Ok....

Discussion for Platinum members about the current Page Turner Writing Contest

Moderators: RedBaron, RedBaron, RedBaron

RedBaron

Ok....

Post by RedBaron »

I've finally decided to give this a shot, in between all the other projects I've got going.

But, now I have to decide -do I go with the story that's been rumbling around in my brain since high school? or do I got with a fresher, newer idea sparked from one of my challenge entries??

If I do the old one, I'm going to pretty much start over, just use the same characters and basic plot but make a LOT of revisions -which isn't too hard, since most of it is still in my head. I never finished writing it out, but the characters are like old friends now.

Or the new one - where I still need to develop the characters, but it'll be a fresh and exciting adventure.

SIGH....Decisions, decisions.....
Last edited by RedBaron on Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07
Kiwigirl
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by Kiwigirl »

I can smell the smoke from here! :mrgreen:
Valora
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by Valora »

I know the feeling Shari. I mulled this one over for months before this contest. I went for the one that's been burning a hole in my brain for a few years! Best to get it out of there before it causes permenant damage! :lol: I have three chapters written now. It has just flown from my fingers. Go with the old friends. The new ones will wait.
kspil
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by kspil »

Mine is an old one that is already written down so I am almost done doing a first edit and then I will work on that first chapter and make it come alive. I am actually enjoying this process because I can see where it can be better in spots so it is making me work on it more so I can get to it. That doesn't make any sense does it.

Oh well, I have a fried brain. I didn't go to sleep till one last night. I am NOT a night owl at all.
Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

Sounds like a good plan. It feels good to know that you're finally getting to an old friend and introducing them to the world.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight
klebak018
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by klebak018 »

good idea Shari. I think that's what I'm gonna do. I actually wrote about a third my novel (about 80 pages on my computer), and I read over it very recently and hated every bit of it.

I still loved my charcters and I loved my plot, but it needs some serious, serious re-vision.

In fact, I think I'm gonna just scrap it and start again.
Kaylee Bake

A face without freckles is like a sky without stars.

"I do know my own mind...The trouble is, my mind changes and then I have to get aquainted with it all over again." -Anne Shirley (From L.M. Montgomery's "Anne of the Island")
RedBaron

Post by RedBaron »

Cool. Thanks for all the input folks. I'm going to dig out my old character notes, what little I had written out, make some serious changes (a bit too "dated" lol) and bring my old friends to life :)
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

RedBaron

Post by RedBaron »

Oh -brain storm!!! I may have found a way to work both stories into one book!!!!! Oh.... it just might work -blending the old with the new...... just maybe.....
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

Return to “Page Turner Writing Contest”