The Heroic Trial of The Next Step Freelancer 3/9/09

For Platinum 500 Members -- articles to help you hone your skills and Glenn Hascall's Ultimate Writing Guide

Moderators: RedBaron, RedBaron, RedBaron

Writetrack
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

The Heroic Trial of The Next Step Freelancer 3/9/09

Post by Writetrack »

This week's article focuses on the response to a letter Glenn received from a newer FaithWriters member (and FW 500 member). This member recently became able to stay home and write full-time and is looking for answers on where to start, particularly when it comes to freelancing.

Maybe you're in the same boat. Even if you are only able to write part-time, Glenn gives some great tips on just what is needed (and not needed) as you pursue those writing assignments.

Here is only a small portion of the letter sent in by a FW member:

Here is my dilemma - how do I go about picking up freelance work. I paid for one online sight - Go Freelance, I believe to be the name, and it hasn't been to useful. I plan on advertising my editorial on Faithwriters as soon as all is set up, however, I was just wondering if you had any advice or a initial direction that you could point me to get me headed the right way.

To read the entire letter, along with Glenn's expert response, click here:
THE HEROIC TRIAL OF THE NEXT STEP FREELANCER

Please consider signing up for the FaithWriters 500 so that each week, you can benefit from reading these excellent and informative articles. For more information on becoming a 500 member, visit:
FAITHWRITERS 500

Return to “Writing Articles and Ultimate Writing Guide”