My Sister, Sue

Share your prayer requests here. "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." -Mark 11:24

Moderators: RedBaron, beaedwards

RedBaron

My Sister, Sue

Post by RedBaron » Sat May 09, 2020 10:23 am

I know we don't have a lot of activity here, and some of you aren't on Facebook to have seen it, but I wanted to share the hardest prayer request of my life. Many of you know of my sister's nearly 12-year battle with breast and ovarian cancer because of the BRCA mutation our family has. I have it as well, but have remained cancer free, so far, because of being able to have preventative surgeries.

She was recently also diagnosed with a form of leukemia that was triggered by one of the chemo meds, causing another genetic mutation. I just found out earlier today that the doctors are saying they can't do any more for her and are recommending hospice. My heart is breaking for her, her husband, her two sons, and the rest of our family.

I'm also terrified for our kids and my nephews, as they all have a 50/50 shot of having the mutation (we don't know yet, they can't be tested until they are 18, and the two oldest haven't been tested yet).
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

itsjoanne

Re: My Sister, Sue

Post by itsjoanne » Sat May 09, 2020 11:20 am

Oh,Shari.
I am SO sorry! Praying for Sue, you, and the rest of the family. Love you!
Joanne Sher
FaithWriters Writing Challenge Coordinator
FaithWriters Blogger
FaithWriters Blog
My Profile
My Site
Me on Facebook

RedBaron

Post by RedBaron » Mon May 11, 2020 8:41 am

Thank you. She's not giving up, still fighting, but it's so hard and even harder because I can't do anything :(
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon May 11, 2020 5:43 pm

Dear Jesus, we ask that you wrap your living arms around Shari and her family. Give them strength to deal with this trying time. Grant those around her empathy and bless those caring for her sister with wisdom. Thank you for family, for wonderful memories of better times, for doctors, nurses, and support staff, for the last 12 years. Thank you for loving us and the reassurance that you are ever present. In your name we pray. Amen.

Hugs and so much love. Will continue to lift your entire family in prayers.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

RedBaron

Post by RedBaron » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:00 pm

My sister passed away last night, just after midnight :( She'd gotten so frail, and her heart started having issues. Her husband called my parents, and Dad told him to call the EMT. They came, but they weren't able to help her :(

I know she's not hurting and sick any more, but it's still not easy :(
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

Shann

Post by Shann » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:23 pm

Oh Shari, I'm so sorry.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

oursilverstrands
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by oursilverstrands » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:40 pm

Dear Shari, words are so inadequate when one loses a loved one, but that's the only way we can express the sorrow we feel for you and your family. Holding you close in our hearts and prayers.

Lillian
E-Book - Retirement Lane - How to Celebrate Life After 60

When Youth Fades
Available @www.Amazon.com

Fortunate 500

I write even when I think I can't, because I must. :-)

I love to write. Nothing escapes the crush I have on the written word. I'm hooked on words!!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty

deejay

Post by deejay » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:04 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this, Shari. It especially hits me because I lost a sister named Susan back in 1981. She had UC and Crohn's, with cancer the last month of her life. There's medications for UC and Crohn's now, but still! Jesus, please comfort Shari and her family, especially Sue's family, in this time. Thank you for giving her 12 more years to be with her family. Now she's dancing with you in Heaven. Amen.

Krissyo
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by Krissyo » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:44 am

So sorry for your loss, Shari. May God's peace comfort you all like a warm blanket.
Married to Mark
Cat furniture to Bean, Mojo, Zoe and Gus

Personal Blog: http://enitsirk24.wordpress.com

Return to “Prayer Requests”