Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Shann

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by Shann » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:05 am

Oh darlin' Patty. I love you so much and I'm sorry you are hurting. I wish I had thought to call you on Thursday. We had dinner at M's fiance's parents house in Cuba. I would have invited you but Iknow it's too far. On Dec. 10, we are meeting one of her bridesmaids in Erie PA. Her friend lives in Pittsburgh. How far are you from Erie? I'd love to meet you forlunch. Don't you dare get down on yourself. Your have A bunch of people right here that love youand consider your family.

My minister tells A sermon that kind of goes like this. What would you think if Jesus told you that your purpose in life were to smile at the clerk at the store?

My first reaction was "Well that would just prove God doesn't think I'm capable of much." Other people in church had similar response anger, disappointment, fear etc. But then he goes on to say that things were going bad for her. She was planning on killing herself after work because she found out she was pregnant and her boyfriend dumped her and her parents kicked her out. She prayed that God would send her a sign.

Then you come along and smile warmly at her. So becauseof that smile she decides to save herself thus savingher unborn baby. That baby grows up to be the next Billy Graham and leads millions to Christ. How do you feel about that purpose now? Even if you had accomplish many great things likewinning the Noble Prize or been a firefighter who savedcountless lives. That all pales in comparison tothat smile.

You all have built me up time and time again. We loveeach other dearlya nd we are here for those difficult times.You smile at me every time I read your stories or whenyou encourage me and when you donated to Lyd'smission trip even though things are tight for you. As my momma said, "Keep your chin up and your eyes on the Lord!"

Seema sending you hugs and love. You are a joy andinspiration to me. I'm praying for you often.

Kara and Amy thanks so much for the encouragement. I really need it. Fear has almost paralyzed me these last few weeks. I've been hurting more and have needed to take more pain medicine. It's still nowhere near the amount I was taking but I've noticed I have that almost agoraphobia going on again. I stressed outabout going to Thanksgiving, my sister's, andgetting my Christmas shopping done. But I'm still kicking a little. I almost talked myself Out of going to Bible study Tues but God wanted me there. It was an awesome experience there were messages I needed and I shared my near death experienceand God used that to minister to others.

You never know when God will use you as an instrument of healing. :bow
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Post by Shann » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:06 am

PRAYER REQUESTS AND JOYS
Amy BThank you for being with Amy during the move. Please recharge her batteries so she won't feel so drained. Heal her body and help the cold go away quickly and surround her friends and family in a cold-proof bubble so they will remain as healthy as possible. Thank you for blessing Amy with confidence and optimism during the written exam she took. Thank you for the blessings the deaf will reap from her hard work and thank you for the joy Amy receives from helping others learn. Give her strength to do her jobs, help her to sleep well. Prepare her and her doctors for her upcoming sleep study. Open their eyes so that they might find a solution to her insomnia and her extreme fatigue and pain. Thank you for blessing me with a dear friend. Thank you for her kind, sweet caring nature

Barb- Thank you for allowing Barb to enjoy her nieces recently. Thank you for the wonderful role model that she is to the little ones. Thank you foes her kind heart and beautiful soul. Protect her from anyone who wants to hurt her or discourage her. Bless her at work and bless her co-workers. Open their eyes so they can see that Barb is a jewel, open their ears so they can hear her words of wisdom. Encourage her to use the talents ,writing, photography, prayer, and an empathetic nature. Thank you for giving us such a thoughtful encourager who cares deeply for us

Becky.- Give her the confidence she needs to pass her driver's test. Help her stay strong as she tries to figure out her place in the world. Grant her courage to overcome her fears. Remind her that you have wonderful plans for her and she is a wonderful asset to the world.Please heal her headaches,back and joint pain, Thank you for pointing her to out little group. Thank you for her family and friends. Thank you for blessing her with beauty, perseverance, and diligence. Thank you for all of the smiles she has given us Thank you for her sense of humor and the wonderful flavor that she adds to our group

Holly- Bless her and keep her safe as she goes out to work. Thank you for that big heart that is such a comfort to so many. Bless her with strength and courage to deal with the many changes in her life. Thank you for the founder and backbone of the rest stop and for her quirky humor and way of making us feel special. Thank you for the gentle way Holly guides us. Thank you for all of the smiles she gives us. Remind her that we miss her when she is not around.

Ivy - Thank you for the strength she showed when switching colleges. Thank you for her intelligence and gentle way of teaching those around her. Give her energy to get through the next few weeks. Allow her adequate rest as she prepares for college. Keep her safe while driving and help her overcome her fear and insecurities about driving.Thank you for her sweet disposition and her quiet but thoughtful ways She is truly a special creation of your love.Thank you for her many talents; help her to believe in herself. Thank you for her friendship and way of making me feel special. Thank you for bringing her special ways of seeing things into our lives.

Jay - Keep Jay healthy as the air gets cooler and protect him from all the illnesses out there. Thank you for his very special birthday and all of the joy he has given us in the last year. Thank you for the miracle you performed in his aunt. Bless him with continued inspiration as he reaches out to others through his blogs and his books. Continues to bless him with the desire to explore the world around him and to see things in that unique way that he does. Thank you for the way he encourages me and gives me strength. Thank you for the role model that he s to so many.. Thank you for his positive attitude, his interest in others and his loving ways.

Kara- Bless her with patience and knowledge as she approaches the last week of NaNo. Let her words be an inspiration to many. Grant us who miss not seeing her as often patience for we know she is writing to glorify you. Remind her of how her words inspire others and helps me to strive to become a better person.Bless her with health, happiness, and contentment. Help her keep up with a busy toddler as she teaches him to become a young gentleman.Thank you for keeping Kara and her family safe in the country where she is ministering to your children. Thank you for her unselfish heart.Thank you for her sparkly personality ,and the way she reaches out and comforts the hurting. Thank you for the joy she brings to me with every post and for reminding me by her actions and words that I have great days to look forword to.

Kate - Keep her and Ian healthy, Thank you for keeping her safe in her travels. Let her know how much we miss her. Nudge her to come back to us, allow us to share her exciting life and her gentle persuasion. Thank you for her enthusiasm and the wisdom she graciously shares with others.

Leonie- You know what is in her heart and mind Wrap your arms around her with love Give her the ability to hand all of her fears and worries over to you, Thank you for bringing her into our lives. Thank you for the great example she sets for me, for her hard work and perseverance for her gentle sense of humor and ability to find humor during difficult times. Thank you for her unselfish nature as she cares for her little one and her boys. She is a wonderful nurturer.

Patty- Thank you for the joys Patty has received this year. Thank you for her generosity. Thank you for her friendship. You know her needs and will always fulfill them. It may not be the answer we want to hear but we know that you know best. Bless her as she prepares for another winter. Give her wisdom, patience and strength as she tries to mend her relationships with her children.Thank you for the joy she brings with her storytelling and for herway of encouraging so many. Thank you for providing her a means to keep in contact with us. We miss her greatly when she is not here. Thank you for the things that give her comfort and hope and a desire to not give up. Thank you for her kind heart and the way she cares for others even when she is in turmoil herself.

Pup- Thank you for Pup. He is special to each one of us in so many ways. Thank you for keeping him and his new kitty friend safe during the storms in his area. Bless him as he enters this holiday time. Remind him he is never alone and that he is so loved by so many people. , Help him to sleep and get the needed rest. Keep him safe at work. Remind him that he is a special creation of yours and is purpose in life is great. Bless him with more good days than bad.Thank You for all Pup has taught and given us while asking little in return Thank your for the many ways he makes me smile and for his gentle encouragement and his deep heartfelt prayers and concerns for those he comes in contact with.

Shann, let her realize how dear to us she is, and how much she adds to our group. Let her never believe the lies Satan tries to tell her about herself. Touch her body and heal it, if it's God's will, Let her always feel God's loving presence and our prayers and love

Seema- Thank you for giving Seema the courage to write her Halloween story. Thank you for all those who will read it and be intrigued by her words.Continue to bless Seema as she continues through this year. Give her the strength she needs during these next few months. Allow her to express her fears, sadness and troubles. Guide her with her writing, bless her with wisdom and conviction as she inspires others with her words.Thank you for her sunny outlook, her love for kids and her quiet gentle way she watches over us and prays for us. Thank you for the positive role model she is in so many lives including mine. Thank you for all she gives to others in your name. Thank you for the inspiration she has given me.

Shelley - Bless her as she starts her journey as a grandma to these precious babies. Inspire her as her writing career takes a a new life. She is a truly empathetic soul. Thank you for theway she makes me feel safe with her constant presence and.true caring for others.Thank you for her calming spirit, and for the lovely way she makes us feel important and the gentle way she looks out for us

Tiara- Thank you for the Joy in our life. Thank you for the sparkle she gives this group.Help her as she pursues her GED and looks forward to exploring new people and places. Give her wisdom as she decides what to do with her life.Bless her and her family Thank you for her carefree spirit. Thank you for the way Tiara keeps me feeling young and vibrant . Let her realize that we need her in our little group. Remind her she is never alone. Guide her as she makes decisions about her life. Thank you for watching over her.

Tim- Thank you for getting him safely through surgery. Bless him with a rapid recovery. Thank you for his touching words in his latest challenge story. Bless all of those who could really relate to his MC. Bless him at home and as he prepares to return to work. Keep him safe in his journey. Help him to remain strong and healthy so that he will heal quickly.Thank you for his talents that he so willingly shares with the world. Bless all of the hearts he as touched.. Thank you for his quiet ways he shows his love and his gentle ways of getting me to laugh and look at myself in a positive way.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

BusBoss
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by BusBoss » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:00 pm

I am so glad that I didn't post yesterday :?

Not that I'm being anti-social or anything, but because either FW or my computer is going nuts and showed the last post as being from Wednesday :shock: I was going to post something about everyone being too busy eating to post. Today there's almost 2 pages of posts that weren't there.

Basically I was just popping in to say hi and that I'm praying for you all.

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

srashmi

Post by srashmi » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:08 pm

:birthday Leonie! :party :music2 :grouphug2

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:47 pm

Thank you, Shann, for all your prayers and encouraging words. God recognizes all the little things you do for His Kingdom.

I have written articles for my friend, Tim, the founder of DisabilityVoice, which talks about advocacy issues. He needs members to join and contribute to issues that are important to the disabled.
http://www.disabilityvoice.com/dvwp/
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:48 pm

This happened in the local parade (my nieces were actually in it) ...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-573 ... md-parade/
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Post by Shann » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:09 pm

Leonie, Hope you had a delightful day! :party :party :birthday :birthday :party :party
Shann

Shann's Profile

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:15 pm

I must be blind, I don't see a post from Leonie! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Dum Spiro Spero

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:12 pm

Happy Birthday Leonie :birthday :party

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:53 am

It just occurred to me ... It's way past midnight and nobody's awake to tell me to go to bed :-)

Maybe I could get away with jumping on the couch, too :wink: :lol:

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:13 am

Oh I see... I'm the one that"s invisible I get it now.
Dum Spiro Spero

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:34 am

Thank you for the sweet prayers, Shann! (((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))
Barb Culler

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:44 am

Rebecky wrote:Oh I see... I'm the one that"s invisible I get it now.
I. C. U. :tongue
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:25 pm

kahoosbt wrote:
JesusPuppy wrote: I might just go to Spain. Be my luck it would rain. :lol:
But you'd probably be okay as long as you stayed away from the plain! :wink: :roll: :mrgreen:

Shelley
Hahaha. :mrgreen:
I don't see a post from Leonie!
Becky, I think people probably saw on FaceBook that it was her birthday. I don't see any posts from her either but I'll say HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, LEONIE! anyway. :D

I'm still pretty stuffed up, but it's back to work tomorrow....
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

srashmi

Post by srashmi » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:10 pm

Please pray for my pastor. :cry:

Return to “The Water Cooler”