Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

LStanley
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by LStanley » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:15 pm

BusBoss wrote:Probably bordering on TMI, but I just realized that my shirt, socks underwear and hair tie all matched today 8)

:|

No ... I won't be posting pictures :shock:

:?

And I'm not going to say what color, either :roll:
Maybe someone else asked this question already, but are we allowed to guess the color? :roll: :roll:
Leonie (My friends call me Blueberry (or was it Boobelly?))

http://www.stanley1126.wordpress.com

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:39 pm

LStanley wrote:
BusBoss wrote:Probably bordering on TMI, but I just realized that my shirt, socks underwear and hair tie all matched today 8)

Maybe someone else asked this question already, but are we allowed to guess the color? :roll: :roll:
Sure ...

I already gave the answer after a few guesses, but go ahead and guess ... I'm interested to see what you think it was 8)

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:00 pm

AnneRene' wrote:Ooooops, sorry...I meant to put this on my first post....only on page 508 and gonna try to make it through an entire page before posting, but this copy and rewinds stuff is hard on the 'ole memory. I keep forgetting to paste, after I copy before I rewind. :shock:
Don't worry, I quote and answer to something and then can't remember which page I was on??????????????

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:15 pm

BusBoss wrote:
LStanley wrote:

Sure ...

I already gave the answer after a few guesses, but go ahead and guess ... I'm interested to see what you think it was 8)
Sorry have not been on too much lately. How about teal green?

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:18 pm

LStanley wrote: Sorry have not been on too much lately. How about teal green?
Don't be sorry ... always good to see you 8)

And not teal ... or any other green.

I actually like teal, but don't think I have anything in that color :?

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:24 pm

Well Friendbobs I have just spent the last hour reading all the pages. Owami is doing fine and Shann her name translates to 'My child' in English.
She is doing fine now. We had some smiles from her today and she spoke to me. I almost fell into the bath as I was busy running her water when she spoke behind me.
She does not show any emotion so it is quite challenging to deal with her. But as I have mentioned things are getting better. I told her yesterday that sign language will no longer be used. She has to stop nodding her head for 'yes' and actually say the word. Unfortunately for Owami I have a lot of patience being an ex-teacher.
After I gave her the smack on the rear end yesterday I left her in her room for about 2 minutes. I went back to the dining room and realised that all is quiet. I went to have a look and she cleared all the toys off her bed and got into bed. I picked her out of bed and informed her that we don't sulk in this house.
So yes, it has been fun. She is really very cute and I will post some photo's of her unpacking a box of goodies my sister sent her yesterday.
The boys are doing well Shann. Charl (the youngest) has taken her under his wing. When I am in the office he is the one doing the checking and discipline (verbally).

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:27 pm

Tim I have it!!!!!! Yellow, school bus yellow :!: :wink:

I will be back later to chat again. My son needs to use my laptop to go onto FB. :roll:

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:38 pm

LStanley wrote:Tim I have it!!!!!! Yellow, school bus yellow :!: :wink:

I will be back later to chat again. My son needs to use my laptop to go onto FB. :roll:
With flashing red lights :lol: :lol:

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:38 pm

And a stop sign on my ... ummm ... :shock: ... my uh ... :oops:

IvyKat

Post by IvyKat » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:49 pm

AnneRene' wrote:Okay, once more....Ivykins....you didn't make any grostesque mistakes or any that I saw for that matter and remember what I've said before, this is only temporary and this part of your life will one day be a memory that you'll cherish forever and share with your kids. Also, even Pennsylvaina can't put a wedge between the closeness you and Zackers share...so be content....did you hear that....content....where God has placed you right now and just keep savoring the times that you are home and each time you leave, remember again and again...it's only temporary. As for the tiredness....iron is pretty important. I used to give Kimi an artichoke a week and it really helped. Of course we push salads and all green "leafy" veggies. Leaving you with hugs.
THANK YOU Hollypop. I try to remember, but it's hard to be uprooted. I never really understood that before, but it really feels like I've been ripped up by the roots, and not gently, either. And if you ever feel like moving to Seattle.......!!!! :D :D :D
JesusPuppy wrote:
b24bomb wrote:
IvyKat wrote:This weekend is way, way, way, way, way too short. Wah! But I'll be home again for Thanksgiving, I suppose, for four glorious days. :| But I miss Zach horribly (did I mention that he moved to Pennsylvania and I won't see him until May? If so, did I mention I've been crying nonstop about it?). I'm feeling down and lonely, even though I have great friends, because they're not my family, you know? And I've never been apart from Zach for this long. Ugh. Now talking about it is making me tear up again. Sorry for rambling. I'm too tired to see if this post made any sense, so I'm just going to post it and hope I don't regret it tomorrow. Goodnight folks.
What? He actually moved there? I thought he just went for Ayden's wedding.
He did.. but they decided to keep him hostage in the basement to keep the alien company. :shock:
That's actually fairly accurate :heehee

Yep, he ended up deciding to move there. He and Ayden and Dustin and Kourtney (Ayden's wife) are all getting an apartment together. Zach just had a job interview at a GameStop. It's going to be really good for him... I suppose... but I'm selfish like that :(
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

IvyKat

Post by IvyKat » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:50 pm

BusBoss wrote:And a stop sign on my ... ummm ... :shock: ... my uh ... :oops:
Your face? :? Your chest? I don't get it :heehee
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

Shann

Post by Shann » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:19 pm

Hi all I just wanted to drop in real quick and ask my dear friends for prayers for my dear friend Patty (Iam4Him). She sent me an email and is really down in the dumps. She submitted stories the last couple of weeks after not being around for a long time. She seems really sad and I'm worried. I know Tim Pup Tiara Holly and Barbshould all know who I'm talking about. If any of you want to reach out to her and let her know she is missed and loved I do believe it would do her heart good. Thanks.

Ivy I'm sorry your heart is hurting. I love you and am praying for you. Keep your chin up and your eyes on the Lord.

Hang in there Leonie. There will be good days and bad days.

I love you all. Take care of each other!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:26 pm

IvyKat wrote:
On his forehead......duh!!
Right Tim :?: :mrgreen:

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:46 pm

LStanley wrote:
IvyKat wrote:
Let's just say that if I'm not careful the spacing between the ST and the OP may be off a bit :roll:

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:54 pm

BusBoss wrote:
LStanley wrote:
IvyKat wrote: Your face? :? Your chest? I don't get it :heehee
Let's just say that if I'm not careful the spacing between the ST and the OP may be off a bit :roll:
:rolling :rolling

Return to “The Water Cooler”