Are the Highest Rankings Going to be Put up this time?

The Challenge winners will be posted here two weeks after entries close for each topic, and the Highest Ranked entries will be posted sometime later that day or the next.

Moderators: RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne

JaniceG
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by JaniceG »

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband and I celebrated our 23rd anniversary in May. Yes, we are more deeply in love and more committed to one another than ever before. But I have God to thank for it. Without His guidance through the tough times, and our choice to be obedient no matter how hard, we might not be where we are today. Life isn't easy, marriage isn't always easy. But both are a blessing from the Father if we look at it through His eyes. I am sooooo thankful for HIS whispers of wisdom and encouragement. And oI am soooooo thankful for my Sweetie!
Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Post by Deb Porter »

Just running a bit late. Sorry about that. Things have been busy.

Posting them now.

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Philsjewel
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Philsjewel »

Hoomi wrote:
For all those cynics out there that say marriage doesn't work, all I can say is, marriage is like a tandem bicycle. It works or doesn't work based on the maintenance and effort of the two people involved. If you ain't workin' together, you ain't goin' nowhere.
I did not like riding a tandem bicycle, but I sure do enjoy being married!
I serve a covenant keeping God whose mercies are new every morning.

Treasures From My Heart
My FW Profile
swfdoc1
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by swfdoc1 »

It'll be 26 years July 2 for my wife and me.

In honor of that and of Father's Day, I've changed my avatar. (Of course if anyone stumbles across this after I've changed it again, this post won't make much sense.)

That's the family last month at my daughter's college graduation. She was on the 5-6 year plan, but she made it just in time for my last year as a prof at her school, so we got to wear our gowns together. And, yes, she is the one without the mustache!

And again, YES, that is the LITTLE lady at the far end. (If I were as much smaller than her as she is than me, I'd be 3' 7"!
Steve
nlf.net
________
"When the Round Table is broken every man must follow Galahad or Mordred; middle
things are gone." C.S. Lewis
“The chief purpose of life … is to increase according to our capacity our knowledge of God by all the means we have, and to be moved by it to praise and thanks. To do as we say in the Gloria in Excelsis ... We praise you, we call you holy, we worship you, we proclaim your glory, we thank you for the greatness of your splendor.” J.R.R. Tolkien
Deb Porter

Post by Deb Porter »

What a lovely family photo, Steve. Thanks for sharing them all with us.

Love, Deb
Deb

Philsjewel
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Philsjewel »

BreathFreshAir wrote:What a lovely family photo, Steve. Thanks for sharing them all with us.

Love, Deb
I agree! In fact, you've inspired me to change my avatar, so you can see my hubby and I - a pic of him and I after our 25th celebration party. I will be changing it as soon as I'm done writing this! :mrgreen:

Pamela

Treasures From My Heart
My FW Profile
MarijoPhelps
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postings

Post by MarijoPhelps »

I think we are all retaking Patience 101 - GRIN

Thursdays and Fridays (Jewel Chest) are totally the most exciting days of the week, aren't they?

Marijo
Marijo Phelps (pronounced Mary Jo)
Jesus IS Lord!
rachels_rnld
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by rachels_rnld »

Congratulations to everyone celebrating anniversaries! I'm so encouraged by reading all your stories; I'm getting married in a few months and its great to hear about the successes. I've been so excited about my wedding but I'm suddenly more excited about my 30th anniversary! I love my guy and can't wait to look back on our life together, as well as looking forward now. Thanks for a new perspective.

Love Rachel
Deb Porter

Post by Deb Porter »

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, Rachel. May it be the start of a lifetime of blessing and joy. :D

Love, Deb
Deb

Philsjewel
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Philsjewel »

rachels_rnld wrote:Congratulations to everyone celebrating anniversaries! I'm so encouraged by reading all your stories; I'm getting married in a few months and its great to hear about the successes. I've been so excited about my wedding but I'm suddenly more excited about my 30th anniversary! I love my guy and can't wait to look back on our life together, as well as looking forward now. Thanks for a new perspective.

Love Rachel
Awww! Yay! Congrats to you! Marriage does just get better with the passing of time... :)

Pamela

Treasures From My Heart
My FW Profile

Return to “Results and Highest Rankings”