Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by Rebecky » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:44 pm

I cant enter because i don't remember my sign in name and password and i don't own the email associated with that account anymore.

Christmas is almost here.

Bah! Humbug.
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Post by Shann » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:31 pm

Well Jay, the new year starts in just a couple of weeks and you get 4 more credits for next year. They also are offering a money back guarantee. If you sign up for the platinum level and do what they suggest and don't feel your writing has improved over 6 months, they will give your money back.

Becky, seeing how I have some connections, send me your current email and I can get it to Mike and have him reset your password so you could log in. Or you could contact Mike yourself.

Also, if any of you truly want to take part, but can't afford it, I will be happy to sponsor someone, but I'd like that person to agree to make the most of the membership because I know of others who also need help and would like to enter regularly.

I also would like to challenge you all to do a random act of kindness to someone. It could be anything from dropping a note or email saying Merry Christmas or I miss you to crocheting or knitting a blanket or hat for someone to draw a picture go offer to pray on a certain time and day for that person.

Here in the States, it's dark more than light and easy to fall into a depression. I know my pain and outbreaks are really bringing me down so I'm working on doing a project for others. It makes such a huge difference. One of my dreams is to offer to pay for someone's groceries one day. I was blessed to put gas in a car for 2 20-somethings who were 2 states away from home and had no money to get there. I had them pull the car up and I filled it. I think they were expecting me to give just a few dollars, but when I said fill it up, their eyes bugged out. Then I told them a bit about God and how it was a gift for me too.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:08 am

Rebecky wrote:Bah! Humbug.
Awwww... I love you too. :hugs2
Shann wrote:challenge you all to do a random act of kindness to someone.
Oh I do Shann, really I do.

Well, I try hard. :wink:

As for the holidays this year... I do kind of sort of look foword to it maybe, if you know what I mean... I spend the day with the kids. :mrgreen:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Post by Shann » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:09 pm

That's awesome Pup. I'm so glad you have those little ones in your life. Christmas is wonderful, but add kids to the equation and we get a tiny glimpse of how much God lives us,
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

deejay

Post by deejay » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:27 pm

This year, because I wasn't in any blood pressure studies, I was unable to buy gifts for family, nor do the one thing I love doing most of all--sending shoeboxes or buying gifts from Samaritan's Purse Operation Christmas Child.
After finding that Dayspring has changed the way they send ecards due to changes in technology, I just finished sending ecards to nearly a dozen people on my card list; I put a few cards for people who don't have email addys in the regular mail this morning, and yesterday at church I wrote up and handed cards to those whose names I can remember and who were present. Since we've had a church merge with us this year, I think next year we should have a Christmas card list, with pictures if possible, so we can link name with face and not leave new members out.
One lady at my church gave me a gift bag with a sweater--which CJ traded me for another sweater for--a wall plaque, a box of candy, a piece of fudge, a raincoat, umbrella, a blanket and a gift card for $25. Another lady gave me $25 in cash. Not Christmas yet but already made out like a bandit! :)

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:30 pm

Too funny. :lol:

JesusPuppy Profile

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:04 pm

Shann wrote:Well Jay, the new year starts in just a couple of weeks and you get 4 more credits for next year. They also are offering a money back guarantee. If you sign up for the platinum level and do what they suggest and don't feel your writing has improved over 6 months, they will give your money back.

I also would like to challenge you all to do a random act of kindness to someone. It could be anything from dropping a note or email saying Merry Christmas or I miss youoo.
We bought goodies for care packages for our military - felt good contributing.
4 new credits? Awesome, I'll try some challenges, then.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:45 pm

Had me a good day, I think the kids were taking turns sitting with me so I couldn't sneak off or leave. Every time I started to move, even to go get coffee, there was a kid in my lap asking where I was going. At one point, the older sister actually walked me into the kitchen ,watched as I made my coffee, then walked me back to my chair and stuck her little sister in my lap before running off to play hostess and greet her other guest.

Dinner was more or less 'sit where you want' for most, except for me. My sweet little Slug kept a place open for me, even told her favorite cousin she couldn't sit there. I found out from their mom later the girls planned it that way. Monkey got to sit with me before dinner and me Slug got to sit with me at dinner time and after. They decided, they worked it, and no argueing between them. It was great.

They even wore matching Christmas dresses. Too cute. Even the little monkey getting into the presents early and yes... opening two before her mom caught her. Later, when I asked her why, she looked down real shy like, knowing she had been in trouble, and said, (remember she is a big 4 year old now) "They had my name on them."

How can you fight logic like that. :lol:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:25 pm

Oh Pup, sounds like a precious day! I love that picture. You need to write some stories for those little girls. :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:44 pm

For them or about them. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

deejay

Post by deejay » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:53 pm

I have since received two more gift bags from the same person, and two different people have each given me $10. I now have more goodies, a lovely keepsake box--since I don't have any jewelry--another umbrella and a plaid ground mat--like if you're out sitting on the ground, it keeps dirt, grass, mud, etc. off you.

We are still having issues with the other tenants, as well as CJ's handling--or rather, mishandling--of them. I have decided to be the one to communicate in writing with our landlady, and I checked out a book by Nolo on renter's rights--can we say she's really in deep trouble? So CJ and Diane let me use the hotspot, so for a change I'm doing this from home. There's more, but it's way too much to tell. Keep me in prayer for everything.

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:35 pm

Will keep it in prayer. May the Lord work it all out to the best for His will to be known.

Question... Why do companies hire people who don't want to work and then give them more hours than some one who actually wants to work....?

Life. Go figure. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:39 pm

:sofa :sofa
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:13 pm

Hi Jay. :D

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:57 pm

Hey Pup, it does seem like companies do that. Lyd and I were just talking about teachers who don't like kids and aren't good with them. I just don't understand it. Usually those type of people know how to schmooze the right people. I remember at the hospital, on of the laziest and most incompetent nurses were often the patient's favorites. They'd sit chatting with people while others did all the work. Speaking of teaching and nursing, I miss Seeman and Leah. It's been so long since they popped in.

So anyone up to entering the challenge? It's resolution this week. I think Pup, Jay and Becky should enter!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Return to “The Water Cooler”