Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

JoyAnn
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by JoyAnn » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:37 pm

Sparrow wrote:Leonie, great to see you! Had been wondering about you.

Shann, how frustrating about the gifts. Hope it all works out. Doubly frustrating that you still are feeling so badly. (((hugs and prayers)))

Tiara, wow, good for you at catching up to NaNo!! W00t! My characters just got caught by the police. :shock:
Thanks! and Whoa for you! too you are progressing in your story well!
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:09 pm

Hi again everybody! Sorry your sick Boo.....Hugs and Prayers!

Shannikins...you found some spectacular deals....hope they do send them. Kimi was into baking at Lyd's age too....and I loved it. Baking is not my thing...now roasts and such...I love to cook to fall apart perfection. Sorry your sick too honeykins....Hugs and Prayers!

Pup...what's with the 115 til Jan something and all the boxes. Are you gifting yourself? :heehee And what's going on with the bathroom ceiling and why do you have to fix it or is it that you want to so it gets done right?

Thinkin 'bout all the rest of you but for some reason especially you Buttons....are you okay? I'm praying for you either way. I'm gonna go picture hunting to spice this place up....be right back!

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:13 pm

This one's just to hold you over til I get back. :)

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:14 pm

If I only make 2.4 post per-day I will have 11111 posts on 1-11-11. :lol:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:28 pm

Okay Guys...you don't have to comment, I know these are cute and y'all will enjoy them. I just get a complex when I post and nobody responds after about 3 or so :roll:

See ya guys later....gonna go relax a bit....been doing school work all day long, but I'll check back later. Want to see how Terror's doing.

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:40 pm

Hi guys, gals and pups. sorry I haven't posted in... 48 hours? :roll:

I am still sick, been in bed all day. I slept in later than usual and then felt so exhausted all day long I stayed in bed. Now my stomach has been bothering me, more so after I eat. I also noticed my chest and back is starting to hurt more too, especially when I breathe in deep. :|

Okay, I can't stay sitting up for too long. I feel like I'm about to blow chunks. i hope everyone else is doing good and am praying for those who are also sick. :love2
Dum Spiro Spero

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:25 pm

Oh Beakers....really sounds bad...are your parents in a position to pay for a Dr. visit? I know how it is not having insurance and not having someone in a position to help you either, so if they can't...are you able to get Medi-caid or Medi-Cal...don't know what they call it back there. Anyway....if you have a bacterial infection you have to get some antibiotics. Or, anyone you know who can get you any? Keeping you in my prayers honey.

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:48 pm

Holly, the pics made me smile. :) Do you have finals coming up? My math final is on the 8th or something like that. Next week will be crazy with play rehersals and math. At least everything is just in the evening, so I'll be able to sleep in and stuff.

Becky, I was just wondering how you were doing. You sound like you've got the same thing as Shann. :? Doesn't sound fun.

I'm a little stiff today, but not bad. Got 3,000 words written so far. The end is soooo close! I want to just keep writing, but need to do some math homework, I guess. I did glance over the sermon notes, since I'm interpreting before I dash off to play practice. I'm glad it's warmed up because the roads to the practice wouldn't be fun in the ice.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:57 pm

Love the pics, Holly!

I did some heavy-duty house-cleaning today. So, that is an invite for an asthma flare-up because of all the dust. (There was plenty of dust :oops: )
My cat loved watching me work, and when I had to take frequent rest breaks (arthritis in hips and back) she was purring next to me!

Shann, how are you doing today? :love2
Sorry you are soooo sick, Becky :(
Sorry for you, too, Boo. :hugs2
Barb Culler

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:24 am

I'm at 42,480 words and just started chapter eighteen....i'm taking a break to eat. but will be back on in a bit to finish my personal goal today.
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:24 am

Ms. Barbie wrote:Love the pics, Holly!

I did some heavy-duty house-cleaning today. So, that is an invite for an asthma flare-up because of all the dust. (There was plenty of dust :oops: )
My cat loved watching me work, and when I had to take frequent rest breaks (arthritis in hips and back) she was purring next to me!

Shann, how are you doing today? :love2
Sorry you are soooo sick, Becky :(
Sorry for you, too, Boo. :hugs2
Awwww, our kittys are such great companions and so full of love and they really do know when we don't feel good. I was right there with you with the dust...does the same thing to me. As for the arthritis...ouweeeee, me too...hips, back and thumbs. This damp 38 degree weather is doing a number on me and then I've been doing stretches and nothing in me liked that, but I'm stubborn and not gonna let it win! :)

Amy, you sure do have a lot on your plate and I can't believe you did NaNo to boot....I just couldn't do it. I have 3 more weeks until 1st semester over, so 2 more weeks before finals, plus these are crammed courses 9 months - 1 year but I'm doing really well.

I'm watching a movie right now, the Family Stone, haven't seen it before but looks cute...Diane Keaton and Sara Jessica Parker being a little tightly wound girlfriend in a huge family who doesn't like her so far so gonna go snuggle in warm bed with whichever Kittys mosey on up with me.

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:27 am

AnneRene' wrote:Awwww, our kittys are such great companions
My kitties aren't allowed inside but have an insulated garage to sleep in. It keeps from getting too cold out there, but still chilly. In the well-below-freezing weather we were having, when I'd go out to cuddle my kitty she could curl all up in a tight ball on my lap and stick her nose between my knees or in my tummy. Poor thing thought she ought to have a warm girl to cuddle with all day on the cold days.
Amy, you sure do have a lot on your plate and I can't believe you did NaNo to boot....I just couldn't do it.[/color]
Remember that I'm only taking one class and it's proving to be quite simple so I'm not having to do much studying for it. Other than that I'm just interpreting once a week or so and that's all (except for the play practice, but that's new just this week). And I don't work or even do much housework, so really I'm not doing much. That's the only reason I've been able to do NaNo. Sure couldn't have done it any year before when I was in more school.

Sounds like they are keeping you busy! Glad your classes are going well, though. What degree are you studying toward? I know I've asked that before, but I don't remember seeing the answer....

Tiara, sorry I missed you on chat. I was in the other room doing math homework. Now I'm back to write a little more, yay!
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:10 am

GO TIARA...I really am so excited for you and downright impressed! :superhappy

Well Amyikins...I guess it was all the back to back stuff you had going on and your ups and downs not feeling well, so still....you are doing great with interpreting and math and group stuff and Nano and Peculiar People don't foreget. :) I'm going for A.A. with emphasis in Information Technology. I want to learn how to design Web pages....NOT be a computer wizard....like no way.

Nite nite guys....see's ya in the morning and truly wishing and hoping and praying that tomorrow will greet Shannikins and Boo and Beakers feeling a whole lot better.

Oh before I go....one more paging a Ms. Buttons. :mrgreen:

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:33 am

Oh, now that you mention Information Technology that sounds familiar. That'll be cool. If you need a web page to design for school, you can redo the PeP page. :mrgreen: It's rather unimpressive right now.

My back and wrist are sore, but I only have like 800 words to go. I can't talk myself into stopping now!! I've written a record 4,000 words today--will be 5,000 by the time I go to bed. :shock: :!: I think I might end up deleting a lot of what I wrote today eventually, because it's just a lot of discription of a doctor appointment and stuff, but we'll see. At any rate, it's developing the story!

Must go find some food now, though.
Amy Michelle Wiley

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:58 am

I DID IT!!!!

Now my goal is to get to "the end" by Tues or at least by the end of the week.
Amy Michelle Wiley

Return to “The Water Cooler”