Jan's Master Class--TITLE

These lessons, by one of our most consistent FaithWriters' Challenge Champions, should not be missed. So we're making a permanent home for them here.

Moderators: mikeedwards, RedBaron, glorybee, mikeedwards, RedBaron, glorybee, mikeedwards, RedBaron, glorybee

glorybee

Re: Jan's Master Class--TITLE

Post by glorybee »

glorybee wrote:Even though the title of your Writing Challenge entry is not judged, it is the first thing that your readers see, and many readers will be drawn to your entry by a well-chosen title. And a great title may leave a subliminal good first impression with judges; they may start reading your piece with a happy feeling about it before they’ve even read one sentence.
This is GENIUS!!!
Jan Ackerson -- Follow me, friend me, give me a wave!
http://www.superioreditingservice.com
Twitter: @janackerson1
Instagram: janackerson
Facebook: Jan Worgul Ackerson, Superior Editing Service, Jan Ackerson, writer
laura4336
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Jan's Master Class - Title

Post by laura4336 »

I'm still moving around the Boards. Your class appeals to me, Jan. I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest:

Star-Studded Sky

That's all I can come up with in the few minutes I've been reading this forum.

Laura
choosingjoy
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by choosingjoy »

:thankssign

Jan, I have just now got around to reading your helps on titles. Thanks so much. It is very helpful, but makes me know how many times I've flunked out on title alone.
I had a title idea for this next time which is actually a quote in my story, and it looks sort of dumb without quotation marks, but have looked and read all you've said, and won't use them in the title. I might even change my choice before I submit.
Actually, I prefer short titles, but the ones I usually go for when I'm reading are the longer ones. Go figure.
Thanks again for all you do, and congrats on Piper. Hope she is healthy and well,
Genia :D
A child of the King!
Genia
philippa
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

New to FaithWriters- just love your forum

Post by philippa »

I am tumbling around this wonderful site and just read your lecture on Titles and found it very informative. Many thanks. Will study the rest eagerly. :idea:

Return to “Jan's Writing Basics”