To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Hire
Writers
Editors
Home Read What's New Join
Faith
Writers
Forum
My Account Login
Shop
Save
Support
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 pm

If it is the bad tooth adding to your bad health, it will be better after getting it out. I pull my own most of the time, the rest they just fall out in pieces. :roll:

Had a hard day this, rained off and on, but the bad part was a very slow day at work. I was going nuttier, nuttyer, nut-eee-er. It started to clear a bit around 5 but started raining again as I was walking home. :( Worse yet, tomorrow is going to be just like it.

Yes, Shann, you should have known better. Wasting all that rolling on the floor when you fell out of your chair, and without laughter even.... Well, I shall laugh for you. HA ha ha ha, and HA. :P
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 pm

That must be how I hurt my back! I can hardly move. I should gave known you were to blame! :tongue :loveyou :loveyou :hugs2
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

deejay

Postby deejay » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:13 pm

I was having an issue with my right ear, wasn't sure if it was the tooth or the remnants of the cold. I had a check-up appointment this morning at the research center, and after checking my ear, it's the tooth. I will be so glad to have that sucker out next week.

Hey, Shann, maybe you should keep a helmet next to your computer, huh? j/k :lol:

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:31 pm

Teehee. Between you and Pup it might be a good idea. :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:04 pm

:rolling

Oh wait. Was I suppose to laugh at that comment, or agree with it and mail you an old army helmet? :roll:

But, it was NOT my fault that you fell out of your chair, you read it wrong. It's like sleep typing... no one to blame for the typos. :wink:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:42 pm

But if you went to the doctor when sick, I wouldn't have been shocked so yes your fault! :tongue :tongue :tongue :tongue
Shann

Shann's Profile

deejay

Postby deejay » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:28 pm

Got the tooth out this morning. Dentist had a hard time getting it out. For some unfathomable reason, they wouldn't let me keep my own tooth! But I got to see it--I couldn't believe it was all orangish below the gum line; other times I've had a tooth pulled the root was white or off-white. Oe of the roots on the side of the low end of the hole broke off. But at least there was no dry socket like I had back in Dec. 1993, the last time I had a tooth pulled. ow I just have to take it easy and eat cool, soft foods.

My right ear is starting to feel better already, though.

Allison
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby Allison » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:10 pm

Glad you were able to get that bad tooth out, deejay!

Are you going to be able to stay at your current shelter for the foreseeable future? I seem to recall when you first got in that it was for a year max, and I thought that was in March? Or am I not remembering that correctly?
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

deejay

Postby deejay » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:30 pm

You're right, I entered the Courtyards in late March. There are people who have been here over a year, but though I'm working with a lady from City Net to help me get housing and more work, nothing is coming up. I am looking forward to having a place where I can come and go as I please, bathe in a bathtub, go back to my old facial and dental cleaning routines, watch TV when I want, etc..

I'm not having a good day today because there were protesters about women's rights, gay rights, immigrant rights etc., that the buses were disrupted, and I wasn't able to get out to do my laundry. There is a laundry facility at the shelter, but it uses reclaimed water, which doesn't really clean your clothes and makes them stink, plus the dryers don't dry the clothes very well.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:49 pm

You could always do like me and take them down to a river and beat them against a rock. True you do wind up with that green stain from the moss, but hey.. it is a cheap way to clean the clothes. Well, sort of clean. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

deejay

Postby deejay » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:27 pm

Most rivers here in SoCal are either dry or heavily polluted. I took my laundry to the laundromat after church. Costs me only $3.25 to wash and dry one load. And since I only do my laundry once every 5 weeks when I run out of clean clothes,that's less than $33 a year, not counting buying detergent and dryer sheets.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:06 pm

See how much you could save if Cali. had clean rivers....? :D

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:29 pm

Oh Pup you are a hoot! I just love you. :hugs2
Shann

Shann's Profile

deejay

Postby deejay » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:55 pm

No sooner than I start getting over my cold than the winds whip up, bringing allergies. I can't win for losing!
I'm trying to get a new, full-time job, and another worker from Mental Health--even though that's more of a catch-all term; they don't work exclusively with the mentally ill-- came up to me at dinner last night and they are also trying to help me get a full-time job and get housing. Finally dug around in my bin afterward and found my interview outfit and resume's, which are going to have to be updated. But my church's office manager has offered to help me with that, so I don't have to go anywhere for it.
Took some stuff out of my bin and put it in a couple bags, and this morning I put it in the danger room, where my stuff is being stored. Next I plan to go through my suitcase that is in the bin and put more stuff from there in storage. Then when I finally leave the Courtyards, it'll be a lot easier to move my stuff out with me. And I hope that's soon.

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:38 pm

I really hope you can get a full-time job.
Shann

Shann's Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler