hi again, sort of?

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

writingsherry
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

hi again, sort of?

Post by writingsherry » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:20 pm

Wow, lots of changes. So if there are any veterans who happen to be lurking you might remember me from my old username, SingsforJesus. It's been a while. The last time I was truly active here was probably ten years ago when this place was a hub of activity. I caught the facebook train and disappeared for a minute or two, eventually disembarking altogether. During that time I went through several rounds of "I feel like writing/I'm never writing again". Much like a dysfunctional faith walk, I wrote when life was good and I quit when it got hard. So here I am, ten years older and wiser and trying my hardest to be consistent with my writing. I use a pen name now instead of my married name and I'm still trying to decide if that was a wise choice or not. It's convenient but now nobody knows who I am...but since this place feels like a ghost town, that might be irrelevant anyway. That said, if you're a veteran and you happen to remember me, hi! If you haven't the foggiest idea who I am but need a new writing buddy, hi! I have a burning question I hope someone can answer. What happened to Deb and Jan? Last I heard they were both active on facebook but they seem to have disappeared entirely from the forums and the site in general. Also, congrats to this week's challenge winners. Also, this COVID guy is a real jerk. Before I start my new job, is there anyone out there who feels like reconnecting?
-Me
Sherry Castelluccio (singsforJesus)
Sherry Hoffcastel (writingsherry)

Shann

Re: hi again, sort of?

Post by Shann » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:46 pm

Hey Sherry! Glad to have you back. Things have changed for sure, but there are still some veterans around who pop in now and again. Happy to see you back.

Jan left maybe 2 or 3 years ago (time gets away from me). Deb left a bit over a year or 18 months ago or so. She said she wanted to devote more time to other things. Joanne is doing the writing challenge now and does an outstanding job. I do think they are both on FB, although I don't pay too much attention to FB if I can avoid it.

I think you might be surprised at who is still around. We always are overjoyed when someone returns! Happy Dance! :welcome Back!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

writingsherry
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by writingsherry » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:00 pm

Hey Shann! Not sure how acquainted we are with each other...I think I remember having a conversation or two with you about the writing challenge. Glad to hear Deb is enjoying life. I kind of figured she would move on at some point. This is so weird. I feel like a kid who left for college, ran into the real world, and finally decided to come home and check in with everybody. Except that home is drastically different than what it used to be. I can't even count how many hours I spent on these forums back then. Anyway, thanks for the welcome. It's nice to be home. :thankssign

Shann

Post by Shann » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:42 pm

Yeah I do think we had some chats. You left shortly afterI joined I believe. The boards were so active back then. Many people are on FB and there is a FW thread on FB. We have a couple of games that a few people play and there are still some who update us on threads and ask for prayers. I keep hoping we can get more people to come back and reach out often to others. I started editing about 8 years ago and often have projects from current or former FW. I try to read and comment on the weekly challenge entries as well as look at the general submissions and read the daily devotions. I just had shoulder replacement surgery though so haven't been able to read and comment for a few weeks, but hopefully soon will be able to hold my tablet longer than a few minutes!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

oursilverstrands
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by oursilverstrands » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:06 pm

Hi, Sherry! Don't know 'Ya, but nice to hear from a Faithwriters alumni. I'm one of Shann's poppers-in-and-outers. Had a major heart attack in June, so my "out" has been longer than my "in." I joined the same year that you most likely left-2010. Remembering those days with relish. But change is an inevitable component of life and something to accept not reject. Stop in again.

Lillian
E-Book - Retirement Lane - How to Celebrate Life After 60

When Youth Fades
Available @www.Amazon.com

Fortunate 500

I write even when I think I can't, because I must. :-)

I love to write. Nothing escapes the crush I have on the written word. I'm hooked on words!!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty

Shann

Post by Shann » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:48 am

Lillian, I'm so sorry to hear you had a heart attack. I'm not sure how I missed that. So happy to see you pop back in again. What a scary time to have a heart attack too. I will pray for you and if there's anything else I can do, let me know. Sending you hugs and am doing my happiest of happy Dances that you made it through this tough time. Hugsssssssss :party :grouphug :grouphug :hugs2 :loveyou :loveyou :loveyou
Shann

Shann's Profile

oursilverstrands

Post by oursilverstrands » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:51 pm

Shann wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:48 am
Lillian, I'm so sorry to hear you had a heart attack. I'm not sure how I missed that. So happy to see you pop back in again. What a scary time to have a heart attack too. I will pray for you and if there's anything else I can do, let me know. Sending you hugs and am doing my happiest of happy Dances that you made it through this tough time. Hugsssssssss :party :grouphug :grouphug :hugs2 :loveyou :loveyou :loveyou
Shann, a bucketful of thanks to you. I'm feeling the love and enjoying the hugs. You are a true blessing and encourager. I'm dancing for you. :D :party

Much love,

Lillian
E-Book - Retirement Lane - How to Celebrate Life After 60

When Youth Fades
Available @www.Amazon.com

Fortunate 500

I write even when I think I can't, because I must. :-)

I love to write. Nothing escapes the crush I have on the written word. I'm hooked on words!!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty

Return to “The Water Cooler”