Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by JesusPuppy » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:01 am

Does that mean even we wont know who were are sending to or just getting from. And... if EM is going to MATCH us, do we like have to fill out questionary forms and start a profile somewhere.... :roll:

:lol:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:39 am

JesusPuppy wrote: do we like have to fill out questionary forms and start a profile somewhere.... :roll:
:shocked

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:46 am

HNow Em is going to draw names out of a hat just like we would if we were all together, she's just going to make sure no one gets themselves, then she will email everyone with their Secret Santa. The accomplice would be someone who would be willing to forward emails to you so you don't have to set up another account. But if it's easier for some, to make up an account and send things to that account and from it so you don't need an accomplice that would be okay too.

Things I thought we could do:
1) pray for our Secret Santa
2) have people leave messages either on FB, FW or another way you can think of
3) Send cards to home address
4) If desired and can afford mail small gifts that the recipient might enjoy. (You don't have to spend money on this either, make something, draw a picture or have a kid draw a picture, send something they might enjoy but might not see everyday a photo of a snowbank, might give me away, but you get it. Write a story or poem just for that person
5/ Send an email reminding the person how special they are.

If anyone else can think of ideas, post them here. If you think we should have any rules post them here. This time of year can be overwhelming and I just think many of us have had the blahs and some pretty traumatic events. This is just a fun way to let us all know we are loved.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:51 am

JesusPuppy wrote:Ok so what is with the SS thingy, are we suppose to hide somewhere in a red suit and beard then jump out and say boo? That I could handle, but anything else I may have to stand down.

Sorry... :roll:
I think I would just love it if you were to jump out in a red suit and say Boo. I'd probably scream, punch you a few times, pee my pants, but then I would laugh my head off. Come on Pup it'll be fun. Liie you said a lot of us probably have old accounts were we could leave someone in the dark. In fact if you have an email that no one knows about where you would like people to send things to include that instead of an accomplice. Plus gmail lets you get free email accounts that might be easier.

Besides if you don't participate you never know what I might do instead. (Do my evil laugh for me Tiara, I can't do it anywhere as good as you)

Plus we've already filled complicated questions out as a preface for the secret santa, you just didn't know what I was up to when I started the question game! (Insert laugh here again) :D
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:19 pm

Hello everyone. How are all the NaNo's doing out there? I trust you will all do well.
Shann I will PM you with the details and I don't have an accomplice so I will have to use another e-mail address.
Enjoy your writings writers :!: :!:
Leonie (My friends call me Blueberry (or was it Boobelly?))

http://www.stanley1126.wordpress.com

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:59 pm

LStanley wrote:Hello everyone. How are all the NaNo's doing out there? I trust you will all do well.
Great!! I had my whole day's word count done by 1:30 AM. :mrgreen: Might as well have stayed up longer since I didn't sleep much (wasn't even thinking that much about the book--just didn't sleep). Now I'm off to write some more.

Check out my opening paragraphs and some NaNo funnies on my blog: Inaugural NaNo Lessons

Shann, I guess I'll try. I think all my emails have Sparrow or PeP in them, but I guess I could make one up.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:06 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:Ok so what is with the SS thingy, are we suppose to hide somewhere in a red suit and beard then jump out and say boo? That I could handle, but anything else I may have to stand down.

you can just be your sorry little self all you want but that ain't gonna stop this heifer from adding EBENEEZER to your list of nicknames! :)
Shann wrote:HNow Em is going to draw names out of a hat just like we would if we were all together, she's just going to make sure no one gets themselves, then she will email everyone with their Secret Santa. The accomplice would be someone who would be willing to forward emails to you so you don't have to set up another account. But if it's easier for some, to make up an account and send things to that account and from it so you don't need an accomplice that would be okay too.

Things I thought we could do:
1) pray for our Secret Santa
2) have people leave messages either on FB, FW or another way you can think of
3) Send cards to home address
4) If desired and can afford mail small gifts that the recipient might enjoy. (You don't have to spend money on this either, make something, draw a picture or have a kid draw a picture, send something they might enjoy but might not see everyday a photo of a snowbank, might give me away, but you get it. Write a story or poem just for that person
5/ Send an email reminding the person how special they are.

If anyone else can think of ideas, post them here. If you think we should have any rules post them here. This time of year can be overwhelming and I just think many of us have had the blahs and some pretty traumatic events. This is just a fun way to let us all know we are loved.
Hi Cutikins....love this idea and I for one, gonna get another bogus e-mail to simplyfy it all, so will send you the other stuff real soon. :)
LStanley wrote:Hello everyone. How are all the NaNo's doing out there? I trust you will all do well.
Shann I will PM you with the details and I don't have an accomplice so I will have to use another e-mail address.
Enjoy your writings writers :!: :!:
Hi Boo....havent' started NaNo yet...just finished school, BUT did submit my challenge...YAY and YIPPEE...doing my happy dance! :) Glad you're gonna do this too....it'll be so much fun! DID YOU HEAR THAT EB? :heehee

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:59 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:OOoooo Terror in the night.. :mrgreen:

Hi Terror. :lol:
Oh I didn't see this but hi Pup..
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:03 pm

Shann wrote:

I think I would just love it if you were to jump out in a red suit and say Boo. I'd probably scream, punch you a few times, pee my pants, but then I would laugh my head off. Come on Pup it'll be fun. Liie you said a lot of us probably have old accounts were we could leave someone in the dark. In fact if you have an email that no one knows about where you would like people to send things to include that instead of an accomplice. Plus gmail lets you get free email accounts that might be easier.

Besides if you don't participate you never know what I might do instead. (Do my evil laugh for me Tiara, I can't do it anywhere as good as you)

Plus we've already filled complicated questions out as a preface for the secret santa, you just didn't know what I was up to when I started the question game! (Insert laugh here again) :D
Okay I did it...oohh you want to see that I did it?

Muah Ha Ha Ha Ha
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:47 am

Boy this NaNo stuff made me a little orphan. Hardly Antibes been around at all. I have my challenge enTry started and am over 100 already. I don't know how people keep it under 750 I'm half way done and at close to 900 words! I think I'm gonna change it a bit. I have a great twist but it might be one of those twist where people get mad at me.

Well just stopped on to day nighty-night. Love ya all and hope you all doing just dandy! Shout out to Tim Ivy Barb Holly Tiara Pup Laureen Leah Leonie Shelley Seema Becky and all of those beautiful peeps I haven't seen lately. I'm waiting for your addresses Tim and Pup!!! Trust me it'll be easier to just go along with the crazy mommy!!!

Night!
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:01 am

JoyAnn wrote:
Shann wrote:

Okay I did it...oohh you want to see that I did it?

Muah Ha Ha Ha Ha
Add higher pitch to the ending.... almost got it right though. :heehee

JesusPuppy Profile

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:04 am

I will be off for a few days except when I am at work.. over lunch time. They are working on the lines for the Optic cable that my online net is run on. It was funny, they sent me an Email to let me know the line was down... even though I couldn't get on line to get it........ :roll:

All you NaNose ( :lol: ) keep at it.

JesusPuppy Profile

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:34 am

Shann wrote:Boy this NaNo stuff made me a little orphan. Hardly Antibes been around at all. I have my challenge enTry started and am over 100 already. I don't know how people keep it under 750 I'm half way done and at close to 900 words!
I thought you were gonna write a Wrigley book for NaNo? Did you decide not to? As for the challenge, I often have a rough draft of 1,200! I know how hard it is to write 750.

I'm already over a day ahead of schedule on NaNo! This is fun! Feeling a little blah otherwise, though, and my throat hurts, so hoping it's just allergies and not me getting sick.

Didn't sleep much last night so I better head to bed and see if I can find the Sandman.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:21 am

A day ahead, then maybe you can take a day off and rest. I know, you cant stop when you are on a roll. Just don't ware yourself out with it.

It is lunch time here, and the misty drizzles are drifting down like fog, only thicker. Perfect walk on the beach weather, but I am working, so it will have to wait til tomorrow. 8)
Shann wrote:I'm waiting for your addresses Tim and Pup!!! Trust me it'll be easier to just go along with the crazy mommy!!!
I am still thinking I might be sick that week. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:14 am

Just popping in to say hi with everyone before going to bed. I really want to continue writing right now, but I'm hoping I get up before noon tomorrow so I need to go to bed now then....gahh I'm enjoying this so much...I was thinking I was going to be wired and too nervous to do it...but that's not the case at all!!! :) :mrgreen: thanks Ivy for talking me into it!!! I'm doing it next year I already decided!
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

[email protected]
TiaraJoy's Profile

Return to “The Water Cooler”