Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

AnneRene'
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by AnneRene' » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:57 pm

Oh, gosh that breaks my heart. How tragic, especially after she endured watching her husband go through it. Does she know the Lord? I so, so hope so. If not, it's never ever too late and will keep a vigil that she will. What's her first name? If your not comfortable giving it to me, that's kewl as I know God know's who I'm talking about, it just helps me sort through those I pray for and not forget anyone.

As for your brows....I thought they may have been done professionally, they are goigeous, lush and have a perfect arch....Carmindy on What Not To Wear would probably put you on a poster or something...she adores lush brows and detests penciled in ones. :) It's gonna bug me on who you remind me of, so come on peeps....think!

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:02 pm

AnneRene' wrote:Oh, gosh that breaks my heart. How tragic, especially after she endured watching her husband go through it. Does she know the Lord? I so, so hope so. If not, it's never ever too late and will keep a vigil that she will. What's her first name? If your not comfortable giving it to me, that's kewl as I know God know's who I'm talking about, it just helps me sort through those I pray for and not forget anyone.

Her name is Sally-Ann. She does know the Lord, about three years ago I came to the Lord myself, a month or two later after much prayer for so long both Sally-Ann and her husband came to know the Lord. My whole church was praying for them for months. I didn't know her husband very well but I have come to absolutely adore Sally-Ann. I actually call her Mommom like my friend does and my friend calls my grandparents Nanny and Grandpa just like I do. :lol:

As for your brows....I thought they may have been done professionally, they are goigeous, lush and have a perfect arch....Carmindy on What Not To Wear would probably put you on a poster or something...she adores lush brows and detests penciled in ones. :) It's gonna bug me on who you remind me of, so come on peeps....think!
yup, actually my friend's sister did them and our nails. Although I've gotten major good comments on my brows even before I had them done professionally. :wink:
Dum Spiro Spero

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:05 pm

wowowow, I wish I could draw, er, carve like that, Shelley! Beautiful heron.

I took SisJ to the doctor for an asthma test today and we thought it was going to be a half an hour appointment and ended up taking about two hours. :| Now I'm rather worn out. They decided she does have asthma, though, and that's a good thing because it's a treatable explaination for some of her breathing problems.

I am ready for a day off. But have a long day tomorrow and need to do a little homework before then, ug. Then Wednesday I can stay home and rest all day.
Ummm... if you get it finished, why not try to publish it.
I'm planning to try to publish mine through a traditional publisher. First lots and lots of revisions and having lots of people critiquing it and all that, but I have it planned out and should be looking for an agent sometime next year. :)

Becky, will pray for your friend.

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:56 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:
JoyAnn wrote:And Pup I don't think they will be publish only the winners are sometimes published...I believe.
Ummm... if you get it finished, why not try to publish it.. :roll:

Just a thought there, but.... You know. :wink:

I know, but that's a lot of work, disappointment and tears I don't want to experience right now.
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:59 pm

I'm loving the new photo's of everyone..that I though I would change mine so...take a vote!

~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:04 am

Beakers.....YOU MADE MY HEART SING about Sally-Ann and so, so glad that you are close to her. Truly does my heart good, so thank you for sharing! Keep us posted, ok? Also glad to hear you belong to a body of believers who will support Sally-Ann along with you. Watch your overload meter, kiddo.

Shelleykins....Wow, your a writer and an Artist....That Heron is unbelievablly spectacular. How long did it take you? Ya know....you could probably make a fortune selling tiles like that. As for the copper quartzite stone...those colors are remarkable. Did you hand pick them?

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:42 am

JoyAnn wrote:I'm loving the new photo's of everyone..that I though I would change mine so...take a vote!

You little 'precious' doll you!....Seriously, I like both pictures.....SOOOOOO CUTE! okay, I vote for the top one. There's my 2 Cents. :)

IvyKat

Post by IvyKat » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:43 am

Thanks for making me laugh all the time, you guys! Tazzykins, I vote for the first one... TOO adorable.

I have a funny story for you too. Last night my roommate went to sleep way before I did, so in an effort to not disturb her, I went out to the study room on our floor to do my homework. Around 11:30, she tells me, she woke up and saw that I wasn't in the room. She laid there for a while trying to figure out where I was, and what she should do if I didn't come back. Then as she tried to think with her tired brain, the thought floated through her mind, "Maybe she's a werewolf..."

:heehee :rolling :rolling :rolling

I love Arryn. She's hilarious. YAY for awesome roommates! :loveyou
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

IvyKat

Post by IvyKat » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:47 am

I have a homework assignment for linguistics tomorrow, and on Wednesday I have a midterm, a paper, a Japanese composition, and a book to read. I don't think I'mma be doing any NaNo anytime soon.

But I went and talked to the linguistics adviser today, and he told me two awesome things: 1. I'm totally on track to graduate with Honors in Linguistics, and 2. I can quit Japanese and take ASL next year instead. WOOT WOOT! Yeeeeee-hah. SO glad I went and talked to him.

LOVE Y'ALLS!
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:57 am

Well, even if you were a werewolf, you'd be a CUTE ONE! :heehee Image

And YAY for doing ASL next year AND DOUBLE YAY FOR KEWL ROOMMATES! Keep your chin up for midterm....You'll be home for Thanksgiving before you know it!

Hey Pup, Shannikins and Barbarino......thinkin 'bout you guys!!!!!

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:08 am

Thinking about me before bedtime will cause nightmares. :lol:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:19 am

IvyKat wrote:Thanks for making me laugh all the time, you guys! Tazzykins, I vote for the first one... TOO adorable.

I have a funny story for you too. Last night my roommate went to sleep way before I did, so in an effort to not disturb her, I went out to the study room on our floor to do my homework. Around 11:30, she tells me, she woke up and saw that I wasn't in the room. She laid there for a while trying to figure out where I was, and what she should do if I didn't come back. Then as she tried to think with her tired brain, the thought floated through her mind, "Maybe she's a werewolf..."

:heehee :rolling :rolling :rolling

I love Arryn. She's hilarious. YAY for awesome roommates! :loveyou
Hahahahahah Oh that's to funny!
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

[email protected]
TiaraJoy's Profile

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:21 am

JesusPuppy wrote:Thinking about me before bedtime will cause nightmares. :lol:
Hahahahahahahahaahahahahaha.....

What does that have anything to do with it?
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

[email protected]
TiaraJoy's Profile

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:22 am

Did someone post something about having a nightmare and me just not see it?
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

[email protected]
TiaraJoy's Profile

kahoosbt
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by kahoosbt » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:30 am

Tiara--those are both great pictures, but I vote for the first one, too. It is *so* cute! 8)

LOL about the werewolf comment, Ivy...too cute! Sounds like you have a fun roommate! :D

As for the heron, I'm not really sure how long it took. I worked at it a bit at a time. If I had to guess I'd say maybe 6 hours? I'm really not sure. And as for making a fortune...nah... Let's just say that the chances of making a fortune in that is about the same as making a fortune in writing! :wink:

And on the tiles, I found a great deal (do you notice a recurring theme? :mrgreen:) on a whole pallet of the quartzite stone, so they weren't pre-chosen as in buying just the pieces we wanted, but I did a lot of sorting through them and did choose which pieces I wanted to go where when we put them down. There's also a direction to the clefting on them (kind of like a "nap" on some fabric) and we chose which way that should be set, too.

Well, I'm going to finish watching "Chase" and then it's bedtime for me.

Night, all!

Shelley

Return to “The Water Cooler”