Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by JesusPuppy » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:19 am

A short night for me. Only 5 AM and I am home already. Tomorrow will probably be the same. I have a bunch of posters and banners to hang for the upcoming "Grocery-Giveaway" They have been running the last few years for holiday sales. Silly but they pay me to hang them up, so I wont complain... much. :lol:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:03 am

Hi all from a drizzly Sunday afternoon on the South Coast. The weather makes you want to get in bed and curl up with a good man.. I mean good book. :oops:
Everything is going great here. The boys are hanging out with their friends and the little girl is fast asleep for an afternoon nap. I think it is all the food we have been giving her. I am sure that is a shock to the system.

You all must have a wonderful Sunday and I will chat later. I am going to work on a few reports in the comfort of my home and get ready for a hectic Monday.
:grouphug
Leonie (My friends call me Blueberry (or was it Boobelly?))

http://www.stanley1126.wordpress.com

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:26 am

And may your drizzly day be a blessed one, Boo.

And to the rest of you rascally RestStopBobs and Bob-ets as well. :P
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:39 am

:lol: @ Pup.... yeah foil really helps your brain doesn't it..... :heehee
BECKY!!!!!!

Hi.
and HI LAUREN!!!!! :mrgreen:

and..... as for my day, I'm about to get off here and get ready for church, after that I'll probably sit around and do nothing or work a little more on my outline for NaNo..... hopefully I can stay up late tonight and start writing at midnight :mrgreen: (even considered taking a nap this afternoon)

and Leonie, I thought you'd be interested- when I was about 7 my Aunt adopted 2 kids from Ethiopia. A girl and a boy. The boy, Tedelle, was just a baby. However the girl, Marta, we didn't know how old she was but they assumed around 7 or so... I think they didn't really keep track of ages and birthdays. Anyway, she didn't know english. I remember when my aunt brought her back to the US and we were at my grandparents house. I remember watching Marta and my other cousin playing and talking to each other (one talking in english and the other obviously not) and seemingly understanding each other too. It was really quite awesome
:D
Dum Spiro Spero

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:23 pm

LStanley wrote:the little girl is fast asleep for an afternoon nap. I think it is all the food we have been giving her. I am sure that is a shock to the system.
Sounds like she finally feels safe and comfortable, too. If she was stressed and not sleeping much before then her body will be glad to catch up and get some extra rest. So glad things are going well. I'm glad the aunt cares enough to be checking in, even if she is dissapointed. ;)

Well, I better go get ready for church. Can't be late when I'm interpreting! Really tired, so hoping I'll get a nap before my sister's family comes this evening. Will have to do a little more cleaning, though, too.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Shann

Post by Shann » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:49 pm

Leonie I am keeping you in my prayers. I love your updates but am also really interested in how the boys are doing I think it might be easy for them to feel left out as the little one needs so much care and time. Just know the boys are in my Prayers as well.

Amy I hope you feel better so you can enjoy the movies with your nieces.

I've spent the last couple of hours reading the stories. I don't know if I like how speedy these new judges are! I like to try to read everyone's before the all clear comes in. So I just decided I'd wait and finish readingtjem and then go back and read the clues and if someone asks for a certain type of red ink then I might go back and focus on that. There were a lot of entries that haven't only one comment(mine) or just one or two so although many of you are excited about NaNo don't forget to read and comment ESP the ones from our little group.

In level 1 read the 3rd Dom the bottom ( friend you write to) and 11th from
the bottom (Speaking Garbage)

In level 3 read the 15th from bottom (Wh. of Ho) and 18th from bottom (Pa No) and 7 th from bottom (Ba SH)
And Holly is in the general submission area! I'm not sur if Ivy, Kara or Leonie submitted.

In Masters Read 7 from bottom ( Bat Pl), 11th from TOP one word (Dist), 18 from top 3 words (Let of Ato)

I think I got everyone I know about now I just need to nag nag nag until everyone comments!!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:19 pm

Hello Peoples :!: :!:
10:00pm Sunday night and the Stanley house is quiet. All kiddies in bed and all teens in bed and don't forget husband (in bed).
Becky thanks for sharing, I have noticed this afternoon that she definitely understands and me and Owami had our first 'Because I said so' moment tonight. I told her it was time for bed and she politely shook her head in the negative. Charl (youngest son) commented 'Owami you are so not going to win this discussion'. So yes everything is normal. The boys are relaxing around her because they have noticed that they still have their voice in the family. The 2 boys were on FB tonight and wanted me to see their posts and games they were playing and I had to go from laptop to laptop to get the updates. I did it with a smile because I knew that was their way to check and see if I am still interested in them. Owami is still unsure around Graham but she is at least looking at him now she is not hiding behind her hands. I think she might have witnessed when her mother was attacked just prior to her death. That will be a slow process but GOD IS GREAT!!
So Shann thank you for the prayers I know that that is the reason why things are going quite smoothly over here. :P :) :P

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:31 pm

Forgot to mention that Owami decided to write on the furniture tonight. Charl gave me this worried look and by the time I got there it was too late. She was sitting with a gel pen in her hands and writing on paper when she decided that that seems so 'everyday'. She turned around in her seat and proceeded in drawing a circle on the dining room chair which is only covered in Mustand Suede. I was having a fit on the inside but gave her a look and took the pen away. I have to childproof the house again :!:

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:24 pm

You certainly have a full plate Miss Boo, but sounds like your multi-tasking wonderfully. Don't let yourself get burned out. As for the drawing...I still have a dresser where Kimi drew little teen tiny circles with tails. It's "etched" in ink. :) when I asked her why they were so little, she said, so nobody could see it. :) :)

Shannikins, just finished reading all your hints and enjoyed everyone's story. What I would like to know is who wrote Baby Shoes? I so liked it and disagreed with the majority of the comments. (Sorry guys), but I found it serenely realistic. Bottom line....totally LOVE it just like it is.

Hope you are, will or have had a nap today Amykins...don't want you getting worn out!

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:31 pm

b24bomb wrote:
AnneRene' wrote:BUTTONS.....Long time no hear! :heehee I've been thinking 'bout you tho, so how the heck are you? How's school going?
Ppffftt...yeah, 14 pages is a long time. :P

I'm doing well. School is pretty much taking up all my time. We are well into the second half of the semester, so the homework is piling up. Finals will be here before we know it. :P BUT after that, I get to go see my family in Oklahoma and Texas over the holidays, so I'm really looking more toward that than anything. :D It will be my reward for getting through school...lol.

What about you? How's school going?
School is going good but I'm sweating being able to accomplish Nano, still gonna at least try tho. Hang in there cutie....sending out prayers for you!

JoyAnn wrote:
AnneRene' wrote: JONAH IS A DOLL! LIKE FOR REAL!

As for the perfume thingy....No, 'whatever' doesn't work for me and I'm sorry :(....I would have a complex too in the same situation!! SO...how 'bout when you're NOT being precous...I just call you "precious" ? :love2 and only use this little wee one.
I KNOW!!! I love Jonah his a sweetie the And I don't really care if you call me stinka I get over it it wasn't even a big deal...and that dog isn't really precious...but again I don't care.
Oh man, your such a little PRECIOUS handful! :heehee and as for the dog not being preciously adorable...IS SO! :razzberry :razzberry :razzberry :razzberry :razzberry :razzberry :razzberry

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:25 pm

Shann wrote:Amy I hope you feel better so you can enjoy the movies with your nieces.
Thanks, but sadly they aren't feeling better. My middle niece is coughing, so they won't be coming over after all. My mom had a kidney transplant years ago and has a very weak immune system so she has to avoid sick people. SisJ's and mine aren't real strong, either. Hopefully we'll be able to get together with them when everyone is well.

Interpreting went all right and I had a bit of a rest after that. Now just waiting eagerly for NaNo!! I think I read all the entries in our group here--did I miss anyone? I've been working on reading some of the others, too. Thanks for all the comments on mine!

OH! and Extreme Home Makeover tonight is remodeling the Oregon School for the Deaf. I'm excited to see that! It's not "my" Deaf school (I used to volunteer at the Washington one) but I've been there several times and knew quite a few people in the crowd who went to see it. We'll see if I can spot anyone I know.

Leonie, sounds like things are going well with your family. Sorry about the ruined chair! LOL

Holly, the story you asked about is Lauren's. :)
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:41 pm

Hi :D

:? oh wait ... wrong thread :roll:

I wanted to than everyone for the comments on my entry ... a suicide note was my first thought when I saw the topic.

The was a bit on the personal side as it deals with the emotional / mental aspect of depression. A lot of it was based on observations of Pam and some was actually taken from my own personal notes over the past several months. I altered the details and wove the suicide note through the details.

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:45 pm

I'm patiently waiting for midnight.... is it here yet?! *sigh* guess not. :lol:

Although I'll probably end up getting bored here within the next couple hours and end up going to bed instead and just start writing tomorrow. :|
Dum Spiro Spero

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:46 pm

You? Get bored? :roll:

:wink: :lol:

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:18 pm

BusBoss wrote:You? Get bored? :roll:

:wink: :lol:
me? Get bored? Now who would say a thing like that?!

... must of been an imposter! :lol: :roll:
Dum Spiro Spero

Return to “The Water Cooler”