Can't have a blank page, can we?

Discussion for Platinum members about the current Page Turner Writing Contest

Moderators: RedBaron, RedBaron, RedBaron

Inkpen
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by Inkpen »

With my not being a novelist (or a good speller :mrgreen: ), how many words should a chapter be? In your opinion of course.

I like to write dialog that sets the scene with as little narrative as possible. (Don't know if narrative is the right word, but it sure sounds like I know what I'm talking about whether I do or not. :mrgreen: ) Which means my word count is less than it would be with it.

So many things to think about, how will I survive? Agony, agony, agony. :?

<><
George :mrgreen:
Read My Rubbish

"Nothing torments the mind of a writer more than silence." ~ Me

Valora
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by Valora »

I'm going to consider this, I'm writing a novel already. This might push me a bit :mrgreen:
RedBaron

Re: Why?

Post by RedBaron »

Probably because Deb wants to keep it organized :)
Scribe wrote:I am new around here and am wondering... Why is this Forum marked as closed to new posts?

Thanks! :?:
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07
Scribe
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Thanks!

Post by Scribe »

Thanks Deb, I discovered it was another page that I had just come from... Sorry. It takes me a while before I get a hang about all this computer stuff when I enter a new site. Thanks for checking it out.
Matthew 13:52 (KJV)
"Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old."
Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Post by Deb Porter »

No worries. I'm just glad it wasn't a real problem. :wink:

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

cdmyers
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by cdmyers »

Well, here goes nothing!

I haven't been on FW for months because I've been working on a novel that I am hoping to send out for the first time.

I just want you all to know how much I appreciate a place where I can try something like this without feeling like I would have my emotions ripped out by people that are more interested in money than ministry.

I am just beginning to test the waters as far as the possibility of God using this gift in the future. I have always wanted to write, but as a pastor have never really been able to pursue it.

God bless each one who enters this wonderful contest.
" For one who reads, there is no limit to the number of lives that may be lived, for fiction, biography, and history offer an inexhaustible number of lives in many parts of the world, in all periods of time. - Louis L'Amour"
Soren2007
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by Soren2007 »

What are my chances of winning if I put one word on every page for 30 pages and make it the best sentence I have ever written? Talk about turning 30 pages with interest, right? 31, it gets futile and dropped, 29, I didn't do enough. 30 seems right.

Seriously, I'm working on this and think I'll be ready in time. Fun.
“Get to work. Your work is to keep cranking the flywheel that turns the gears that spin the belt in the engine of belief that keeps you and your desk in midair.” ~Dillard.

Return to “Page Turner Writing Contest”