Paragraph format

Back to the basics with regular Challenge winner, Ann Grover. Weekly lessons to help you hone your basic writing skills.

Moderators: RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne

Fledgling Writer
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Paragraph format

Post by Fledgling Writer »

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I don't want to be presumptuous.

I'm writing a book which I intend to post in the FaithWriters ebook store. I'm doing some self-editing before I submit for a professional edit. I fouund myself moving the paragraphs at the end of the page to the next page when they straddle between pages.

The question: Is it okay for the paragraph to be "broken" between pages? This is a work of fiction.

I look forward to hearing from you and thank you in advance for your time.
"I think literature always emerges from things that have damaged someone, and there is a kind of literature where the authors don't choose their subject, but deal with one that is thrust upon them." - Herta Mueller (2009 Nobel Prize winner for literature)

Catch www.Apologetix.com for Christian music parodies. For example, Beach Boys "Fun, Fun, Fun" is "John 1:1"

Praise The Lord!
Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Post by Deb Porter »

Hi Fledgling. Let the break be natural (where it would normally occur). This is particularly important when formatting e-books, because if someone is reading it on an e-reader, then they won't necessarily see the pages as you would in a book. So if a paragraph moves onto a new page, let it flow over like that.

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Return to “Ann's Grammar Basics”