How Far Outside the Box? 3/2/09

For Platinum 500 Members -- articles to help you hone your skills and Glenn Hascall's Ultimate Writing Guide

Moderators: RedBaron, RedBaron, RedBaron

Writetrack
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

How Far Outside the Box? 3/2/09

Post by Writetrack »

Trouble thinking outside of the box? Wondering why it's even necessary to think outside of the box? Trying to discover who you are as a writer? Then read on...

Glenn tackles a common issue that writers face, particularly when first starting out in the business. Here is a question sent in by a FaithWriters member. Maybe you can relate:

Q: I have always struggled with thinking outside-the-box. Writing fiction, especially for things like the Writing Challenge at Faithwriters, often demands some kind of outside-the-box perspective. Yet because I find myself at a loss to create something uniquely original, I frequently find myself reverting back to the familiar as far as plot lines, setting, characters, etc. Could you share any wisdom that might help writers like myself?

To read Glenn's answer, click here:
HOW FAR OUTSIDE THE BOX?

You must be a 500 member to access this article. For more information on becoming a 500 member and a list of all the benefits that come with it (including Glenn's awesome articles), visit this page: FAITHWRITERS 500

Return to “Writing Articles and Ultimate Writing Guide”