I think I need a writing buddy

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

LusunguMuyangana
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

I think I need a writing buddy

Post by LusunguMuyangana » Fri May 10, 2019 6:06 am

Hi!
I am writing again and enjoying it more since I came back to Faithwriters.
I am learning too. I have seen a great difference between writing stories and putting them in my folder and sharing them by writing for the writers challenge.

I think I need a writing buddy. I don't have friends that talk about writing :|
I guess I am still learning too so I am not perfect. I do want to write for God though :D that has always been my desire.

Shann

Re: I think I need a writing buddy

Post by Shann » Fri May 10, 2019 12:23 pm

It's been harder to get a buddy since the forums have been a bit slower. I'd urge you to read the challenge entries, find someone's work that you admire and is the same genre as yours and send them a PM asking if they'd be interested. If you can't find someone, let me know and I'll try to help. I haven't been able to enter regularly because of health problems, but I might be able to find you someone!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

LusunguMuyangana
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by LusunguMuyangana » Fri May 10, 2019 1:49 pm

Thank you! I am not sure yet what genre I am except that I enjoy writing fiction and sometimes I prefer to write real Iife things except it seems I am writing about myself since I am my only example :| .Then I have tried my hand at devotionals and I would like to do more of that. I will look except some of the writers I have enjoyed reading seem to have stopped posting or maybe I noticed two since I have not read many.

Thanks for the advice. :thankssign

oursilverstrands
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by oursilverstrands » Fri May 10, 2019 2:28 pm

Hi! May I call you LM? :D I was wondering what you would expect from having a "writing buddy?"

Lillian
E-Book - Retirement Lane - How to Celebrate Life After 60
https://grammyspen.com
Fortunate 500

I write even when I think I can't, because I must. :-)

I love to write. Nothing escapes the crush I have on the written word. I'm hooked on words!!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty

LusunguMuyangana
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by LusunguMuyangana » Fri May 10, 2019 4:24 pm

Yes, you may call me LM.
I guess I am looking for a mentor.

I don't really know what help I would be to the writing buddy :sorry I hope that I don't sound selfish.

I would like to say thank you for the advice. I would like to say .. I didn't know that. I would like to ask questions.

I feel like my writing is just out of high school compared to the work of others. I don't even know how they write the way they do.

oursilverstrands

Post by oursilverstrands » Fri May 10, 2019 9:32 pm

Well, LM, I am very much into writing a book, but would be happy to become your buddy. Not sure how much time I can give you, but let's
see how it goes. Do you know how to send private messages?

Lillian
E-Book - Retirement Lane - How to Celebrate Life After 60
https://grammyspen.com
Fortunate 500

I write even when I think I can't, because I must. :-)

I love to write. Nothing escapes the crush I have on the written word. I'm hooked on words!!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty

LusunguMuyangana
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by LusunguMuyangana » Sat May 11, 2019 3:57 am

Thank you! I will really appreciate the help. Yes, I do know how to send Private Messages.

Return to “The Water Cooler”