Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:02 am

Hi guys. Today has a bit more energy than tomorrow, especially since my morning thing got cancelled so I went back to bed. I think I might have aced my math test again. And no word on the job yet.

I ventured out with regular shoes today. :shock: Was a little tight on my toe so I won't do that yet for a long time out, but for just a few hours it worked.

Shann, the wheelchair sounded like a great idea to me. She'd rather have no Mom cheerleader than one in a wheelchair?

My NaNo characters just realized the squinty-eyed man is following them. :sofa Who is he?? He doesn't look like a cop or a social worker. Why is he following them?

Oh, and then they met Ivy's characters and are having a great conversation. :mrgreen: And maybe if they blend in with a family then the bad guy won't bug them.

OK, off to write more words. You know, this is about the furthest I've gotten in any of my other noveling attempts. I'm going all the way this time! I have 7474 words right now. (Isn't that a lovely number?)
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

srashmi
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by srashmi » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:35 am

Amy, keep writing. :thumbs Cheering on all the NaNo folks.

Shann, I don't understand your daughter's comment about being embarassed by you being in a wheelchair. She should be thankful you're willing and able to go.

Barb, how was the meeting? :hugs2

Congrats Barb and Amy for placing in the challenge. :superhappy

Hope everyone is doing well. :grouphug

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:46 am

srashmi wrote:Barb, how was the meeting? :hugs2
Thanks for asking! It went ok! I stayed around people so that I was not alone with her, and she acted very mellow, like nothing had ever happened. Praise God! Thanks for prayers! It's a start.
Barb Culler

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:58 am

Just a quick post.. from work. :roll:

They are still working on the line here and for some reason cant get it completed right. I can get on "Now-n-Then" but cant stay on for any length of time without having to reboot. They told me it is simple bugs with a new line and they should have it worked out soon.

Congrates to the winners of this weeks Challenge. Looking good Terror, making top 5 in your level... way to go. Now get back to writing your novel.

See you all when I can, if nothing else I can click on from here at work tomorrow night. Later folks, God bless.
Last edited by JesusPuppy on Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Post by Shann » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:22 am

Congratulations Barb for coming in Bth for your talking Trash. I really liked it and am surprised it didn't do better! There were several stories that I thought might be in the top this week but the important thing is to keep trying!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Post by Shann » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:26 am

Oops congratulations Amy for being in the top 30. Ii didn't catch that at first and it was one of the ones I was surprised waxbill the top. So way to go Barb and Amy Leah and Tiara!!'
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:32 am

Congrats, Barb and Tiara (and me) for being in the top lists!

Barb, so glad the meeting went okay.

Pup, glad you got to check in for a min, anyway. Internet is wacky, huh?

Leonie, how's the little one doing? (I can't remember how to spell her name. Owami?)
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:13 am

Sparrow wrote:Congrats, Barb and Tiara (and me) for being in the top lists!

Leonie, how's the little one doing? (I can't remember how to spell her name. Owami?)
Shann was spelling it Owamie I think...and Congrats those whom placed!
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:26 am

I understand her dilemma. It's super crowded in the Bath pool and she's afraid if I go there won't be a place to put the chair. Most of her friends relize I'm sick, but it's tough. It's always hot in the pool anyway but without having an internal thermostat, I sweat profusely. I look like one of the kids that have been swimming. Plus I can shake really bad which makes the sweating worse. When you sweat so much I can literally wring sweat out of my clothes after about an hour, I get grungy looking and a little ripe. She is a great kid, but it's hard, most are sympathetic but there are a handful that can make it hard on her. She just wants a normal mom. Chris is going to talk to her and see what she really wants, I love her and after all the gossip stories I don't want to make her life anymore difficult.

Sorry I'm having a huge pity party. I was so hoping this week, might just have been by week to do well in the challenge. I really liked my piece and I worked so hard correcting it and taking in mind all of the constructive criticism. It's hard to not do well in the listings time after time after time. I feel like Chrissy that I don't belong in level 3, but of course she took 5th place so what does that say about where I belong. Maybe my talent is reading and not writing.

Sorry about the whine fest. I'm just tired of always feeling like a loser no matter what I do. Now if I could learn to be a gracious loser maybe I'd be good at something in life (Other than raising marvelous kids, but that was 70% God 28% them !.9 % Chris and I'll take the rest of the credit, but that is something to shout out loud about. They are incredible creatures. Lydia never would have admitted she'd be embarrassed if I hadn't asked her to be honest with me. I know it was hard because she really doesn't like to hurt anyone's feelings. Unless she's trying to manipulate to get better groceries, but even that I gurantee she'll eat the stuff she said was disgusting and if not I will and I'll send food home with Quint. He appreciates any food now that he's on his own!

Okay I'm done. Time for me to fly. Be good to each other.

Oh I thought if you can receive texts on your phone for Secret Santa that would be a good way to tell someone you love them so if you want to receive text include your number. For those wondering how to do it secretly you can text for free using google, you can block your number from being seen and you can text from itouch! Just a thought I hope Pup, Tim and Barb, Becky too and anyone else you isn't sure they won't to be vulnerable. will reconsider. You are all great encouragers and someone may really need your words. Let God use you as an instrument of love this season!
Last edited by Shann on Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:35 am

JoyAnn wrote:
Sparrow wrote:Congrats, Barb and Tiara (and me) for being in the top lists!

Shann was spelling it Owamie I think...and Congrats those whom placed!
Well don't take Shann at her word. I name my character Wrigley Fielding and my son Quinten. I believe Amy is correct Owami is the little lady's name I believe. Leonie what does her name translate to in English do you know? I'm still praying for you all especially have had the boys weighing on my heart.

I'm glad things went okay Barb, I will keep praying.

Maybe tomorrow Amy you can call and ask about the job. Did you actually go in for an interview? One thing that really helped Emily get her recent job offers is she sent an email thank you note for phone interviews, then when they did face to face interviews, she sent a hand-written thank you note. She was told over and over how impressive that is and she was the only one who did it out of so many applicants.
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:43 am

Well Shann, with such problems causing fears, I can see you dilemma. I pray it could work out that you can go. I am sure it would be a better blessing if mom could make it to her meet and watch her win. Perhaps Chris could go and text you the results, then you could set up a little party after. Win or Lose.

I have this weeks Challenge done, still waiting on me friendly reader. :wink:

Still not sure though if I should continue to add it to the WC. No doubt the animosity part is blown and would count against it. But then too, I know it wouldn't win, just the idea of getting it done and on topic for the Challenge is my main "Challenge" this quarter.

What do you all think, should I keep adding it to the Challenge or just place it in the Regular Submissions???

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:30 am

Shann- I am so very sorry you're having a down day. I hope and pray that things work out for the best, whatever God's plan is.

As far as the Writing Challenge, when I first joined faithwriters I kept entering the WC hoping I'd place. I never did and in all honesty it made me feel like I was a terrible writer and it wasn't what I was meant to do. However writing was an outlet for me, it was fun. I believe it is a gift God gave me. Unfortunately I never did place, the critiques I got on my work usually left me feeling worthless. I knew that people weren't purposefully being mean to me, they were trying to help me be a better writer. I did eventually place in the top 15 once. All I can say is, pray about it, work on it and don't give up. Practice makes perfect, don't let the critiquing get to you but do take it in heart and try to apply it to your work. But above all else, make sure you write for God and give him the Glory.
Philippians 4:13 wrote:"I can do all this through him who gives me strength."
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:54 am

Morning Kiddo. :wink:

For me the Challenge has always been to write something by Topic and submit that first draft... learning to do so better each time. I never have felt I would win on the thing... and so far have proven myself right on that. :lol:

This quarter I have decided to do something different. Using the Challenge topics individually but in a series. The hardest part is stopping each week, not writing it ahead of time, then changing it later to fit the topic. I know where I am wanting to go with it in the end, but each week has managed to get a little more for me story line so even I don't actually know where it is going.

I use the same characters and general plot genre and add something new to the story each time using the different TOPIC. It has gone well to date, but the anonymity was blown by the second week. (Folks here notice names way to much..) So far it has worked out, and each one has followed its own topic prompt.

I don't get much by way of comments on mine, though the few who point out mistakes I take to heart... mainly to improve my writing. Those who say they didn't "get it" I don't worry about. I knew what I was writing at the time, even if it was tooooooo far out of the box to get.
Last edited by JesusPuppy on Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:59 am

JesusPuppy wrote:Morning Kiddo. :wink:
:thumbs :mrgreen:
Dum Spiro Spero

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:37 am

Sparrow wrote:Hi guys. Today has a bit more energy than tomorrow, especially since my morning thing got cancelled so I went back to bed. I think I might have aced my math test again. And no word on the job yet.

I ventured out with regular shoes today. :shock: Was a little tight on my toe so I won't do that yet for a long time out, but for just a few hours it worked.

Shann, the wheelchair sounded like a great idea to me. She'd rather have no Mom cheerleader than one in a wheelchair?

My NaNo characters just realized the squinty-eyed man is following them. :sofa Who is he?? He doesn't look like a cop or a social worker. Why is he following them?

Oh, and then they met Ivy's characters and are having a great conversation. :mrgreen: And maybe if they blend in with a family then the bad guy won't bug them.

OK, off to write more words. You know, this is about the furthest I've gotten in any of my other noveling attempts. I'm going all the way this time! I have 7474 words right now. (Isn't that a lovely number?)
Hey little sparrow, you said, "Today has a bit more energy than tomorrow," :heehee so I believe you when you say your tired. I thought, poor thing...she's got so much going on too and I instantly thought you were gonna be bummed out if you weren't going full speed with NaNo, BUT YOU ARE....YAY! AND YES 7474 is a lovely number! Have also been thinking about your toe and how it was gettin along, in fact, just yesterday, so now I know. My mouth watered with the pain I felt for you trying to wear your regular shoes. :) But at least you got the little bugger on so it shouldn't be too much longer.

And Ivykins....SO GLAD to see you back! I've really, really, really missed you. You're a "blessed" one of a kind! Also did my heart "real good" to hear about your talk with mamakins....and I KNOW it did her heart "REALLY good" !...:)

As for the guy and not knowing if he's a Christian...here's the deal with my experiences, if you have to ask, well....um.....usually not a good indicator. God says that you'll know those that are his (just by their spirit alone) and if he is a believer, maybe not sold out in his walk. Now don't everybody get their panties in a bunch....I KNOW, everyone has different personalities and all and some are very shy and quiet...but still, people sold out usually can't help themselves with exuding it in their speech, even if it's an itty bitty amen. Just my experience and thoughts on the matter sweetie and since I'm number 3 in the mama list (Your mama and mama Shann), well, just have to give my 4 cents! :)

Return to “The Water Cooler”