Are people here?

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Jackalyn
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Are people here?

Post by Jackalyn » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:58 am

Yet again, it's been so long. How are You?

Just to fill in anyone who knew me and to get the conversation rolling in the hope of a reply, (I used to find this board fun and useful but notice that it is underused.) The last years were taken up with writing "Help for Single Christians,' changing ministries and doing a free online Bible course which ultimately led to me discovering I was an Apostle...then I got ordained, my Dad went to be with Jesus and I moved all in the same week. It took a while to recover! Meanwhile, Freya the Catblog Cat continued to be her usual self and we both moved to a Ranch with horses on and a Christian Retreat. I am never sure if I am meant to be Ranch Manager or cleaner but I mostly clean the place. However, miracles happen and it is lovely to have different groups to meet. Ther is a lake and plenty of wood to walk in. The downside is the place gets very, very muddy and you have to keep your good shoes in your bag or car.

I now live in a wooden hut with a tin roof but it is nice and I love having the fellowship around me.

Shann

Re: Are people here?

Post by Shann » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:03 pm

Glad to see you back. You are right the message boards are quite silent. Even the numbers in the weekly challenge have gone down a lot. It sounds like God has been keeping you busy. You dealt with a lot of big changes in such a short time period. Working with horses sounds awesome. Again :welcome back!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Jackalyn
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by Jackalyn » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:20 am

The horses are not my province. I just chat to them. The other day I said, (to a horse in a field here,) "Hello Horse, What's your name.) To my surprise it said, "Hello, my name is Google Assistant."

I should forget my smartphone when I go for walks.

God knew everyone here needed a laugh.

Shann

Post by Shann » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:27 pm

That is hysterical! :clap
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

oursilverstrands
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by oursilverstrands » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:18 pm

Jackalyn wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:20 am
The horses are not my province. I just chat to them. The other day I said, (to a horse in a field here,) "Hello Horse, What's your name.) To my surprise it said, "Hello, my name is Google Assistant."

I should forget my smartphone when I go for walks.

God knew everyone here needed a laugh.
Today, I did. :lol:

Lillian
E-Book - Retirement Lane - How to Celebrate Life After 60
https://grammyspen.com
Fortunate 500

I write even when I think I can't, because I must. :-)

I love to write. Nothing escapes the crush I have on the written word. I'm hooked on words!!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty

Return to “The Water Cooler”