Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

IvyKat
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by IvyKat » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:08 am

CONGRATS AMYKINS!!! Good job!

I'm restarting my NaNo :heehee My new plan is to finish by the end of the year. I will conquer this ridiculously stubborn plot.
JesusPuppy wrote:If I only make 2.4 post per-day I will have 11111 posts on 1-11-11. :lol:
That sounds impossible :mrgreen: :P :sofa

HOLLYPOP keep at it. I'm so proud of you for going back to school. You are amazing. Oh, and thanks for the cute pictures -- I always enjoy them. :)

I'm going back to school tomorrow morning. I've had a ridiculously relaxing weekend, so I'm all recharged just in time for finals. I can't believe this term is almost over. :shock:

Now I need to finish packing before I go to bed :(
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:42 am

Oh, I'm excited you're planning to finish your novel. Good for you! So glad you had a restful holiday, too. :) Hope you have a safe trip back. Good night!

I better get to bed...gotta interpret in the morning. Now I'm all buzzed from finishing the 50k line, though. :lol:
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:49 am

I wish the boards had a like button! for you Amy.
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:09 am

YAY AMY!!! :superhappy :clap :clap :clap :clap :D
Barb Culler

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:32 am

YAY Amy!

I don't think I'm as sick as Shann. Shann, you sound terrible i really hope you get better soon!

Holly, No I really can't go to the doctor at all. I might as well wait for the new year because I can be on my dad's insurance so I will be insured soon.

My chest hurts more on the right side but it feels more like my ribs. (maybe from coughing) my chest does hurt some but I'm wondering if I hurt it again because it hurt from the car accident.

I didn't sleep last night because my stomach hurt so bad.
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:47 am

Anyone heard from Tim?

YAAAAAAAAt Little Bird. So are you going to try for 80,000? :lol:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:55 am

Hellooooooo Friendbobs!!!

I am feeling better. Still not sure what is wrong though. Owami is doing fantastic. She is eating a heck of a lot and she is gaining wait. I went clothes shopping for her and I have never seen such excitement from a child before when she opened the bags of shopping.
It was very emotional for me. I was convinced that she was going to pass out because it seemed that she was not breathing. It was very precious.

I am proud of all the NaNo participants!!!! Holly I am also busy studying and at times find it very difficult to concentrate but I will get through this. I can kick myself for waiting sooooooo long but at least I have finally committed to doing this. I am about half way done with the diploma.

P.S I have not gone back to all the previous pages so if I have missed the important bits (I know everything is important) please let me know. :oops:
Leonie (My friends call me Blueberry (or was it Boobelly?))

http://www.stanley1126.wordpress.com

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:09 pm

JoyAnn wrote:I wish the boards had a like button! for you Amy.

This is for you Terror 'cuz you are adorable and what a great idea, so here's one for your idea! :D

And Miss Amykins.....
AND

And little Miss Beakers.....I am so encouraged and relieved about you getting on your Dad's insurance after the first. You know, my mom broke a rib from coughing so it's very possible, but I'm thinking the the cartilage may have gotten pulled away from your rib from coughing since it takes sooooooo long to heal and I'd forgotten about the car accident. Any chance you can get your hands on some cough syrup with guaifen it? Mucinex and Robitussin has it in it and it DOES work...It thins the mucous in your air passages so you can get all the stuff out and your cough is productive. Just done get the DECONGESTENT if you have high blood pressure.

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:20 pm

I've been wondering about Timmy-Tot, too, so went and checked if FB page and he posted 8 hours ago. HEY, TIMMY..........COME SAY HI, WE MISS YOU!

Hi Boo....glad to hear from you and my heart was so warmed at picturing Owami...glad your feeling better and will pray whatever isn't right...will just go away and you will feel back to normal....amen? AMEN! :D and as for being half way through school AND working full-time AND having a new member to your beautiful family.....KUDOS.... :clap You deserve an applause!

BTW....YOU TOO BUTTONS.....WE MISS YOU! JUST A SHORT LITTLE HI...OK? Just want to know you're okay.

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:39 pm

Hey Hollypops. You are not doing bad yourself!!!! I have come to realize that everyone on here is an achiever in their unique way. Everytime I read here I always think 'Man I am sure I can do more', but it is all about perception. When I read your post about what I am doing I realized that I am doing my share. I asked my staff with our last meeting on Tuesday whether they have achieved anything for the year and pretty much everyone said 'No'. I had to agree with them that I have not achieved anything but then I got the wake-up shake. Thanks Holly :oops: :oops:

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:08 pm

YAY, glad I could be of service...always does my heart good and glad to boot that whimpy devil away from discouraging you and remind a fellow servant of our Savior of the true light of their faithfulness in being a wonderful wife, mamma, brother, sister, auntie, uncle, co-worker and christian friend!

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:33 pm

We do have this stuff my mom got and i think it's a sinus decongestant thing. I can't remember, and I don't have high blood pressure that I know of. I told mom about my stomach hurting all night and I didn't get any sleep, of course she's concerned and wanted to know if I'm upset about anything or nervous about anything. (long story) But i'm not. i think it's bug or something.

I just got home from church and my best friend made me cry. She got up at the prayer request and praises time and said what she is thankful for because she missed church the night before Thanksgiving and so she wanted to do it this morning.

She said she is thankful for everyone in the church, she is thankful for her best friend (and this is where she looked right at me and nodded her head at my direction), she is thankful for everyone who has been there for her and her family and has said a prayer for them this past year since her Dad passed away. She is thankful that her father is with Jesus. :cry:
Dum Spiro Spero

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:54 pm

Awww....This too, warmed my ever lovin little heart...what a Blessing for such friends and God Bless you for being there for her! She definitely has a humble heart which is always refreshing and uplifting to be around.

As for your tummy...sinus drainage can also give you a tummy ache and it hurts...I used to think I had a bug, yet I could eat and actually wanted to eat as it seemed to make it feel better at the moment anyway but then it would come right back...so are you taking anything like benadry or something? Try it and see if tummy ache goes away...ok?

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:17 pm

AnneRene' wrote:so are you taking anything like benadry or something? Try it and see if tummy ache goes away...ok?
I haven't been taking anything for a few days but obviously i need to be. :| :(
Dum Spiro Spero

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:16 pm

Before I go to bed tonight I am going to attempt to post a photo of Owami. (I must just find my password for Photobucket, okay??!!)

All this heartwarming stuff has done me good. :P :P :P :P

Return to “The Water Cooler”