thru my tears.

Image I wish you lived close so I could give you a warm embrace that would carry you through this rough patch sweetie.

Hey Stellar-Fellar...loved your family Christmas traditions, especially the lottery tickets! :D Also, love the ham & cheese omelet with cinnamon toast...sounds like a great combination. Thanks for making me feel better about starting early. Usually, my daughter and I also started the Christmas decorating the day after Thanksgiving but this year she wasn't around. :( BUT...we are planning to decorate her place together with eggnog, Christmas music and giving each other our special yearly ornamet. BTW...my heart broke for Bobby. I went to his site but looks like he hasn't posted since 2009? Do you still have contact with him?

Amykins....I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the sketch of Renee! Totally how I would picture her.

K guys....off to work....luv, hugs and prayers.

Isn't he cuuuuuuuuuuuute?

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:06 pm

If you say so. :roll:

11 more to go. :?
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Post by Shann » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:49 pm

Pup you must have gotten me sick! About 10 min into Bible Study my head started pounding and I couldn't see anything. I had to call Chris and Lyd to come get me. I've spent much of the day curled up into a ball or puking :(

Hugs to ya all
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

kahoosbt
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by kahoosbt » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:01 pm

Awww... sorry you are sick, Pup and Shann. I've got my mask on as I read the posts, and will disinfect my hands and keyboard when I'm done.

I DON'T want what either of you have! :mrgreen:

Seriously, though, I haven't posted much lately again, but do pop in to read. I'm praying for each of you, and for Becky, and also for your pastor, Seema. And for Perky. (It was great to see you post again!)

Hope I didn't miss any specific requests.

Love you all! :grouphug3

Shelley

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:01 am

We did it! :superhappy Kara, Shelley, and I all won NaNo! I'm not sure if Tiara did or not. Kara and I were both behind and caught up at the last moment. It was sure tough this year! My novel is in shambles but hopefully I'll be able to use a fair amount of it.

Oh and I wanted to say to Patty... if you scroll back not far, you'll see a venting post from almost every single one of us at some time. That's what we are here for--to support and help each other through that stuff and we can't do that if we don't know about it. (((hugs)))
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:46 am

Hey! I love all this talk of our cyber familia, combined with all the lovely Christmas pictures! Nano really took it out of me this week trying to catch up but I am glad I did it. Life has just been busy busy, and I am sad I haven't been on much.

Shann your prayers were so encouraging! Also hoping all of you who are sick get well soon. I will have to catch up more later. Aiden is getting anxious for my attention and we are going to put up the tree tonight!!

Pizza and wine while listening to Michael Buble's Christmas album :D
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:38 am

Congratulations to the naners.. I mean NaNos. :heehee

Well... ( I know Jay, deep subject... anyway..) I am thinking of taking me days off in CoosBay, hang out at the coffee shop, maybe do some shopping, I was looking into getting a new external hard drive for storage. I might even take in a movie. But I haven't quite decided yet.

I am feeling a lot better, sorry Shann, but if a headache was involved it wasn't my bug you got. The urping maybe, but no headaches.

It was a reeeeeally small load tonight and we are almost done with it already. We decided to take lunch and think up things to do til 7. Though I could use the hours, I could also use the nap. :roll:

Decision.. decisions..... :?

JesusPuppy Profile

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:41 am

Hi guys! I have state licensing at one of my group homes so working looong hours. Should be completed today.
Here is a link to my Christmas traditions meme: :christmas2

http://msbarbiesblog.blogspot.com/
Barb Culler

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:15 pm

Tim Congratulations on your EC! Happy Dance (except I'm still feeling yucky so it's only in my head)

http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=41166
:superhappy :superhappy :clap :clap :party :party :rockon :rockon :superhappy :party :party
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

kahoosbt
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by kahoosbt » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:46 pm

Congrats, Tim! :coolsign

I shouldn't have taken the time to read it (not that I don't want to read the challenge entries, but I'm SO far behind on everything after our vacation and then NaNo), but I did read yours from the link Shann posted and I love it!

Shelley

srashmi

Post by srashmi » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:04 pm

Congrats, Tim! :superhappy :clap :thumbs :coolsign

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:02 pm

Awesome Tim!

Really enjoyed reading that :D
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:34 pm

Thanks everyone 8) It was a very nice surprise to see the list today :D

Praying that everyone is doing well, or at least better. I've been a bit busy lately, but that seems to be the normal rather than the exception lately :(

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:29 pm

Way to go Tim. Although I figured it out waaaaay before the end. :wink:

Breakfast in CoosBay. Too bad the bus don't run on weekends, I might stay another day. But $4 for the bus home, $35 for a cab tomorrow..... I go home early. :roll:

Did find me a new 1.5TB external hard drive at Staples. all me movies and the "Who" files fit nicely with extra room for new stuff. I can use the old one for me music library and almost hold all me tunes... maybe I should cut back on the music some. Anyway, it should save time adding things back to the comp later.

Off for the Kaffe101 for some GOOD coffee before the ride home. Shelley may think otherwise, but the Coosbay KozyKitchen's coffee leaves much to be desired

JesusPuppy Profile

Return to “The Water Cooler”