Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

LStanley
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by LStanley » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:12 am

This BUG thingy is quite irritating. I spent about 3 hours in the office today and decided that that was enough. I came home, did a quick post here on FW and fell asleep. I woke up about an hour ago but my body does not know it yet.
So here I am lying on the bed typing on the laptop and watching a ship pass by on the ocean :!: (While my colleagues are working in the office :oops: :oops: )
Leonie (My friends call me Blueberry (or was it Boobelly?))

http://www.stanley1126.wordpress.com

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:22 am

LStanley wrote:
AnneRene' wrote:
b24bomb wrote: I'm here, I'm here, I'm here!! :shock:

Sorry I haven't been around, but it's only been a week or so, hasn't it? :lol: All I know is that there are a lot of pages that I don't feel like catching up on. :P

I'm fine. Just been focusing on school, then relaxing this week. :)
Well Hot Diggity Darn....I've honestly been thinking A LOT about you missy, and I know you have a full load of classes so glad to hear you've been able to relax....we miss you around here...that's all, so Luv Hugs and Prayers Buttons and thanx for checking in and don't make me hunt you down again...even if you only have time to leave a Smiley face...that's all....just one itty bitty Smiley face will tell us you're alive and kicking. That's what I do with Kimi when she goes out of town....she doesn't have to call and talk....just one itty bitty Smiley face when she gets there and one when she's on her way home. It's just concern and love and caring and...okay, okay...maybe just a tad bit of being obnoxious. :heehee
You obnoxious - never :!: :!: It's called caring :!: :!:
Thanx Boo! And as for watching that ship pass by on the ocean....AWESOME. Sorry u no feel well, but I'll bet little bit (Miss Owami) is happy your home. :) I'll bet you've been running your little tail ragged over the past few months and YOU KNOW WHO is forcing you to slow down and the only way He can do it....is, well....putting you right where you are...in bed, so rest, rest and then rest. ok?

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:27 am

AnneRene' wrote: Thanx Boo! And as for watching that ship pass by on the ocean....AWESOME. Sorry u no feel well, but I'll bet little bit (Miss Owami) is happy your home. :) I'll bet you've been running your little tail ragged over the past few months and YOU KNOW WHO is forcing you to slow down and the only way He can do it....is, well....putting you right where you are...in bed, so rest, rest and then rest. ok?
You are sooooooooo right Miss Holly! I was thinking the same thing earlier. Good thing I can still communicate here though. Don't want to miss out on anything :!: :!:

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:28 am

Sparrow wrote:
JesusPuppy wrote:YAAAAAAAAt Little Bird. So are you going to try for 80,000? :lol:
Naw, I don't have that much more story to write. Not sure exactly how many words it'll be, though.

Hey, everyone, I have something important to ask you. Do you feel that using God's name as a swear word is offensive? A lot of G-rated movies use God's name in vain, but G in definition is a movie that has "nothing in language... that would offend parents whose young children veiw the motion picture."

My good FaithWriter friend, Lisa Mikitarian, has felt led to ask for basic respect for our Holy God. We've written the film companies asking them to remove God's name in vain from G-rated movies, but they have ignored us. They give this respect to the gay community, to minority culture groups, and many other people by not allowing slurs against those groups. But they refuse to even discuss giving Christians the same respect.

So to make an attempt to be heard and to have them pay attention to us, Lisa is asking for people to boycott films made by these companies. December is the most popular movie viewing month, so she's asking that we avoid theaters and avoid renting and buying movies during next month.

Who's with us? Are you willing to forgo a month of movie entertainment in order to ask for basic respect for our God?
Oh, heck yes on using God's name with swear words. I twist and turn using Hot Diggity Darn but then again, not convicted by God, just other's who see the resemblence...but not my implication when using it.

Anyway, yes I'll support Lisa and you! If I'm watching T.V. and hear it, I have the remote ready in my hand and turn the channel instantly and permanenty...my hackles go up and I C R I N G E when I hear it and have to ask anyone around me who uses it, not to as it so disturbs my spirit. I can even take the f word but not that. Okay...still know I'm a little odd but being raised with four brothers, all older than me plus my twin...I've got a tough hide but cannot take those words.

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:31 am

LStanley wrote:
AnneRene' wrote: Thanx Boo! And as for watching that ship pass by on the ocean....AWESOME. Sorry u no feel well, but I'll bet little bit (Miss Owami) is happy your home. :) I'll bet you've been running your little tail ragged over the past few months and YOU KNOW WHO is forcing you to slow down and the only way He can do it....is, well....putting you right where you are...in bed, so rest, rest and then rest. ok?
You are sooooooooo right Miss Holly! I was thinking the same thing earlier. Good thing I can still communicate here though. Don't want to miss out on anything :!: :!:
Well Amen...now you have a confirmation to what you were 'thinking', so now you KNOW it, so surrender, don't feel guilty and dwell on how much you do at work when you're feeling well. I'm sure it WAY OVER compensates for any time you take off. I have to go get dressed now, it's 7:30 a.m. and dig into school, so will check back in, off and on. Now what time is it over thar?

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:41 am

AnneRene' wrote:
Sparrow wrote: Hey, everyone, I have something important to ask you. Do you feel that using God's name as a swear word is offensive? A lot of G-rated movies use God's name in vain, but G in definition is a movie that has "nothing in language... that would offend parents whose young children veiw the motion picture."

My good FaithWriter friend, Lisa Mikitarian, has felt led to ask for basic respect for our Holy God. We've written the film companies asking them to remove God's name in vain from G-rated movies, but they have ignored us. They give this respect to the gay community, to minority culture groups, and many other people by not allowing slurs against those groups. But they refuse to even discuss giving Christians the same respect.

So to make an attempt to be heard and to have them pay attention to us, Lisa is asking for people to boycott films made by these companies. December is the most popular movie viewing month, so she's asking that we avoid theaters and avoid renting and buying movies during next month.

Who's with us? Are you willing to forgo a month of movie entertainment in order to ask for basic respect for our God?
Oh, heck yes on using God's name with swear words. I twist and turn using Hot Diggity Darn but then again, not convicted by God, just other's who see the resemblence...but not my implication when using it.

Anyway, yes I'll support Lisa and you! If I'm watching T.V. and hear it, I have the remote ready in my hand and turn the channel instantly and permanenty...my hackles go up and I C R I N G E when I hear it and have to ask anyone around me who uses it, not to as it so disturbs my spirit. I can even take the f word but not that. Okay...still know I'm a little odd but being raised with four brothers, all older than me plus my twin...I've got a tough hide but cannot take those words.
I agree with you Holly. Fortunately our satelite provider (cable company) has a setting on the decoder where you can select 'family' so everytime these words are being used there is a silence. So that helps a lot.

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:43 am

Holy macaroni Holly!!! Only 7.30am there, here it is already 5.30pm :!:
Get to your schoolwork, I will not bug you (promise) :lol: :mrgreen:

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:45 am

Boo...gonna leave you with a smile on your face. As I was getting dressed, don't know why...but all of a sudden I got a mental picture of you with mint green robe, bed cover, or something, with your adorable little curls and thought to myself with a smile on my face, "self, we have our own little SA Annie." :)

btw, what time is it? I'm gonna write it down so I'll REMEMBER the time difference and won't ask again. I forgot the city you live in so it doesn't really help to google it.

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:57 am

LStanley wrote:Holy macaroni Holly!!! Only 7.30am there, here it is already 5.30pm :!:
Get to your schoolwork, I will not bug you (promise) :lol: :mrgreen:
I like to be bugged...just have to ignore the bugging sometimes, but I usually always respond...e v e n t u a l l y. :D

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:07 pm

So where is Shann now?
Barb Culler

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:14 pm

Ms. Barbie wrote:So where is Shann now?
Barb, I KNOW...been getting worried about this little one....she is so sick. Has she been on FB? I was thinking last night about calling her but it was too late and she's not a phone person....however, I can text using gmail since I don't have a cell phone right now. How about you...should I wait?

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:19 pm

Text if you can. I am pathetic at texting :oops:
Barb Culler

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:26 pm

AnneRene' wrote:Boo...gonna leave you with a smile on your face. As I was getting dressed, don't know why...but all of a sudden I got a mental picture of you with mint green robe, bed cover, or something, with your adorable little curls and thought to myself with a smile on my face, "self, we have our own little SA Annie." :)

btw, what time is it? I'm gonna write it down so I'll REMEMBER the time difference and won't ask again. I forgot the city you live in so it doesn't really help to google it.
:lol: :lol: No mint green robe. I don't do 'fancy' when I sleep. I do have a comfortable shirt with pants. (Oh hang on there are green splotches on the pants).
According to what you said about your time earlier, it seems we are 10 hours ahead of you over there in California.
Now get to your schoolwork young lady!! :fingerwag

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:57 pm

LStanley wrote:
AnneRene' wrote:Boo...gonna leave you with a smile on your face. As I was getting dressed, don't know why...but all of a sudden I got a mental picture of you with mint green robe, bed cover, or something, with your adorable little curls and thought to myself with a smile on my face, "self, we have our own little SA Annie." :)

:lol: :lol: No mint green robe. I don't do 'fancy' when I sleep. I do have a comfortable shirt with pants. (Oh hang on there are green splotches on the pants).
According to what you said about your time earlier, it seems we are 10 hours ahead of you over there in California.
Okay, I'm outta here! Image

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:51 pm

AnneRene' wrote:
LStanley wrote:

Okay, I'm outta here! Image
Phew I was about to send you the look!!!! :mrgreen:

Return to “The Water Cooler”