Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

tonguethaid
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by tonguethaid » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:30 pm

So I'm not sure why I feel like I have to make up for 10 pages in one post :roll:

By the way my son is the cutest ever- and when I get some time I will have to post some of the cute pictures I have taken the last couple of weeks. It will melt you heart :wink:
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:44 pm

Howdy! :mrgreen:
Dum Spiro Spero

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:21 pm

Hiya, Becky. :)

Whooo, I'm tired. Maybe will get a bit of energy to write tonight but not counting on it. Very sleepy. The memorial service was good, though. Brings back so many good childhood memories. My family spent a ton of time with this family that just lost the dad. He was a really solid, great Christian guy. Now that I'm an adult we don't see them as often, so the pain of loss isn't as sharp, but weird to think that he's gone, and both his daughters were having an especially hard time.

Was good to see lots of old friends. Lots of standing, though... and then music practice was good but more standing (I do try to sit down when I can, but interpreting music is easier to go with the flow if you're standing).
BusBoss wrote:Do you know how to cure stupidity, arrogance, indifference and a complete disregard for laws, policies and the safety of children?
No, I don't. Sorry. :?
Yes Shannikins she finally got to sleep and you are right she is testing her boundaries. This morning she pulled a stunt at the breakfast table soooo mommy Leonie, grabbed her and marched her to the bedroom. On the way there she let rip with a long wail and of course I reacted with a firm smack on the rear end. So yes we had our first little incident.
How'd she react to that? :P Hope she's doing better today.

Kara, would love to see pics! Sorry you didn't get to see all the funeral but glad you got to spend some time with his family.

Hi, everyone else!
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:33 pm

Hi Guys...I did it, I entered my first word count for NaNo and figured out how to use the avatar thingy. My word count is 2,500 words. And I'm only behind about 12,000 words. :heehee But hey...at least I'm in there! I have to catch up again, BUT I WON'T POST EACH TIME MY FUNNY BONE GETS TICKLED. I PROMISE! Be back when I'm done!!

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:43 pm

BusBoss wrote:OK - I've had a brutal week with the last few days being brutaler :?: most brutalest :roll: But after reading what you all have been doing the last few days, my week seems like a walk in the park.

Praying for all of you :grouphug3
Praying 4 u too Buddy!
Ms. Barbie wrote:No Tim, we all have our levels of brutal, and this is where we can vent about it.

Anyone want to run away with me? Not sure where to go, but far far away from reality for a short time.

Of course, I have friends that live there, so we are welcomed anytime!
Barb...I live there! :)...actually if I ever get in a position to leave Sacramento, going to Washington or Oregon. Love the coast, hate the heat. :)
Ms. Barbie wrote:Hey guys, there is a SHANN FAN CLUB going on in the Highest Ranking for letter writing forum! :D :superhappy :clap :clap
I need specific directions...I couldn't find it. :(
Sparrow wrote:Agg, Shann, I hate insurances, really, I do. Sometimes I think it would almost be cheaper and better just to pay for stuff out of pocket, but that doesn't work with us sickies.

Tim, Holly, Barb, wish I could fix every thing.

Amy, you're such a sweetheart, but I'm confused again! :roll: What's wrong with me? :heehee
Whoo, noticed before I left for the Deaf event that I was having trouble typing--everything was coming out a bit of a jumble. Then when I went to order a drink at the Starbucks we were at, I said my order and the cashier just looked at me kinda funny and waited. Then I realized I'd gotten out only about half the words I'd planned, if that. Had a bit of trouble with the ASL, too, lol. But got a little better into the evening. I find it interesting that my cognative problems affect my language center no matter which kind of language expression it is--spoken, written, or signed. :P
JoyAnn wrote:Hey Amy...how did you get the nano word count thingy at the bottom of your sig?
At the top of the NaNo page click on the "fun stuff" drop-down menu and then on "word count widgets." Pick the one you want and copy and paste in you sig here, but the html has to be different. Just take the url and put [ img ] without the spaces before it and [ / img ] after it.
JesusPuppy wrote:Lunch time here. and with a small load tonight (already 3/4 the way done) we have to take the whole hour long break. If anyone is awake and sees this.... pray harder for my sanity. :roll:

I "extremely dislike" nights like this. (Notice I didnt say HATE.. I am trying not to say HATE as much, as I hate saying HATE when speaking of work.)
:heehee
Rebecky wrote:Well, I am awake and ready to start my busy week. I am going to pay for it too. My back is already sore so I know by tomorrow afternoon I'm going to be in trouble.

I have an idea, maybe we can all take a trip into my novel, to my MC's dreams :mrgreen:

It's beautiful there and you feel at total peace. The only problem is when you come back you feel the most exhausted you ever have in your entire life. :|
Ooooooooh Cool...I like your story already!

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:46 pm

Ooooops, sorry...I meant to put this on my first post....only on page 508 and gonna try to make it through an entire page before posting, but this copy and rewinds stuff is hard on the 'ole memory. I keep forgetting to paste, after I copy before I rewind. :shock:

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:18 pm

b24bomb wrote:Hi all, just checking in. Just got off the phone with one of my older sisters, who called me out of the blue. It was good to talk to her. I don't get much chance to talk to either of them, but I get to see them for Christmas! Yay!

Now I'm going to clean my room and work on a paper for Shakespeare. Then I'll get to finish making my earrings for church tomorrow. :D
LStanley wrote:
Shann wrote:I hope the little one goes to sleep soon Leonie! Maybe just tucking her in might work. It has to be scary for her though. But she might be feeling comfortable enough to start testing her boundaries.
Hellooooooooooo Friendbobs,

Yes Shannikins she finally got to sleep and you are right she is testing her boundaries. This morning she pulled a stunt at the breakfast table soooo mommy Leonie, grabbed her and marched her to the bedroom. On the way there she let rip with a long wail and of course I reacted with a firm smack on the rear end. So yes we had our first little incident.
Ah...Ha....I'm smiling - BIG TIME...the memories! :heehee Hang in there mamakins...I know it feels terrible but your doing what needs to be done and she'll be the better for it....as if you don't already know all this...just want to encourage you! It's such a different ball game when these little ones feel the need to finid out JUST how much you love 'em. :)
Rebecky wrote:
JesusPuppy wrote:And here I was really worried for you. Having such a rushed morning and all. Fine... burn the pie, blame me.. I don't care. :roll:

ummm... if you do, are you going to mail it to me. I like well cooked pies. :mrgreen:
It's in the oven now.... my back hurts like crazy right now... Ugh. (didn't really feel "good" to begin with) :(

Sure, aren't all ruined foods supposed to go to the dog? :heehee :joker2

kidding! :mrgreen:
Now THAT was good! :lol:
BusBoss wrote:
Rebecky wrote::redface2

*runs away and doesn't come back*
If you didn't come back how did you write this? :mrgreen:
And THIS is funny too! Good one! :D

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:28 pm

euugh! My back is absolutely killing me and I am dead dog tired!

Time for bed, at least I got some writing done for NaNo...

I'm going to go to sleep now before I begin to rant and make everyone else sadder than I am. :|
Dum Spiro Spero

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:40 pm

tonguethaid wrote:Hey guys.

What a crazy week. Plus my allergies have been acting up really bad so I've gone through the craziness in a daze.

So we joined my husbands family in the Quad cities for his grandma's funeral. I missed the ceremony due to a grouchy child, but heard bits and pieces.

I didn't get one good night of sleep for the past 4 days, between allergies, children, being freezing cold, and getting lost so getting to bed really late.

Anyhow I tried to catch up a bit on whats going on here. I haven't written anything all week! but I really didn't have any opportunity. It was really sad being with Nathan's grandpa- he is the sweetest old man and you can tell he is just heartbroken. He started crying when we said goodbye to him :( its just a hard time for his family. I only was able to meet her once, but I am glad that we could be there for the funeral.

Good job to all of you Nano's. Thinking of you Shann and Holly, and sorry for you work frustrations Barb and Buttbott- both of those are so not cool. Way to build boundaries Leonie, hope she starts feeling more at home.

and Hello to Seema, Leah, Shelley, Ivy, Amy, Terror, Becky, Buttons and of course Edweird
I am so sorry for you and Amy both going through these losses. It's just plain crummy feeling. Especiall yfor Nathan's grandpa, my heart truly aches for him. Does he have some of the family that lives close to him?
I hope you're getting some much needed sleep cutie! Glad to hear from you!!!!!
tonguethaid wrote:So I'm not sure why I feel like I have to make up for 10 pages in one post :roll:

By the way my son is the cutest ever- and when I get some time I will have to post some of the cute pictures I have taken the last couple of weeks. It will melt you heart :wink:
Can't wait, love to have my heart melted (with good things that is!) :)

Kewl....I made it! Ya know, I have this little confession to make...when I get behind on the posts, I'm always afraid that if I missed something that happened, that was bad...I will put my foot in my mouth and can just picture someone letting me know (gently and all) but I HATE...did you hear that Pup...H A T E putting my foot in mouth. ! :heehee

Well, my right shoulder and neck are K I L L I N G me (I'm right handed in case you wondered why I was detailed about the right shoulder....:) after being on this computer all day, so I'm off to heat up the rice bag and ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, lay flat!

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:45 pm

Rebecky wrote:euugh! My back is absolutely killing me and I am dead dog tired!

I'm going to go to sleep now before I begin to rant and make everyone else sadder than I am. :|
I sorry :(.....and like I told Timmy-Tot, rantings good! :) Nite-Nite Cutie!Image

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:09 am

AnneRene' wrote:
Sparrow wrote:Tim, Holly, Barb, wish I could fix every thing.
Amy, you're such a sweetheart, but I'm confused again! :roll: What's wrong with me? :heehee
Umm, I forget now, but I think you were having a bad day...? So glad you started on NaNo! Yay!

Becky, hope you get some rest tonight and feel better.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:11 am

Extra hour of sleep tonight for us-extra hour of work for Pup-bummer.

Hey Holly, good to hear from you!
Barb Culler

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:30 am

AnneRene' wrote:
Rebecky wrote:euugh! My back is absolutely killing me and I am dead dog tired!

I sorry :(.....and like I told Timmy-Tot, rantings good! :) Nite-Nite Cutie!Image
Now see this is precious...not that ugly little thing you tried to call precious last week.
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

IvyKat

Post by IvyKat » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:04 am

Hi folks. Praying for everyone. :hugs2

Had a great day with my family. I got to hold each of the four darling babies and toddlers that we're blessed with (two brothers and two nieces) and I got to talk and talk and talk and talk. And we had cake, and my mom gave me some advice (I'm malnourished, gah. Hate being a college student). And now I'm super tired, too tired to work on my NaNo, even though I'm way behind. AND I get to worry about homework!

This weekend is way, way, way, way, way too short. Wah! But I'll be home again for Thanksgiving, I suppose, for four glorious days. :| But I miss Zach horribly (did I mention that he moved to Pennsylvania and I won't see him until May? If so, did I mention I've been crying nonstop about it?). I'm feeling down and lonely, even though I have great friends, because they're not my family, you know? And I've never been apart from Zach for this long. Ugh. Now talking about it is making me tear up again. Sorry for rambling. I'm too tired to see if this post made any sense, so I'm just going to post it and hope I don't regret it tomorrow. Goodnight folks.
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:50 am

Ivy, I remember when my sisters went all the way across the U.S. to college in South Carolina. We only got to see them at Christmas and summer. It was horrible at first.... Mom and I would start crying when we set the table for dinner because we'd start to put too many plates on. It was almost like they'd died, only we got to talk to them on the phone sometimes.

Anyway, just to say I know how hard it is. It'll get easier, though. You'll still be close but the absences will be easier.

I haven't worked on my NaNo today, either. Tired. Maybe I can take a nap after church and get some written tomorrow.

Love ya'll! Good night.
Amy Michelle Wiley

Return to “The Water Cooler”