Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Shann

Post by Shann » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:54 am

JesusPuppy wrote:I will be off for a few days except when I am at work.. over lunch time. They are working on the lines for the Optic cable that my online net is run on. It was funny, they sent me an Email to let me know the line was down... even though I couldn't get on line to get it........ :roll:

All you NaNose ( :lol: ) keep at it.
. Are you sure your not just avoiding me so. I won't nag you about the Secrt Santa thing??? Plus won't you be off work too so that means you won't really be around unless you bike to the library!! I'm going through Pup-withdrawal already. I just woke up a bit ago and my head was pounding so bad!! I thought I was getting Lyd's cold or a migraine bit nod I know it's a combo of Pup and Tim withdrawal!!

Hey dude you okay Tim I don't recollect seeing you much since your delightful day with Pam.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Post by Shann » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:06 am

I was going to do some Wrigley book for NaNo but I need to get out to computer to type and I just don't feel well. I did part of my challenge but I don't think people will like the ending. And I just feel overwhelmed about another (nano) site. I'm not real bright when it comes to computers and websites and stuff. I might just write but I need to feel better first.

Lyd has huge swim meet this week and I really want to go so maybe once I get over that. It's super hard for me to leave the house and when I know I'm leaving about a week before I get all upset can't sleep or do much of anything. Other than walking in my yard I haven't been out of house since I went to hops in Sept. I only made it to one of her meets so I really need to get to this one ( it's a 2 part preliminaries are on Wed and finals are on Fri)
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

BusBoss
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by BusBoss » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:50 am

Shann wrote: Hey dude you okay Tim I don't recollect seeing you much since your delightful day with Pam.
I'm fine ... Just avoiding :shock: ummmm ... I mean ... ummm ... Jus a little busy :mrgreen:

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:09 am

BusBoss wrote: I'm fine ... Just avoiding :shock: ummmm ... I mean ... ummm ... Jus a little busy :mrgreen:
:nono2 :fingerwag :orangeyes

... :lol:
Dum Spiro Spero

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:17 am

Shann wrote:Boy this NaNo stuff made me a little orphan. Hardly Antibes been around at all. I have my challenge enTry started and am over 100 already. I don't know how people keep it under 750 I'm half way done and at close to 900 words! I think I'm gonna change it a bit. I have a great twist but it might be one of those twist where people get mad at me.

Well just stopped on to day nighty-night. Love ya all and hope you all doing just dandy! Shout out to Tim Ivy Barb Holly Tiara Pup Laureen Leah Leonie Shelley Seema Becky and all of those beautiful peeps I haven't seen lately. I'm waiting for your addresses Tim and Pup!!! Trust me it'll be easier to just go along with the crazy mommy!!!
Shann wrote:Boy this NaNo stuff made me a little orphan. Hardly Antibes been around at all. I have my challenge enTry started and am over 100 already. I don't know how people keep it under 750 I'm half way done and at close to 900 words! I think I'm gonna change it a bit. I have a great twist but it might be one of those twist where people get mad at me.

If you like it Shannykins...go with it....you as the creator have to feel good about it and besides, if anyone actually gets mad, (over another person's STORY) then they obviously need a little shaking up in their lives anyway! :wink:

Well just stopped on to day nighty-night. Love ya all and hope you all doing just dandy! Shout out to Tim Ivy Barb Holly Tiara Pup Laureen Leah Leonie Shelley Seema Becky and all of those beautiful peeps I haven't seen lately. I'm waiting for your addresses Tim and Pup!!! Trust me it'll be easier to just go along with the crazy mommy!!!

You'd better take her seriously PUP, or you'll beeeeeeeeeeeeee sorry. :D Night!
Night!

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:23 am

Hey, the borads are nutting up! Everytime I tried to add more posts it went out of FW....?

Oh Well...I just wanted to stop by and say HI before I start my day and send Blessings to all of you for a Blessed Day with the Lord! Hope Amy and Shannikins AREN'T getting sick and that both of you catch up on sleep and praying you make Lydia's meet Shannikins.

As for you Miss Seemakins.....where the heck ARE YOU? Hope everything going excellent and if not, expect to be Blessed today! Thinking extra about you too Leah and do hope new job is going well!

TTY-ALL-LATER
Luv, Hugs and Prayers.

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:26 am

Shann wrote:Are you sure your not just avoiding me so. I won't nag you about the Secrt Santa thing??? Plus won't you be off work too so that means you won't really be around unless you bike to the library!! I'm going through Pup-withdrawal already. I just woke up a bit ago and my head was pounding so bad!! I thought I was getting Lyd's cold or a migraine bit nod I know it's a combo of Pup and Tim withdrawal!!

Hey dude you okay Tim I don't recollect seeing you much since your delightful day with Pam.
I am not avoiding anyone. I just don't get into holidays much.

I keep you all in my heart for prayerevery day, so that part wouldn't be a problem. I dont know enough people to have them send greeting at facebook, and I can never find a card good enough for anything. As for the gift... I guess I could send fudge, but if I did they would automatically know it was from me, so what would be the point of being secret about it.. :roll:
Bubbles wrote:Glad you're gonna do this too....it'll be so much fun! DID YOU HEAR THAT EB?

Nope didn't hear a thing... I have my speakers turned off. :mrgreen:
Shann wrote:and all of those beautiful peeps I haven't seen lately.
She must mean Amy... thats the only person she DIDN'T list before that. :lol:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:40 am

JesusPuppy wrote: I am not avoiding anyone. I just don't get into holidays much.
I'm with you, Pup. I only do holidays because of my mom, but I just as soon cocoon in my room with some project.

Secret Santas can be fun, but like I mentioned to Shann, I have had TOO MANY bad experiences with the practice, and not inclined to try again.
Barb Culler

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:40 am

JesusPuppy wrote:
Shann wrote:Are you sure your not just avoiding me so. I won't nag you about the Secrt Santa thing??? Plus won't you be off work too so that means you won't really be around unless you bike to the library!! I'm going through Pup-withdrawal already. I just woke up a bit ago and my head was pounding so bad!! I thought I was getting Lyd's cold or a migraine bit nod I know it's a combo of Pup and Tim withdrawal!!

I am not avoiding anyone. I just don't get into holidays much.

I keep you all in my heart for prayerevery day, so that part wouldn't be a problem. I dont know enough people to have them send greeting at facebook, and I can never find a card good enough for anything. As for the gift... I guess I could send fudge, but if I did they would automatically know it was from me, so what would be the point of being secret about it.. :roll:
Bubbles wrote:Glad you're gonna do this too....it'll be so much fun! DID YOU HEAR THAT EB?

Nope didn't hear a thing... I have my speakers turned off. :mrgreen:

OKAY, NOW who's being P R E C I O U S?
Shann wrote:and all of those beautiful peeps I haven't seen lately.
She must mean Amy... thats the only person she DIDN'T list before that. :lol:
Well, here goes my 4 cents peeps....truth is, I can see where guys (men) aren't into this Santa thingy....it's definitely a girly thingy 'cuz we're just made squishy and mushy and nurturing and mothering and all that stuff, so truth is....and I hate admitting this.....I don't think I'd have it in me either if I was one of you Martians :).....SO, I say we let "whoever" off the hook, BUT...I have one pretty good idea....IF EB would be willing. Since your fudge is so darn good (I've only heard tho) :roll: ....how about Mommy Shannikins picking a number from 1-100 and then all of us 'GUESS' a number and whoever is closest gets some fudge mailed to them from EB....if that sounds a bit much Pup...I truly do understand that, but it would be exciting for the rest of us to try to be the one who wins it. JUST A THOUGHT here, so any feedback? Mainly you EB. :mrgreen:

kahoosbt
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by kahoosbt » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:52 am

Well here I am, again... a little behind, as usual. (By that I meant I am a little behind not I have a... oh, never mind. :mrgreen:)

Anyway, I haven't caught up on posts. I've been praying for all of you, though...Tim & Pam, and Leonie, especially. I did read (and love) some of the posts Leonie made about the little girl settling in, but haven't read the posts the past couple of days at all.

I did want to post this, though, about my nephew's family and their movie... (I also posted it in the water cooler). I'll try to go back and read posts after I get back from Bible study...
A few months back I'd posted about my nephew's family's movie (and put a link to the trailer).

Well, they entered it in the San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival and got the Audience Choice Award (by a landslide!) :D

They also were runners up for both Best Feature and Best of Festival!

By the way, the Best of Festival award for which they were the runner up gets $101,000.00, so this is no small contest! :shock: (Edit: I meant the winner gets $101k... there was no (direct) monetary award for them as runner up. But I'm sure it will help sales! :mrgreen: One person told them it would not be at all unreasonable after this to expect to sell 50,000 copies this next year! 8))

Most of the films they were up against had multi hundred thousand dollar budgets and dozens (sometimes hundreds) of people working on them. Joel, Lisa and kids made this movie entirely on their own (wrote, directed, edited and produced it) and all of the acting is done by their own kids.

About three years ago, now, Joel felt led by the Lord to quit an excellent job to do this, and look what happened!

Don't ever be afraid to follow the leading of the Lord, even if it seems crazy at the time!

Here's a link to a story about the festival. The last picture is Joel and family (they misspelled their last name as Seege... its Steege). Story / Picture

And here's a link to their trailer... Trailer

Sorry for the long post, I'm just so excited for them!
Shelley

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:59 am

So when does it go on sale. I wanted to see it just by what I saw in the trailer. It was way good.

As for the fudge idea, that would be fine by me. I would even be willing to send each of you a batch is you want. That doesnt bother me one bit.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:46 pm

The Pup wrote:fudge
:drool :bow
Dum Spiro Spero

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:34 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:So when does it go on sale. I wanted to see it just by what I saw in the trailer. It was way good.

As for the fudge idea, that would be fine by me. I would even be willing to send each of you a batch is you want. That doesnt bother me one bit.
Hey, maybe you'te not an EB....:), but I for one, want to contribute to the cost of making AND mailing, SO PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE don't be an EB on that one, ok? P R E T T Y please???????????????????????????

Shann

Post by Shann » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:51 pm

BusBoss wrote:
Shann wrote: Hey dude you okay Tim I don't recollect seeing you much since your delightful day with Pam.
I'm fine ... Just avoiding :shock: ummmm ... I mean ... ummm ... Jus a little busy :mrgreen:
I know the SS stuff might be a tad silly for the guys, and I understand about Barb's worries, but I think we've had such a rough few bumps in our little family and Christmas can be really hard for some people. If just the regulars would do it, then we'd have 8-10 creative people thinking.

You don't have to send a present but at the end when we reveal ourselves if Pup wanted to send fudge to his person that would be okay and not give the secret away because it would be at the reveal.

Other than that you could send a note on FB ask someone to copy and paste a PM to someone on the boards. (Like I could ask my friend Joan to send a PM to someone) or in the water cooler we could leave a message or mail a Christmas card. Also with our fake emails we could email the person little "love in Christ notes" It doesn't have to be holiday oriented just fun!

It'd only take a minute or two say every 3-4 days to just let your person know you care. I think it could be fun too. You guys are all so brilliant I'm sure we'd be surprised to find all the fun and silly things we could do. If anyone who isn't a regular and wants to do it they could too. Maybe I could post something in the Water Cooler to see if anyone is interested.

I know I'm being kind of a nag, but I really feel God has His hand in this. Just think your little special note could make a huge difference in someone's day. I have this tugging on my heart that one or more of us are really really going to make a difference for someone. We've been plaqued with illnesses, sleep deprivation, low self-estemmm and we need to lift one another up. The element of surprise just shows the way God can work.

I remember when I was having a rough time my minister told me to write the time down on a piece of paper when I felt like I needed God's help. He would then write the time down when he felt God calling him to pray for me. We did it for a week or two. At first I was disappointed because I wanted the times to match up exactly but once I looked closer I noticed about 90% of my bad time Jamie (minister) was praying for me within 10 minutes of my time of need.

There was one time when I was really upset. I was practically screaming God please help me. It was in the middle of the night. Jamie awoke from a very sound sleep (he wrote this on the paper after it happened as did I) he got down on his knees and prayed for like 15 minutes for me. He was in a close time span of my time I can't remember exactly but I think it was 10 min. I remember thinking at the time when I was so upset that this would be the real indicator if it was just luck or God's work. I was floored.

I just have that same kind of feeling. So Holly is right if you don't think you'll send encouraging messages, notes, surprises, etc then you shouldn't do it because it might really hurt someone if they don't get a note or message. But if you don't want to do it because you're afraid of one person caring that much for you through Christ (cough, cough you know who you are) then be brave and do it. It's nice to be the center of attention, plus you could change someone's day in ways we can't even imagine.

Think about it, pray about it and let God lead you. Again as I think Holly said the crazy Mommy will shower you with love notes if I think you're not participating out of fear. I have confidence God will let me know. Plus I bet He might whisper in some of the other crazies'ears :heehee
Shann

Shann's Profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:53 pm

kahoosbt wrote:Well here I am, again... a little behind, as usual. (By that I meant I am a little behind not I have a... oh, never mind. :mrgreen:)

Anyway, I haven't caught up on posts. I've been praying for all of you, though...Tim & Pam, and Leonie, especially. I did read (and love) some of the posts Leonie made about the little girl settling in, but haven't read the posts the past couple of days at all.

I did want to post this, though, about my nephew's family and their movie... (I also posted it in the water cooler). I'll try to go back and read posts after I get back from Bible study...
A few months back I'd posted about my nephew's family's movie (and put a link to the trailer).

Well, they entered it in the San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival and got the Audience Choice Award (by a landslide!) :D

They also were runners up for both Best Feature and Best of Festival!

By the way, the Best of Festival award for which they were the runner up gets $101,000.00, so this is no small contest! :shock: (Edit: I meant the winner gets $101k... there was no (direct) monetary award for them as runner up. But I'm sure it will help sales! :mrgreen: One person told them it would not be at all unreasonable after this to expect to sell 50,000 copies this next year! 8))

Most of the films they were up against had multi hundred thousand dollar budgets and dozens (sometimes hundreds) of people working on them. Joel, Lisa and kids made this movie entirely on their own (wrote, directed, edited and produced it) and all of the acting is done by their own kids.

About three years ago, now, Joel felt led by the Lord to quit an excellent job to do this, and look what happened!

Don't ever be afraid to follow the leading of the Lord, even if it seems crazy at the time!

Here's a link to a story about the festival. The last picture is Joel and family (they misspelled their last name as Seege... its Steege). Story / Picture

And here's a link to their trailer... Trailer

Sorry for the long post, I'm just so excited for them!
Shelley

So so cool Shelley!!! :D :music2 :party :music2
Shann

Shann's Profile

Return to “The Water Cooler”