Are people here?

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Jackalyn
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Are people here?

Post by Jackalyn » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:58 am

Yet again, it's been so long. How are You?

Just to fill in anyone who knew me and to get the conversation rolling in the hope of a reply, (I used to find this board fun and useful but notice that it is underused.) The last years were taken up with writing "Help for Single Christians,' changing ministries and doing a free online Bible course which ultimately led to me discovering I was an Apostle...then I got ordained, my Dad went to be with Jesus and I moved all in the same week. It took a while to recover! Meanwhile, Freya the Catblog Cat continued to be her usual self and we both moved to a Ranch with horses on and a Christian Retreat. I am never sure if I am meant to be Ranch Manager or cleaner but I mostly clean the place. However, miracles happen and it is lovely to have different groups to meet. Ther is a lake and plenty of wood to walk in. The downside is the place gets very, very muddy and you have to keep your good shoes in your bag or car.

I now live in a wooden hut with a tin roof but it is nice and I love having the fellowship around me.

Shann

Re: Are people here?

Post by Shann » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:03 pm

Glad to see you back. You are right the message boards are quite silent. Even the numbers in the weekly challenge have gone down a lot. It sounds like God has been keeping you busy. You dealt with a lot of big changes in such a short time period. Working with horses sounds awesome. Again :welcome back!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Jackalyn
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by Jackalyn » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:20 am

The horses are not my province. I just chat to them. The other day I said, (to a horse in a field here,) "Hello Horse, What's your name.) To my surprise it said, "Hello, my name is Google Assistant."

I should forget my smartphone when I go for walks.

God knew everyone here needed a laugh.

Shann

Post by Shann » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:27 pm

That is hysterical! :clap
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

oursilverstrands
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by oursilverstrands » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:18 pm

Jackalyn wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:20 am
The horses are not my province. I just chat to them. The other day I said, (to a horse in a field here,) "Hello Horse, What's your name.) To my surprise it said, "Hello, my name is Google Assistant."

I should forget my smartphone when I go for walks.

God knew everyone here needed a laugh.
Today, I did. :lol:

Lillian
E-Book - Retirement Lane - How to Celebrate Life After 60

When Youth Fades
Available @www.Amazon.com

Fortunate 500

I write even when I think I can't, because I must. :-)

I love to write. Nothing escapes the crush I have on the written word. I'm hooked on words!!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty

happilyeverafter
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by happilyeverafter » Wed May 27, 2020 9:20 am

I'm new here but it seems like it can be a really fun forum if we all participate.

oursilverstrands

Post by oursilverstrands » Wed May 27, 2020 10:43 am

happilyeverafter wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 9:20 am
I'm new here but it seems like it can be a really fun forum if we all participate.
When I joined in 2010, the Forum was humming. It was REALLY fun and informative. Maybe with others like you, we can see a resurgence. However, Facebook and other social media create a formidable challenge.

Welcome aboard!

Lillian
E-Book - Retirement Lane - How to Celebrate Life After 60

When Youth Fades
Available @www.Amazon.com

Fortunate 500

I write even when I think I can't, because I must. :-)

I love to write. Nothing escapes the crush I have on the written word. I'm hooked on words!!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu May 28, 2020 5:32 pm

Welcome to FW! It has become much quieter, but there are a few people who still post somewhat regularly. The weekly challenge is still going. The numbers are down, but it's still nice to read new stories each week. The Critique Circle is a great place to get feedback too. And we have some games on the message boards along with prayer and praise requests. The Open Forum is a great place to ask writing related questions too.
Shann

Shann's Profile

deejay

Post by deejay » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:44 am

Psst,I'm on Facebook, under my real name.

Welcome! I miss the old gang, and the fun interactions we used to have--the laughs, the stories, and the virtual handholding. There also used to be a build a story, but after a couple of efforts, it shut down from apparent lack of time or interest. :cry:

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:10 pm

I know your first name is Michelle but what's your last name? How did you get the nickname Deejay?
Shann

Shann's Profile

deejay

Post by deejay » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:21 pm

Actually, I spell it with one L. I should be on the Who's Who listing on this site. I chose DeeJay because when I was growing up I loved to listen to the radio, and dreamed of becoming a disk jockey. I got an A.A. degree in Broadcasting, but never got the opportunity to get on the air outside of my community college's radio station. But I like it anyway.

dub
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Post by dub » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:34 pm

So many forums out there. I spend an inordinate about time on InKitt, only post greetings on FB, and have dropped completely out of Wattpad; I've looked at Fanfiction and some others. Used to be a Christian site called MannaCabana, but it sold, then folded. This is the only truly Christian writing site I know of - that said, my postings elsewhere use the tag "Christian Lite" because I do not adhere to the edicts of Christian Publisher's rules. My characters live life - but I refuse to use F, GD, JC words or describe explicit sex or violence. Although, my characters regularly use the restroom, make love, fight, are injured, sick, or witness bad events. I enjoy reading young writers on InKitt and commenting on their style, syntax grammar, and tone - plus more. I do less commenting on Vocal, simply because I don't go there much.
I have a couple of hundred articles in the Challenge and truly enjoyed that activity. But, at $72 a year, I am hard pressed to participate. Vocal.com, InKitt, and others welcome my articles, and usually I get feedback, albeit it is Christian-lite writing - with no charge.
I have written in every genre, yes...including erotic and gothic horror (don't worry I won't post any of that here - embarrassed to say one of those pieces has received critical acclaim). My SciFi novels are tongue-in-cheek and were fun to write. One I need to rewrite to clear up some problems. Most of my mysteries are well received. Two of my research articles are getting nice mentions - one is a primer on writing Vampire Stories. Now, while I am pontificating, I mean to say, yes, I miss the old FW, I miss the conferences (rooming with Jesus Puppy), the writing style of Maxx, and the editing by Amy (and others).
Onward and upward, God is with us, who can be against us?

thoughts of an old bard
"Here I am Lord, send me."

deejay

Post by deejay » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:31 pm

You did use a pen name on the "adult" stuff, right? :)

dub
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Post by dub » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:18 pm

dubw
"Here I am Lord, send me."

Return to “The Water Cooler”