Have you heard of...

Discussion and links regarding potentially problematic publishers, agents, writing contests, etc.

Moderators: RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne

Tehillah
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Have you heard of...

Post by Tehillah »

ContentCurrent.com or Freelancer.com? Both sites promise a multitude of jobs with pay. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with either of these sites before I start writing for them. Content Current had me write a test essay before I could be accepted to join their ranks. After about a day I received an email stating that my test piece was accepted and I was free sign on for jobs. In the guidelines they state that they pay $5 for 200 word essays and $7 for 500 word essays. My aunt is a well known writer for Helium and she has never heard of this site before.

Freelancer.com is a bit different. You sign up for free without any sort of writing test. Then you look through their list and bid for the job you'd like. The employer will usually ask for a sample of your work but I did notice quite a few questionable jobs on the list. If you are selected, the employer pays a fee they have already predetermined.

Any thoughts before I dive in?
"If someone hates you it’s because you’re a reproach to their conscience or a challenge to their ego".
--author unknown--

Sherry
http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=12479
traceyb3
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Have you heard of...

Post by traceyb3 »

I am not familiar with Concurrent but I can tell you stay away from Freelancer.com. Many of their writing jobs are questionable, and avoid anything to do with spinning. This is where they take one quality article and spin it into many other low quality copy cats. I tried Freelancer. The expectations were impossible- 50 or more articles in a day for a payment way below standard. If you decide to take the bidding route, avoid proposals from countries such as India or Pakistan. Many from these countries will take your articles and sell them for a much higher price. Like I said, they are interested in quantity not quality. Scams are rampant so beware and proceed with caution. :cop

Return to “Forewarned is Forearmed”