Passing on some good advice

Discussion and links regarding potentially problematic publishers, agents, writing contests, etc.

Moderators: RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne

oursilverstrands
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Passing on some good advice

Post by oursilverstrands »

I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly. I periodically receive e-mails from a Writer Beware Blog. This blog seems particularly apropos to new and not so new writers. I think that describes most of us, so I'm passing it along.

Lillian

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When Persistence Becomes a Vice :x :!:

Posted: 17 Sep 2010 09:48 AM PDT

Posted by Victoria Strauss for Writer Beware

It's all very well to declare that getting published isn't a **** shoot--that smart and persistent writers with marketable manuscripts have a very reasonable chance of landing a publishing contract. But what if you've been submitting a manuscript you're convinced is marketable--a manuscript that has gotten compliments and encouragement not just from your friends and beta readers, but from agents and/or editors--and you still can't find representation or publication?

CLICK HERE TO READ ENTIRE ARTICLE
http://accrispin.blogspot.com/2010/09/w ... -vice.html

Lillian, Author
When Youth Fades - Aging from a Biblical Perspective
www.oursilverstrands.com

Fortunate 500
When Youth Fades
Available at: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=when+youth+f ... nb_sb_noss/

Fortunate 500

I have a love affair with words. I write, even when I think I can't. I'm hooked on words!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty
RedBaron

Post by RedBaron »

I moved it to the Forewarned is Forearmed forum :)

Oh... now that I read more of it, it probably would be a better fit in the Open Forum. I saw the Beware part and jumped the gun... I've got to get more sleep.

If you want to copy/paste and repost it back in the Open Forum, it is a good fit there.

:oops:
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07
Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

Great article. :) David Ian said somthing similar at the last FW conference. Good idea to keep working on other things so your heart isn't as wrapped up in the one prized manuscript.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Return to “Forewarned is Forearmed”