Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

JoyAnn
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by JoyAnn » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:13 am

Oh she is so cute! Blueberry, what does her name mean again?
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:38 am

Nice pics of the little one Boo.

Tim glad to hear you didn't just run away on us, I just get worried about people, specially when I don't hear from them for a few days. Like that rascally Bomber that keeps slipping off for a "Few" weeks at a time. :P
Bubbles wrote:Hey...It's awfully quite in here. I'm watching AFV right now and it's a break so I came to find nobody around Maybe everyone's settling in after a long weekend. Well, I might be back....okay it's back on. See ya!
Now you know how I feel every night. Take a lunch break and no one is ever around at that time. Now things are a bit worse, The network card on the Home PC is messing up (has to be that) and I cant get online. I checked the line with the laptop, works fine. Even reset the comp completely, but still only gets on for a minute then... nothing.

With that, I guess not making too many post before the the Jan. 11th date wont be so hard after all. I can only post from work and that means less. As to that... Shann had made a post sometime back about me getting the post numbers 11,111 on the same date, and how cool it would be. So..... :wink:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:49 am

OK - Does anybody else realize that there always seems to be 2 of us missing at any given time from this thread?? I find that kind of odd. Now that I'm back, and hopefully Lauren's back for a while, who's going to disappear next??

Anyway - I've started a blog. Not about anything in particular ... just stuff. If you are interested, here's the link:

Da Bus Stop

Only one entry so far - will finish the history tomorrow, then get into ... ummm ... whatever :roll:

If you feel like it you can comment, or ask me questions ro whatever.

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:56 am

OK Tim- am I losing it? There was an adorable little girl in your last post and and I went back a page to see if you talked about her. I came back and she is gone!
Barb Culler

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:09 am

One of us is losing it :mrgreen:

When I copied the link from photobucket it linked to the wrong pic for some reason :roll:

The girl was the girl from Poltergeist, and she was part of a discussion about 4 years ago.

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:21 am

That's funny! A child from Poltergeist appears and disappears- just like that!
Barb Culler

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:54 am

JesusPuppy wrote:YAAAAAAAAt Little Bird. So are you going to try for 80,000? :lol:
Naw, I don't have that much more story to write. Not sure exactly how many words it'll be, though.

Hey, everyone, I have something important to ask you. Do you feel that using God's name as a swear word is offensive? A lot of G-rated movies use God's name in vain, but G in definition is a movie that has "nothing in language... that would offend parents whose young children veiw the motion picture."

My good FaithWriter friend, Lisa Mikitarian, has felt led to ask for basic respect for our Holy God. We've written the film companies asking them to remove God's name in vain from G-rated movies, but they have ignored us. They give this respect to the gay community, to minority culture groups, and many other people by not allowing slurs against those groups. But they refuse to even discuss giving Christians the same respect.

So to make an attempt to be heard and to have them pay attention to us, Lisa is asking for people to boycott films made by these companies. December is the most popular movie viewing month, so she's asking that we avoid theaters and avoid renting and buying movies during next month.

Who's with us? Are you willing to forgo a month of movie entertainment in order to ask for basic respect for our God?
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

srashmi

Post by srashmi » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:08 am

Hi everyone! I'm back. Had a great weekend. :)

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:13 am

I posted to Lisa about the Boycot, and yes I am part of it. But, I don't see myself as being a great part, as I dont watch movies anyway. :oops:

Another lunch time check in.

Hiya Seema, welcome back. How was the holiday?

Tim, I too have notice that two are missing, and yes it is odd, but aren't we all. :lol:

Next it will probably be me that dissappears.... if I make more than the set number of post before the due date. I will have to cut back... just a little bit. :wink:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:42 am

Hey everyone. Glad you all enjoyed the pics of Owami. Tiara her name means 'Child of mine' or 'my child'. Pretty neat don't you think?
We are going to adopt her legally. I spoke with the social worker today and there is a new law passed which allows us to request 'parental responsibility'. So I will have to speak to a lawyer for this so I would appreciate prayers for the funds to get the lawyer to assist in this matter. I have been told that I can go directly to the commissioner of the courts but heck this is SA. It will be far more effecient and quicker using a lawyer so that is why the finances comes into play.
This disappearing act we all seem to pull............. rather fascinating. I just smile when I notice how everyone misses one another. Just shows you ..... we are family!!!!!!!!!!
Leonie (My friends call me Blueberry (or was it Boobelly?))

http://www.stanley1126.wordpress.com

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:12 am

LStanley wrote:Hey everyone. Glad you all enjoyed the pics of Owami. Tiara her name means 'Child of mine' or 'my child'. Pretty neat don't you think?
We are going to adopt her legally. I spoke with the social worker today and there is a new law passed which allows us to request 'parental responsibility'. So I will have to speak to a lawyer for this so I would appreciate prayers for the funds to get the lawyer to assist in this matter. I have been told that I can go directly to the commissioner of the courts but heck this is SA. It will be far more effecient and quicker using a lawyer so that is why the finances comes into play.
This disappearing act we all seem to pull............. rather fascinating. I just smile when I notice how everyone misses one another. Just shows you ..... we are family!!!!!!!!!!
Oh that's neat! So you guys are enjoying her and she settling in nicely with you guys then I take it? I'll for sure be praying for you guys and the founds to get the lawyer so you can get your little Owami!
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:14 am

OKay I'm sooo happy my little counter finally! FINALLY say that, 'that this rate you will finish on Nov 30' HEEEEEEEEHEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!! I'm going to write till I finish all 50k words tomorrow!... rather when I wake back up around noon!.
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

[email protected]
TiaraJoy's Profile

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:01 am

Sparrow wrote: Hey, everyone, I have something important to ask you. Do you feel that using God's name as a swear word is offensive?
Do I like it? - No
Do I get so offended that it bothers me? - No
Does it make me sad to hear people say it? - Yes
Go I think people understand the gravity or meaning of what they say? - No

It is an interesting question. I'll have to check in later - running late for work ... already. :?

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:03 am

b24bomb wrote:
AnneRene' wrote:BTW....YOU TOO BUTTONS.....WE MISS YOU! JUST A SHORT LITTLE HI...OK? Just want to know you're okay.
I'm here, I'm here, I'm here!! :shock:

Sorry I haven't been around, but it's only been a week or so, hasn't it? :lol: All I know is that there are a lot of pages that I don't feel like catching up on. :P

I'm fine. Just been focusing on school, then relaxing this week. :)
Well Hot Diggity Darn....I've honestly been thinking A LOT about you missy, and I know you have a full load of classes so glad to hear you've been able to relax....we miss you around here...that's all, so Luv Hugs and Prayers Buttons and thanx for checking in and don't make me hunt you down again...even if you only have time to leave a Smiley face...that's all....just one itty bitty Smiley face will tell us you're alive and kicking. That's what I do with Kimi when she goes out of town....she doesn't have to call and talk....just one itty bitty Smiley face when she gets there and one when she's on her way home. It's just concern and love and caring and...okay, okay...maybe just a tad bit of being obnoxious. :heehee

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:08 am

AnneRene' wrote:
b24bomb wrote:
AnneRene' wrote:BTW....YOU TOO BUTTONS.....WE MISS YOU! JUST A SHORT LITTLE HI...OK? Just want to know you're okay.
I'm here, I'm here, I'm here!! :shock:

Sorry I haven't been around, but it's only been a week or so, hasn't it? :lol: All I know is that there are a lot of pages that I don't feel like catching up on. :P

I'm fine. Just been focusing on school, then relaxing this week. :)
Well Hot Diggity Darn....I've honestly been thinking A LOT about you missy, and I know you have a full load of classes so glad to hear you've been able to relax....we miss you around here...that's all, so Luv Hugs and Prayers Buttons and thanx for checking in and don't make me hunt you down again...even if you only have time to leave a Smiley face...that's all....just one itty bitty Smiley face will tell us you're alive and kicking. That's what I do with Kimi when she goes out of town....she doesn't have to call and talk....just one itty bitty Smiley face when she gets there and one when she's on her way home. It's just concern and love and caring and...okay, okay...maybe just a tad bit of being obnoxious. :heehee
You obnoxious - never :!: :!: It's called caring :!: :!:
Leonie (My friends call me Blueberry (or was it Boobelly?))

http://www.stanley1126.wordpress.com

Return to “The Water Cooler”