To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Hire
Writers
Editors
Home Read What's New Join
Faith
Writers
Forum
My Account Login
Shop
Save
Support
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Testify!

A place to discuss writing and publishing of Devotions and other Inspirational Articles. Feel free to share your devotionals and inspirational articles here.

Moderator: Deb Porter

DonnaEdgar
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Testify!

Postby DonnaEdgar » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:38 pm

Somebody said 'TESTIFY!', so here it is,...
I once was lost in sin, but Jesus took me in! Then a little light from Heaven filled my soul,... I was a pot smoking, hard drinking, pill swallowing type of girl and I didn't want ANYBODY telling me about God or Jesus. I would fight, cuss and make fun of anyone who even slightly acted like a Christian. Then one day my world came crashing in, I dropped into a pit I could not get out of. I was contemplating suicide, I did not want to live. The TV set was on it was about 2am and as I huddled in a arm chair, staring at but not listening to anything except my own inner turmoil. A religious program came on,...I DID NOT WANT TO LISTEN TO THAT STUFF! That was in the days when there was no remote, so I had to get up and change the channel. I spun the dial looking for the comfort of noise to help me stay in my misery. Nothing was on,...except that stinkin' preacher! I turned the dial again hoping to find something, anything, but nope! There he was again,...this time I listened 20 seconds longer than the first time. Then angrily I spun the dial again. 'Yeah, yeah, yeah', I thought to myself, 'All that religious stuff is for goody-two-shoes people!' But I listened a little longer... by the time I had turned that dial 3 times I was tired of standing and decided to retreat to the arm chair. 'Well, it was noise and any noise was better than that annoying static sound that came from all the other 'end of the day' programs. Billy Graham was the preacher, he was preaching from a televised football field somewhere. There was thousands of people and I started to wonder what on earth all these people came to listen to, so I began listening too. The words the pastor was saying echoed my own miserable life. 'How could he possibly know all of that?', I asked myself. By then I was all ears and sitting forward in the chair, almost as if I was one of the people sitting on one of those hard bleacher seats. Then Rev. Graham gave the invitation, I can't remember exactly what he said, all I know is the tears of recognizing my own sin filled life came pouring down my face. "God loves you, come to Him, let Him make you whole and clean" seems to be what I heard. Folks by the hundreds started streaming from the bleachers and flooded the foot ball field,...and I knelt in front of that arm chair and asked God to forgive me and Jesus to come into my heart. THEN A LITTLE LIGHT FROM HEAVEN FILLED MY SOUL,... As I knelt there praying with my eyes closed I seen and felt a bright light in the room. The light was so bright that I sensed it even through closed eye lids, it was so warm that I felt it's comfort melting all the worries of my life off my shoulders. That was many years ago. I guess you could say Jesus 'saved-saved' my life, 'cause I'm still here, singing His praises, still learning of His wonderful mercy and grace.

Return to Devotional/Inspirational Writing