Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

deejay
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by deejay » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:34 pm

I did ask nicely. It was when they kept saying no that I got angry. The people around me don't much care--they're mental cases who sit and talk to people who aren't there, etc.. You have to understand there are politics at play here. The staff are egocentric boobs who are on a major power trip. I've been in that situation before. They don't communicate with us unless there's a power washing or a bug spray scheduled. The shifts don't even talk to each other. I have worked in places that ran three shifts a day, and communication between shifts is vital.
The only reason I can think of as to why my suitcase got stolen last year, and my spot got reassigned 3 weeks ago is because God wants me to do something to advocate for the oppressed. Maybe I could write the editors of the newspapers. There's so much negativity towards homeless people, and yes some of it is deserved, but the fact is unless housing prices go down and wages go up, I'd say at least three quarters of this country is going to be homeless. People could start rioting in the streets, forcibly taking over buildings, whether abandoned or not, because elected officials don't want to deal with it. I looked up "Homeless Bill of Rights", and there actually is one, and it's been ratified by a few states, with California next on the list. But it's a hot potato item. Besides, it doesn't go far enough. Read it for yourself. There should be a measure that homeless people should be treated with respect in shelters, among other things. We vote and pay taxes too, you know. One of my neighbors has a twin sister who is married to a man who inherited a lot of money, and 8 houses. Together, they rent those houses to millionaires. They don't care a rodent's backside about their homeless sister, to give her a place.
I was reading on the website www.gendisasters.com, about fires, selecting cases of fires in nursing homes, poor houses, asylums for the mentally ill and orphans, etc.. The places they were housed in were deathtraps. Nobody cared. There were even a couple of cases where people set fire to the asylums so they could go and rob the inmates, as well as to show lack of respect for the less fortunate. Not much has changed--apartments and houses for low-income people are rat holes in bad areas. Wouldn't be surprised if some punks decided to rid their area of homeless people in cheap housing by burning the places down. There have been cases where homeless people have had their tents set on fire. Orange County is hopelessly corrupt.

deejay

Post by deejay » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:10 pm

PRAISE GOD!!!! This morning I got my stuff back! Only a purple jacket given to me by a lady at my church is missing. My family advised me to file a police report, and I did, but there is still the issue of the suitcase that was stolen from me last June.
Continue praying I get my spot back--the girl they put there is in rehabilitative therapy, and I'm hoping that if she doesn't return soon, they will make that bed available, which was mine for two years.

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:03 pm

I'm glad you got some of your stuff back, but I also hope you're pursuing leads to better jobs so that you can find a place to live soon. That way you wouldn't need to worry about getting your spot back. I can't help but wonder if this is God's way to encourage you to start working towards finding a job and place to live now rather than wait until the last minute. Summer is going to fly by. It also seems if you had another job and a place to live, you might be better able to use those gifts God has given you. I wish I could find a way to help you find a job where you could support yourself, help others, find happiness, and spread the news of the Holy Spirit. I truly believe God has a specific plan for you, it may not be what you want nor may it be easy, but I do believe you can do anything if you set your mind to it and you could witness Jesus' love by your actions and make such a difference in the world where you are.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

deejay

Post by deejay » Tue May 07, 2019 6:47 pm

Actually, there were a few other items missing--I found one later--so I made a list and gave it to staff, and they said they'd look.

I honestly have given job hunting a try, for quite some time, and nothing comes up. Besides, my interview outfit was in the stolen suitcase. Take my word for it--nobody is hiring old white women in my area. Especially if they speak only English. I shouldn't have to take language lessons in order to get a job. That's un-American. My ancestors came here either already speaking English or learning it thereafter. There was this one Mexican-American man on the bus one day, saying when his grandfather entered the U.S., he came in humbly, expecting to work. These people coming in illegally come here with an arrogant attitude, that they are entitled to suck off our country and not assimulate, he said. He's right. And these sanctuary cities are going to kill our country.
Go to these websites: www.armedtoserve.com, and www.returntoglory.com . They speak the truth.

In other news, I'm battling a bout of laryngitis.

deejay

Post by deejay » Tue May 28, 2019 4:22 pm

Still a bit "froggy" in the morning and if I talk too much, but I have my voice back. Bought replacements--except for the jacket--that I lost. Still coughing up some junk from my lungs.

A lady named Maria is next to me, and she's very nice. When I told her about my losing my spot, she said she will talk to staff about moving the both of us. She wants the spot next to my old one, and they were empty for a bit, then they put people in them. She says she will not allow herself to be moved unless I come with her.

Had an issue with my mailbox place; I paid my annual rent last month, a few days before it was due. A few weeks ago, I got a note in my box saying I hadn't paid. I got a receipt this year for it, I just didn't have it on me. I had them look me up in their record book, they found me, and I thought that was the end of it. Last week I went to my box, and there was another note, saying my box expired April 19th. I said I paid, go look in the book. The clerk, who had a major attitude problem, said she had and couldn't find me. So after going to the library, I went home and dug out my receipt. Last year they forgot to issue me a receipt and they had to look on their security camera for me.
Today I went there, with the receipt, and showed it to them. They checked their book, apologized, and gave me my mail. I'm so glad God intervened and kept me from having to get into a fight. I mean, people can make mistakes, but for one person to be able to find me in their book and another to not find me, and give me attitude as well, I think they need to do something about employee training.

deejay

Post by deejay » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:37 pm

Rumor has it that we may have been given a reprieve, so we won't have to leave in October. I need to confirm, but in the meantime, pray it's true.

deejay

Post by deejay » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:19 pm

Last week, my newest grandnephew arrived--Andrew David! More Amazon shopping for gifts this Christmas, next Easter, and next May for his birthday! And for years to come!

Shann

Post by Shann » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:55 pm

Congratulations
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Leonie555
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by Leonie555 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:32 pm

I see this post has grown substantially in my absence!! So - how was your day? I will tell you all about mine. Winter is settling in (not my favorite time of the year). It happened overnight!

On Sunday I fly off on a 2-week business trip to an area which is still a bit colder than where we are, BUT we don't experience plummeting temperatures as what I have seen over in America. :brrr

Have fun everyone!
Leonie
The only thing we need to fear is fear itself!

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:40 pm

We are in late spring now, well kind of. The trees are finally green and I saw the first firefly of the year last night. Just one, but it was a big one. This week finally got a bit warmer. We had a cold winter or so it seemed.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Leonie555
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by Leonie555 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:11 am

Oh wow! I can't remember the last time I saw a firefly. It has been years. Wonder where they disappeared to?
Leonie
The only thing we need to fear is fear itself!

deejay

Post by deejay » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:27 pm

I can tell it's getting warmer when I go to work and get attacked by fleas! And they're tiny--likely males--and hard to catch. I managed to kill one Friday, but while I was eating lunch one jumped off me. I tried to catch and kill it, but it escaped and I'm hoping and praying it didn't get into my food-- I looked but didn't see anything--because I don't need a case of tapeworms if I ended up eating it! Time to call the exterminator and have the great lawn and back patios at church sprayed!

deejay

Post by deejay » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:40 pm

Some of you may have heard that we had a couple of large earthquakes here in Southern California. Please do not be alarmed. I'm okay, as Ridgecrest--the epicenter--is like a two or three hour drive from where I live, assuming traffic isn't too bad. There were some injuries, no fatalities, and injuries were mostly not serious.

We were getting ready for count last night, I was sitting on my bed, when all of a sudden I noticed a kind of rolling motion of the floor and bed, plus the plastic tarp on a frame that gives us a bit of privacy was vibrating. I noticed a tiny bit of movement of the building at the peak of the quake, but nothing came down or fell over. Some people were freaking out, but staff told them not to panic. I forgot to time how long it lasted , but it seemed like a solid minute went by. I didn't feel the previous ones. After while I'm going to go to the USGS site and make a felt report.

Needless to say, everybody was watching coverage of the quake on the news last night until the TV had to go off, and first thing this morning.

Shann

Post by Shann » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:09 pm

So glad to hear you are safe.
Shann

Shann's Profile

deejay

Post by deejay » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:48 pm

I'm back in the research center for a week's stay, testing a new drug for Friedrich's ataxia and its effect on people like me who have a liver impairment. I'll get $2000 for this study.

Someone at church suggested we approach pastor about using some of the missions money--of which we have plenty--to help me get a place of my own. So I started looking at condos--only to find that's not what she intended. My worker has also spoken to me about my plans, and she's looking for a place with a private entrance and my own bathroom. But it doesn't change the fact that I can only afford $250, by myself. One of the staff said that he has a hard time finding a job, and he's bilingual. If we weren't a sanctuary state, we would have enough affordable housing and jobs, but because all the politicians in Sacramento are liberal Democrats, they're taking from deserving U.S. citizens and giving housing and jobs to illegal aliens. And the people of California are sick of it.

Return to “The Water Cooler”